Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cancelling My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Gravelord Neat-O

I wouldn't do anything. There are plenty of fanfics, art, and music. So, even though the show is cancelled, there is always fan contributions that can help keep mlp alive. :)

• Brohoof 7

It would be like star trek, and then somepony would make a Star Trek movie with Ponies in it. (If that hasn't already been done?)

It would be sad for sure, but nothing lasts forever. That's why we should enjoy season 4 and 5 because we don't know if there will be a 6 or 7. I feel like Hasbro and the rest of the MLP:FIM writing team are running out of ideas for episodes. I mean, the episodes are still good, but it will probably be like spongebob, a show that is on for around a decade but then it becomes stale because the episodes start to feel repetitive. That's why I feel it is good to constantly hire new writers for the show. New writers = New ideas (usually)

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 2

After 5 seasons? I wouldn't really bat an eye. 5 seasons is more than enough to justify reruns for probably 2-3 years to come. Not to mention we have plenty of content at this point with the comics and such as well. I would rather they end it while it's still good than try to keep it going when they have obviously run out of ideas.

It doesn't seem like it's possible. Such a popular franchise: you have a cartoon series, toys, comic books, marketable figures for cereal boxes/tubes of toothpaste, etc. So, I'd start to wonder how the hell Hasbro started losing money off the franchise; that's my reaction.

• Brohoof 3

i guess a lot of people would still be optimistic if the show got cancelled :l well there's always the other episodes, the fanmade stories, OCs, and a lot of other things that would help remember MLP for what it is, i guess it wouldn't be so bad....... but then i'll never find out what the Cutie Mark Crusader's cutie mark will be T_T

If it ended after season 5, it wouldn't be a total loss. Sad yes, but we'd have over 100 episodes to enjoy for many more years and the fandom would continue with lots of new material. It'd also be good for the show to end before the writers completely ran out of ideas (which has happened to many long-running cartoons).

Edited by Rainboom Dash

OH COLT!!! The name of this topic startled me to death! I think you might want to change it.

Anywho, it would probably be like when I found out that Firefly was only one season long, and then I watched Serenity. I can't believe what they did! I will not say anything else.

I'd be upset for all of 2 minutes, then get over it and move on with my life. There's enough fan content to keep it going at this point and I have other things than just MLP to keep me busy in my life.

I want it to end well, and not nose dive like most series do.  Although, the fact that it's still going really really stong in it's 4th season is rare for childrens cartoons, but most series out there.  I hope the staff is not pressured to hard by hasbro to keep it on life support.  It really is something special. 

Why does everyone talk about the show like this? Like it's doing terribly and is gonna collapse at any moment? The show keeps getting confirmed for new seasons earlier and earlier, it isn't gonna suddenly die.

If it did, oh well I suppose. I don't do too much involving it besides the forums, and really they could exist on their own at this point.

• Brohoof 3

I highly doubt Hasbro would do such a thing. Maybe if the board members all had a collective aneurism they would. If it was cancelled, we'd at least have each other.

Don't be so sure. Remember, making episodes costs money and if they determined that syndication was a way to keep profiting without making new episodes, they could easily do that too. Right now the show is more or less being kept going so they can advertise new toys. I mean think about it: crystal ponies, Alicorn Twilight, new CMC member, etc. It's all a big toy commercial remember.

As long as there is fanart and fanfics, the characters at least will live on. I'd already planned on continuing to read fanfics if the show ever dies or goes to irredeemable crap, so yeah.

Edited by Sir Wulfington