Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Dragonshy

Why thank you for coming .

Hehe, Dragonshy said coming.

Anyway, the next season looks pretty good and they chose the old Doctor Who from a Christmas episode to play one of the bad guys. All my win!

• Brohoof 1

Hehe, Dragonshy said coming.

Anyway, the next season looks pretty good and they chose the old Doctor Who from a Christmas episode to play one of the bad guys. All my win!

Oh really? That's cool, I really want to watch Dr. Who. Seems like something I would like.

Oh yeah and, you with your dirty mind :P

Are they going to be making season 3 into 2 parts like season 2? Any one know

Robert Kirkman said that the show is likely to be split into two again as it was in Season 2, though he expects it to probably be an eight-and-eight split since there are gonna be 16 episodes

:wub:

barnacles, at least its better then having like what 9 episodes then come back and only have a 5? or 6? parts after. Just hope they don't decide to make it like season 2 wasting so much time looking for the girl. Just got annoying

I've had mixed feelings on the show, but I really started warming up to it more and more over the course of season 2. Shane had an especially interesting character arch, a descent into psychosis almost, which had a big impact on the group and Rick especially. Episode 10 of season 2 may have been my favorite (despite the action packed finale), as it really played of the dynamic between Rick and Shane and had some more poetic qualities than I'd come to expect from the average episode of the show (that walker Shane sees walking parallel to the road in the fields bookends the episode, thought that was some nice foreshadowing right there). So yeah, it has grown into a really fine program.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Revival!

Gameplay of The Walking Dead came out today...son, I am disappoint. I am not liking the look of this.

Tell me what you think though

I don't know, I think it could be cool. :)

It got great reviews... :lol:

Revial post of awesome! Well how has everyone been since the time gap of the last time we had spoken?

Great show, they took a step in a familiar direction when they decided to make living people automatically infected so when they die they become zombies. This happens in the book Rot and Ruin, where a civilization is built around not killing zombies but simply living with them. A town has a fence around it to prevent zombies from getting into the town, bounty hunters make a living killing specific zombies, and they carry around with them what they call slivers, when a person dies they become a zombie within hours of their death, so to prevent that, people have to use peices of metal called slivers that they use to separate the brain from the spinal cord, keeping them from transforming into zombies. It is a great read, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Brohoof 1

Great show, they took a step in a familiar direction when they decided to make living people automatically infected so when they die they become zombies. This happens in the book Rot and Ruin, where a civilization is built around not killing zombies but simply living with them. A town has a fence around it to prevent zombies from getting into the town, bounty hunters make a living killing specific zombies, and they carry around with them what they call slivers, when a person dies they become a zombie within hours of their death, so to prevent that, people have to use peices of metal called slivers that they use to separate the brain from the spinal cord, keeping them from transforming into zombies. It is a great read, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Who I'm not going to read that post to refrain from spoilers, I want to read that book. x) Have you read the Walking Dead comics?

Who I'm not going to read that post to refrain from spoilers, I want to read that book. x) Have you read the Walking Dead comics?

Psh, have I read the comics... I have the whole first book which is comprised of the first two chapters if I am correct. That is as far as I have read though, and I owned the comic before the show started so I already knew about it.

I used my webcam so the photo is kind of backwards.

post-5757-0-63759400-1344286365_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Revival!

Gameplay of The Walking Dead came out today...son, I am disappoint. I am not liking the look of this.

Tell me what you think though

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RcdoFoDamE

I like ChaoticMonki's walkthrough better, although it's mostly for laughs x)

I haven't watched the series in a while now, I'm thinking of watching it again at some point x)

Edited by Pinkazoid

Haven't watched walking dead ever since it turned into a soap opera.

What?

The show is amazing how can you say it turned into that >__>

Anyways can't wait for season 3! ..Of the walking dead ofc.

@, @,

If you two haven't already seen it, check this video out. It's from PONIES The Anthology II but since I know pinkz is too lazy to watch it -__- ..um check it out anyways.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Posted Image

The Walking Dead happens to be my favorite TV show on right now (Yes, more than MLP) and I figured that there should be a thread for discussing it. My favorite character is Glenn, followed by Shane , Dale, and Darryl. The character development in this show is fantastic and I am on the edge of my seat after every single episode. I first got into The Walking Dead when season one showed up on Netflix and I was instantly hooked. The way that they blend action, horror, and drama in one amazing hour of TV never ceases to amaze me. It definitely is not the typical "let's shoot zombies and shit!" that the zombie genre is plagued with nowadays. Discuss, my walker-slaying brothers (and sisters)!

New episode tonight!

"The Governor presses for information. A new guest arrives at the prison, forcing Rick's hand."
Sneak Peak:
http://www.amctv.com...d-come-knocking

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

How far are you into the show? And ya it is awesome, It's one of those shows where you just cannot wait for the next episode to come out (much like MLP). My favorite character is Darryl, he's so badass! Who wouldn't like the redneck crossbow wielder with a heart of gold?

How far are you into the show? And ya it is awesome, It's one of those shows where you just cannot wait for the next episode to come out (much like MLP). My favorite character is Darryl, he's so badass! Who wouldn't like the redneck crossbow wielder with a heart of gold?

I'm all caught up, waiting for the episode tonight. Darryl is definitely the badass of the group (every zombie slaying crew needs one) and I love how they made him have a heart, unlike Mearl. My favorite is Glenn, I mean how could you not like him?
  • Brohoof 1

The great and strange thing about this show is that it is much better than any zombie movie. It's very realistic, gory, and original for a TV show. This show can also go for a very long time, because their isn't a specific goal besides survival at all costs. I haven't been able to watch all of it but I have the rough details to make out the story so far.

• Brohoof 2

A thread, for the Walking Dead. By far one of my favourite shows ever. Can't wait for the new episode tonight. My favourite character would probably be T-Dog:

Oh why did he have to die

followed by Big Tiny even though he was only there for one episode, he was freaking epic.

• Brohoof 2

MAGGIE YOU DUMB BITCH! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT??????????

This was still a good episode, but it was one of "those" episodes. It was an episode which was purely made to get us super excited for the next one and not offer much in the way of plot or character progression.

I'd say it worked pretty well. I can't wait until next Sunday!