Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Wings

odd9120

Well I've never seen this topic before. Then again I've not been on this forum in like a year, so...

(last time I was here the char minimum was 100. Hmf)

Anyway, yes, I thought that strange as well.

Edited by Derpy Dash

Yeah it was pretty weird to see that. The fact that she was able to pull off a variant of a sonic rainboom towards the end of the premiere  almost effortlessly and then fly less efficiently in the later episodes is kinda odd. I'm not sure what's up with that either.  :huh:

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

I always saw her flight at the end of season three as more symbolic. She flew straight at the camera and spoke directly to the audience ("Everything is going to be just fine!") So I don't count that as cannon flying. But maybe that's just because I had to reconcile things in my own mind as her being able to fly and then not being able to fly really bothered me too. :)

• Brohoof 1

I wish they had kept her a bit off 

in her flying in this season just for a

bit of humor and well, she has not used

her wings this much this season?  I mean

yah i get it Twilight is use to walking but

you think a bit more flying would be used?

As a Unicorn flying isn't foremost in her mind, but it seems like she flies more than the other princesses. She seems to enjoy flying when she does. Fluttershy doesn't always fly either and if you look at the eps she's in, especially when it's just her and Spike, you'll see her flying. Heck in Power Ponies she was flying around zapping the Hench Ponies. I just think you'll not see her hovering like Rainbow, but actually she did that in Power Ponies too so it may be random.

Edited by Nature's Spell

I always liked the notion that flying is more about magic than it is about physics for the ponies.

So, I guess that in an impulse she could just fly and not even think about it. But when she is trying to fly, her insecurities get in the way.

also maybe princess celestia threw her into the sky.

Of course, this explanation is just a lot more fun... :lol: