Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cancelling My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Gravelord Neat-O

I love seeing these reactions. There's the people going, "O MY GEE I'D GO CRY AND DIE AND SLEEP AND DIE AND CRY" and then there's the sensical (That's not even a word) people going, "Well there's a lot of fan material to keep us going and it would be good to cancel the show before it got stale." I personally fall under the latter I think. I wouldn't be too upset about it, as it's not really a show I go crazy for, like Doctor Who or Legend of Korra. I'd be alright I think.

I would be sad but then move on i mean I love the show but its highly possible i mean there's like 60+ episodes.but I'm sure they'll make something even better than mlp

I think it would go on for a little while after and then slowly lose members until only the most die hard fans would stick around. 

OH COLT!!! The name of this topic startled me to death! I think you might want to change it.

Anywho, it would probably be like when I found out that Firefly was only one season long, and then I watched Serenity. I can't believe what they did! I will not say anything else.

I'm a leaf on the wind...

• Brohoof 1

Just get the community to ban together and buy the rights to the show, then it'll never end!  :comeatus:

In all seriousness, it would undoubtedly suck but we have enough talented people and a huge fan base to keep the idea going. As someone mentioned earlier, it would be similar to the Star Trek fandom and how it thrived even after the show was canceled.  

• Brohoof 1

Well, of course I would be sad. It would take some time, but once I got over it, I'd be fine. The fandom would still go strong for at least a little while. Also, the motivation to make more fan content would probably be on the rise, which would be awesome.

If the show reaches it's end, without a cliffhanger or too many plot holes then I would be happy, but if MLP-FiM was cancelled at random, then I would be surly, finally I would be sullen. The creators and writers may or may not let us hanging, they have proven to us that they can keep the story arc contained, fan fiction and fan videos also contribute to our fandom, perhaps by some quirk the show can keep going, fan animators like Jan Animations has given us Button Mash, so there is quite a lot of potential from creative bronies. I express confidence that Hasbro would not spontaneously cancel the show, if the time comes and the show has run in natural course, then we must let it go, shows like the Simpsons, Sponge Bob Squarepants, Scooby Doo, and Fairly Odd Parents, time and again show us what happens when a TV show goes on for too long, it becomes boring, insipid, clichéd or just weird, Sonic the Hedgehog may have ended on a cliffhanger, but it was a splendid show, and it still is a absolute joy to watch.    

• Brohoof 1

I'd be pretty upset for a little while, but then our fanbase is kinda known for expanding on the show and we have a lot of our own fan series and stories out there so I guess we'd get by pretty easily. If the show was cancelled, the fandom would last a long time after. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're confirmed for at least one more season.

Oh I'd go crazy. No really. I'd go bananas- but luckily we have a LOT of fan material and that never seems to end...

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE AFTER TIME?!?!?!?!?

... Excuse me.

I doubt it would happen for a long time... I mean it's only really just starting out, and its still got a hell of a lot of kick left in it.

But when it does eventually happen I'm confident it will still live on in fan creations and stuff. And reruns :D

Don't forget just how talented and amazing a fanbase we're a part of here!

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

1. Await the Next Generation of Ponies, probably 3danimation like pixar or something.

Hopefully, the 3D models' faces would be G4-accurate. Such as these:

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/199/8/0/wip_mlp_3d_twilight_03_by_warepwn3-d3zuk8q.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/184/8/8/wip_mlp_twilight_02_by_warepwn3-d3ktuiy.png

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

I'd be more disappointed than upset, I guess.

I'd be more upset if the fandom died, but even if the show was cancelled, I doubt it would. Some people are too invested in it, I think~