Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was thinking about something today...

Aerial~Shot

A lot of bronies have been discussing the constant cliff-hanger endings we've been getting in the new season, and whether or not they'll come back in later episodes or how relevant they are to the story. The box in the Tree of Harmony, the Pony of Shadows, the disappearing comic book, the Flutterbat fang, and now the threads (maybe?).

I remembered earlier today that Meghan McCarthy (I think it was Meghan...) had tweeted that season 4 would have a full-season-long story arc. So far, it seems that only the first 3 episodes really connect at all (the opening of Power Ponies sort of does but the episode as a whole doesn't really).

But what if all these cliff-hangers are gonna turn out to be connected to the search for the keys? We're 8 episodes into the season and this is the only thing I can see that suggests a story arc.

Anyone agree? Disagree? How could it work?

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking the same thing too. The cliffhangers could probably lead to something important later on in the season, the threads could be a sign of the keys to the mysterious box. There are many questions yet to be answered.

• Brohoof 1

Anything is possible but we know from the writer that the Pony of Shadows was just a gag and has no meaning. As for the other stuff time will tell.

Oh? I hadn't heard that about the Pony of Shadows.  :huh: Good to know.

I'm beginning to think (more likely over think) that; in the term "box/keys" that we are thing too general. We see a box with normal key holes, we search for normal keys

I think we've seen the keys already in each of these cliff hang episodes.

Pony of shadow = Pinky Pie(possibly)...(or not)

Flutter fang = Fluttershy

Rainbow Thread = Rarity

Spikes comic was to throw us off (only guessing) and Daring Don't and Flight to the Finish didn't have one.

Well that's my head canon till I'm proved wrong

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

I'm beginning to think (more likely over think) that; in the term "box/keys" that we are thing too general. We see a box with normal key holes, we search for normal keys

I think we've seen the keys already in each of these cliff hang episodes.

Pony of shadow = Pinky Pie(possibly)...(or not)

Flutter fang = Fluttershy

Rainbow Thread = Rarity

Spikes comic was to throw us off (only guessing) and Daring Don't and Flight to the Finish didn't have one.

Well that's my head canon till I'm proved wrong

That does make a lot of sense to me. The only question is what are the key holes for? I guess they could just be a clue/symbolic

Perhaps they could. I mean, they made all of these different elements in just eight episodes. I wouldn't expect them to just forget about them. It may be a cartoon, but all of these elements must mean something in the grand scheme of things. If not, they shouldn't have made them cliffhangers in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

Nah I doubt that the pony of shadows, fluttershy's fang or the rainbow thread will have anything to do with the big story or ending of the season. I would guess they're just things added to make it all more interesting.

However the box with the keyholes will definitely be seen again further in to the season. Hopefully it's like them finding each key in different episodes and not all keys in one episode.

I would be shocked if the rainbow thread didn't have anything to do with the keys.  My guess is that each pony is going to have an episode where their element is going to really be challenged or tested.  And it makes sense given given what we know of at least two future episodes:

(spoilers for anyone who wants to avoid future episode descriptions)

Rainbow Falls- "As the Ponyville Relay Team prepares to compete at the upcoming Equestria Games trials, Rainbow Dash is excited to go with them until she receives an offer to join the ultra-competitive, and more prestigious, Cloudsdale Team."

Pinkie Pride- "Pinkie Pie must defend her status as a party pony when a mysterious visitor comes to town and plans a party for Rainbow Dash."

That definitely sounds like Pinkie and Dash's elements will be put to the test, much like Rarity's was today. 

And I'll bet you that there's going to be something at the end of each of these episodes much like the spool of rainbow thread in RTM, and they're going to have something to do with that strange box from episode 2. 

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 1

I would be shocked if the rainbow thread didn't have anything to do with the keys.  My guess is that each pony is going to have an episode where their element is going to really be challenged or tested.  And it makes sense given given what we know of at least two future episodes:

(spoilers for anyone who wants to avoid future episode descriptions)

Rainbow Falls- "As the Ponyville Relay Team prepares to compete at the upcoming Equestria Games trials, Rainbow Dash is excited to go with them until she receives an offer to join the ultra-competitive, and more prestigious, Cloudsdale Team."

Pinkie Pride- "Pinkie Pie must defend her status as a party pony when a mysterious visitor comes to town and plans a party for Rainbow Dash."

That definitely sounds like Pinkie and Dash's elements will be put to the test, much like Rarity's was today. 

And I'll bet you that there's going to be something at the end of each of these episodes much like the spool of rainbow thread in RTM, and they're going to have something to do with that strange box from episode 2. 

I like this. I really like this. Challenging the Elements of Harmony. Definitely connects with the fact that the box comes from the same place as the Elements.

I actually never thought of that! Thats an interesting and very possible theory though! Maybe all of the cliff hangers will eventually be revisited and be tied to the keys in some way or something!

I like it, i hope that the cliff hangers are revisited atleast at somepoint kinda, Regardless.