Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how special are the Mane Six?

FNGRpony

This is hopefully gonna be deeper than the title suggests.

Like lets go back to hearth's warming eve.  IN the old day the pony clans were at odds ends with each other.

they were selfish, etc, etc.

not to mention everything 1000 years ago was  well just darker, 

clans at each others throat, discord, sombre, nightmare moon, etc, etc.

Now,

i think it's safe to say ponys have grown to be more chearful, loving, friendly, etc,etc.

Or am i over thinking that?

Has the main six them selves been ponys so unique that they swayed social fabric significantly?

and if so how much?

Like in magical mystery cure we see the town goes to shit with out pinkie to make people happy.

Are each of the main six a step over their for fathers?

Is pinkie really a anaomly that likes Equistra nay the world has ever seen?

Has their ever been someone as good as animals as flutter shy?

Is apple jack the best farmer in the land?

Is rarity the best fashion pony ever?

Is twilight the best magic pony that ever was?

I mean if someone said rainbow dash was the fastest pony ever, you might be like "yeah that's possible."

are the main six legendary in their talents?

Trixie is best pony 

she beats all the mane six

Yeah man Trixie is pretty damn awesome. 

OT: Of course the main six are special they are the six elements of harmony right? What other ponies in the show have something like that? I would say they are pretty darn special to acquire such a title for themselves.

Twilight considers Starswirl to be a greater practioner of magic even though Twilight may naturally have more magical power than him (epsecially as she currently is)

All the apple family are great farmers, AJ may be good but I'd imagine she'd say Big Mac is better just though experience just as Big Mac would get owned my granny smith if she were just a few years younger XD.

Rarity aspires to be a fashionista, there are ponies she thinks are way better than her that se might overlook how great some of her own creations actually are.

Until another pony preforms the Rainboom, Dash is a God. sadly being a god is not as awesome as being a wonderbolt in her eyes so go figure.

Fluttershy is probably the most timid pony ever, her own shadow has more confidence than she does. 

Pinkie Pie ignores common sense, warning labels, gravity, space-time. She's a walking paradox.

Is it just me or does it seem like the mane 6 have unique special powers? Twilight has powerful magic, Pinkie has her Pinkie sense, Dash has the sonic rainbom and Fluttershy has the stare. We haven't yet seen a special power for AJ and Rarity, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did at some point.

Honestly, I thought that they were special when they had the Elements. Now I don't know. The Elements were like their "badges of office". The girls were some sort of like knights, champions, something like that that fits colorful small horses.

I liked the idea that each one represented a virtue to which the ponies should aspire, specially because they were not perfect: it's easier to follow someone like you rather than a saint. I used to think of them as more important than Luna and Celestia.

Now the Elements are gone and the ONLY reason these ponies are anything is because they are friends with Princess Twilight Sparkle. Applejack is just a farmer who may be just mediocre, Pinkie is a weirdo of a pony, Rainbow is a good flyer who is not even within the elite of equestrian flyers, Fluttershy is the town's veterinarian and Rarity is a local seamstress. Not to mention that Twilight is a pretty mediocre princess that supposedly mastered the knowledge about friendship but can't seem to understand that mindraping is bad.

The problem is that unless there is something that says "these ponies are the shit", we will always wonder if there aren't ponies that are way better than they are in their stuff. Daring Do for example.

About Equestria being a better place, I think that there is no question about it. The Crystal Empire radiating "good vibes" alone should be good evidence that Equestria today is better than it was. And then there is the story told at Hearth's Warming Eve.

So yes, I think that Equestria is better now than it was before. But it's not because of the Mane Six. they may not even be part of it anymore.

Edited by moonlightavenger