AquaFlash

3 users have voted

1. 1. What should our third game be?

• Actraiser
    • Command & Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath
    • JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future
    • Mega Man
    • Treasure Planet

Welcome to the gaming club! Here we play through a new game every month (This time limit will be extended if the game is long.) Everypony is welcome to join in and participate. Don't worry about your skill level, we'll all be willing to lend you a helping hand.

Now without further ado let's get to the reason that you're all (probably) here for, the games! :wub:

Here are the games for our first poll! If you suggested multiple games in the last topic I took the first one you listed first. I hope you don't mind. Since I haven't played all of the games, there might be something that I should have included in my little sales pitch but didn't. If that is the case please tell me and I'll add it in ASAP.

Actraiser (SNES, Wii, PC)

An interesting blend of action and city building that was never seen before, or since. You take on the role of a god trying to restore a world overrun by demonic forces. The gameplay is split up into 2 types. The first is a side scrolling action platformer with tight controls and a nice challenge. The second is a city building sim akin to Sim City.

Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (PC, Xbox 360)

This expansion pack to the long running RTS franchise sees you take control of LEGION, an artificial intelligance created by Kane.  Learn more about Kane, why and how events from C&Q 3 came to be, and see what happened after the end of the original game.

JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox, PC)

Are you ready to leave your mark on Tokyo-to? In this game you are a member of the GGs a graffiti gang vying for control of various disticts in the city with other rival gangs. Head into rival gang territory and cover up their marks with your own, just make sure you

don't get caught by the police.

Mega Man (NES, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Wii, PS3, Wii U, PSP, 3DS, PC)

The start of an iconic video game franchise. The first great action platformer to a lot of people. You take control of Mega Man a robot created by Doctor Light for household chores along with his sister Roll. After his 6 brothers go crazy and start attacking people DR. Light upgrades Mega Man with combat abilities and sends him on a quest to stop his brothers. Well known for its non linear gameplay, the game allows you to take on any of your 6 brothers in any order you wish. Tight controls and a high difficulty make this a great example of NES gaming.

Treasure Planet (Playstation, PS2, PC)

Relive the Disney movie as you take control of Jim Hawkins, a young biy thirsting for adventure who ends up on an expedition to find, you guessed it, Treasure Planet. The gameplay is divided up into two sections. The first is a 3D platformer, and the second is levels where you ride on the solar surfer. The solar surfer levels are levels where you ride on the solar surfer completing various objectives, collect enough gold dubloons, fly through rings, race against the clock, etc. This game somehow managed to escape the movie liscensed game trap, and is actually a good game.

Edited by AquaFlash

(edited)

The poll has ended in a tie. I flipped a coin to determine which game we would play first and the winner was Super Metroid! As it also had the same amount of votes, Majora's Mask will be the second game we play. I have also remade the poll to determine what the third game we play will be.

Here is a little something to get you fired up (pun intended)

Feel free to start you playthrough of the game this very second if that is your wish. I'll be starting my playthrough this weekend, and I can't wait to start discussing the game with you all.

Edited by AquaFlash