Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4: Sort of disappointing?

Hangman

I've enjoyed all the episodes in season 4 so far. 

In my opinion I think the storytelling, animation ect has been upped quite a bit and I'm pretty excited to see what else this season has to offer :D

season 4 has been good so far but i think most of the best episodes were in season 2.

though it is hard to tell if season 4 is going to be good right now.

but it looks like it may have a lot of potential!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Flight to the Finish

Bats!

Rarity Takes Manehattan

Your argument is invalid.  This season has had three episodes that are the picture of excellence.  The only way you can be disappointed in it is if you have a deep seeded hatred for perfection.

img-2177207-1-mlfw1832-PinkieGonnaHate_C

I would've enjoyed Bats more if they had focused on relationships more. But, that's just me nitpicking. It was still quite enjoyable. :derp:

Also, I thought Princess Twilight was a fantastic episode too. Speaking of which, here's a list of things bronies wanted that we got this season, and this is only so far-

1. Twilights personality in tact from the last 3 seasons.

2. More touching on Scootaloo's inability to fly.

3. Flashbacks of Discord and Nightmare Moon.

4. Rarity's generosity displayed.

5. The Equestria Games.

6. More stallions.

7. More new characters.

8. More focus on the ponies elements.

9. More adventure episodes.

10. More feels and dramatic moments.

There's probably more, but you know. That's all I've got at this moment.

Personally, I've found all the songs so far really enjoyable. Generosity especially. I guess that's up to opinion, but yeah. Also, while Hearts as Strong as Horses may have seemed a little forced, Generosity came in smoothly with humour. So, I didn't see any issues there, especially because that was one of the funniest moments of the episode.

By far these episodes have the best animation but I was kinda expecting a bit more character developement with Twilight, but I suppose I could be jumping the gun? I mean we are only into episode 8... but I was just expecting her to be a little different in regards to responsibilities and understanding every pony's view on situations, kinda like in the episode Bats, she automatically sides with AJ on her debate against the fruit bats, but doesn't even stop to consider Fluttershy's side to it all? A princess needs to hear both sides of a situation... So i thought that was off for her character somewhat but I can understand them not wnating her to be too UP THERE in her royal duties I guess.

Still I am enjoying the season and am hoping for more!

Regarding Twilight not listening to Fluttershy's side, that was done purely to fit the Nightmare before Christmas theme of the song. It wasn't really meant to be analysed thoroughly or anything, it was just to enhance the song. Although her behaviour did seem out of character, it was just for the song and for effectiveness in the episodes context.

Overall, I've enjoyed this season. I really have. And, it is a little early to judge the entire season. The best could be yet to come! :D

Princess Twilight Sparkle was good, Flight to the Finish was AWESOME, and Rarity Takes Manehatten was good. Every thing else was... eh. (I only remember like 4 episodes from season 3 and that's my favorite season. So having 3 good episodes already is pretty good)

Also, apparently there's going to be an episode called "Filli Vanilli".... *shudders*

La-sigh, I am too late, its has begun...

Our fan-base has become a spoiled child. We have too many "toys" and none of them are good enough anymore.

Season 4 is being called the Fans Season, why, because all we see are call outs and throw backs to things WE THE FANS have ranted/drawn art/and made videos about FOR GOING ON 5 YEARS!

What-do-you-ponies-WANT?! Everything this season has been done for YOU, not for anyone else. Yes the story was put in place in the opening episodes. And since then the writers have done nothing but give and give and GIVE.

Please, just, stop. Stop before you find yourself so butt-hurt you quit the fandom and ruin the friendships you have built over something so petty as a argument over "gee sure a lot of movie references in that last episode" or "why don't they have any keys yet, they made a HUGE deal about that chest and now we are X amount of episodes in and blah blah blah"

I can not tell you to love this show anymore, hell, I can not even tell you to ENJOY it. But considering the fact YOU are the people who BUILT this fanbase, and now your bored with it and lashing out because of it, is NOT our problem for those that are beyond excited to see the character growth of the girls. Oh ya..I went there, I said it, Season 4 has character-growth, deal with it.

Season 1 was like your first kiss, your never going to forget it. Season 2 that first time you bought your own car, the power of ownership. Season 3 was kinda like a promotion at work, great but short in its benefits, but still a step in the right direction. Season 4 is just, every day life. Any series that makes it past the 3 season mark HAS to have a leveled field, a time for building, a time for growth. Will and Grace (an older series, good stuff) was very similar to this. House, was similar to this. And my deepst hopes with season 5 of sailor moon coming out (finally) this year will be similar to this.

No, seeing Pinkie act like...Pinkie for the 100th time isn't going to be like that first time she gasped and ran from twilight. Get-over-it. Or frankly, and I really don't mean to be a jerk here, but you should move on.

New fans are coming in daily to this fandom, THE LAST THING THEY NEED, is the old vets bitching and moaning about how "back in season 2 it was so much better" when all these fans know is episodes like "Bats" or got connected to the handi-capable character Scootalo. Calm your fing ponies and think about someone else other then yourselves.

I am not telling you to love this show.

I am not telling you to agree with the writing choices.

And I sure as hell am NOT telling you what to do with your time.

WHAT I AM, telling you, is that you shoulder consider others before you consider yourself.

Respect, really needs an element of harmony.

• Brohoof 3

I respect your views...but so far we have only seen eight episodes of this season. Eight. I don't get why everyone is already making complaints about it...I say wait until the season blows over and THEN make reviews. xD

Season 4 is my least favorite season so far. The episodes just seem... lacking, to me; but I'm really not so sure how to explain it. I feel like quite a few of the episodes were rushed, and the ones that weren't just seem to pale in comparison to those in season 1 and 2. Still, I did love Rarity Takes Manehatten, and I'm sure there will be plenty of other great episodes later in the season.

However, I'm starting to lose some interest in MLP, so that might be contributing to this.

• Brohoof 1

Season 4 is my least favorite season so far. The episodes just seem... lacking, to me; but I'm really not so sure how to explain it. I feel like quite a few of the episodes were rushed, and the ones that weren't just seem to pale in comparison to those in season 1 and 2. Still, I did love Rarity Takes Manehatten, and I'm sure there will be plenty of other great episodes later in the season.

However, I'm starting to lose some interest in MLP, so that might be contributing to this.

I think that rushed is the perfect word for it. It's like they have a great idea for an episode... Then they made the show from the rough draft and called it a day. I was grossly disappointed with Daring Don't. I was pretty stoked for the episode to come out, but when it did, I thought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q937DG6oumY

Another thing I have to be a neighsayer on... Is the song in Rarity Takes Manehatten was horrible. It wasn't catchy. It wasn't fun. It seems like it wasn't even written by Daniel Ingram. 

To make things clear, I don't hate season 4. I just think that it seems a bit lacking. Or as SparklingSwils said, it seems rushed. I am just as happy as everypony else that there is a new season. It just really needs to be 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 1

Think allot of ponies head high expeditions for season 4. And think too early judge a hole season honestly with only episode 8 realest. I don't know why you can't just with on-till hole season is over on-till judge the hole thing. Like i also head my thought abut the season. With first episode out like was alright. But think is really picking up after episode 8. Well that my opinion anyhow. And what am saying should give this season some more time sink in before you judge it. Like how many episodes where going get in total again? It was like 20 our 24 something like that. Like there allot of chances for some good episodes there i feel.

Equestria Girls was surprisingly good.

What the flying feather?

Am I seriously like the last Brony alive that thinks that that movie was trash and defied much of what the show was originally intended to stand for?  Have all of my brothers and sisters actually just abandoned the fan-base, leaving me for dead?  I believe so much in having an open mind, but that does not mean that I'll blindly accept something to be good or quality just because there's nothing I can do to change it.

This is how Neo-Bronies act about EQG and Twilicorn:

It's almost like they're living a lie.  That being said, I still invest much hope in the show that it will be good again.  I can't give an honest opinion about S4 because, well, I haven't watched any of it yet!  That's right.  Hasbro has *feathered* up the show so much that I, (a dedicated Brony of two years) have been too paranoid to give season 4 a shot.  I plan on watching it soon, however, and I hope that It does not crush what I have been zealous about for the past few years.  Seeing posts like this doesn't help though!..  : (  I will watch an episode or few tonight.  I HOPE that they aren't shit.  I'll even be happy if it lives up to S3...  Well..  Here we go!..

I can already see the fan-base starting to tear-itself apart.  Please.  Let's stay united!

Edited by John

Look at least we know this season will be 26 eps and such

and not the crummy 13 of the last season but some fans are not

digging the Alicorn Twilight (personally shes still the same in a lot

of us but we all have to grow up)  Some might be finding the more

Slice of life setting with the Mane six a bit boring (i like it,  gives more

and better understanding of our Ponies)  Or it could be

the over done singing songs (yahh that one i'm a bit touchy on

but a lot of the songs are good)  And at least we are seeing something

more of the History of Nightmare Moon and getting more Luna and

such and also now seeing Tia has feelings!   So its a hit of loving or a missing

or hating it.

In one way I'm very glad that the writers are aiming bigger and having more ADVENTURES (how Faust originally wanted the series) and getting them out of Ponyville more often. It's very nice to have upcoming new cannon like Celestia's castle, The Elements of Harmony lock  box, and the Equestria Games be revolving storylines.

The downside to this is that the character development, the emotional lessons of each issue, and the minute by minute episode writing are still falling a bit short of seasons 1+2. I feel it's clearly better then season 3 because its trying harder but I hope we get to see more episodes like Rarity Takes Manehattan where there's more interaction between characters, emotions, AND still getting outside of Ponyville and seeing more of Equestria. It would also help if the music was a bit on par with pervious seasons. Bats and Generosity were ...ok.

We 've got a long season ahead and if people continue to feel indifferent we'll lose more people like we did all summer but I hope people still relaize its a very cool show and fandom and opt to support it.

Before i begin, I think alot bronies say equistra girls was okay because going in most of us from what we saw and what were told had the bar set pretty low.

I think you mis understand  (ha mis understand, sounds like a character).

In season 4 their some episodes i like, and some I don't like.

I've even hated an episode (Oh no).

is this normal?  Yeah.  Is this season different?  Yeah.  is it a game breaker?  Nah.

Enjoying S4 overall so far more than I have in a while, with a much higher ratio of having enjoyed almost every episode so far, whereas even in past seasons, there's been higher levels of 'eh' episodes. Only been one of those so far for me, in 6 or so published episodes of the season. Maybe that strong start will decline, but my guess is, it won't, not for me and those others who are enjoying the liberties and increase of action and jokes aimed towards the older audience on top of the core audience of kids.

Hipster bronies will be hipsters who cling to the previous seasons as pure gold in comparison to anything made post-Faust, I guess. Opinions make the drama llama train go round.

• Brohoof 2

Isn't it just that bronies keep raising their expectations? Season 1 was so popular because everyone expected it to be 1% of how good it turned out. Now, we're expecting 1000%.

I like season 4 the most so far. I was very surprised when I noticed that people are "disappointed", so I'll share my life's motto: "Expect nothing, and you'll never be disappointed."

Season 4 is off to a fantastic start, better then Season 2, 3, and even 1. Currently this is my second favorite season, and is currently closely, very closely competing with Season 2. Just look at Rarity Takes Manehatten, Bats!, and Flight to the Finish! 

Well, it indeed lost a bit of its charm; no more stories in ponyville, different background characters, disappointing references, lack of logic, etc. They also seem to force the characters most of the time, mostly Pinkie Pie.

The first two seasons were indeed the best, but it's still good. And we are only at episode 8 out of 26 anyway, so let's see. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, 8 episodes in and there's only like 2 episodes that I'm like "Man I need to see that again," most the episodes are just kinda meh. I think some of the episodes would benefit from less characters instead of forcing in all the mane 6 just have like 3 of them coming a long. Also the pandering is painful and Pinkies getting really annoying...

• Brohoof 1

I'm still enjoying myself in season 4, defiently loved the recent episode 9, but I am getting anxious to see about the Equestrian games, whats going on with that chest and maybe new villians? I hope so at least lol, Im still enjoying myself!