Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imagine this happening...

equerio

Imagine this:

Every time you go to sleep, you get to wake up in Equestria. The day in Equestria begins at night, when you go to sleep. Then, as you wake up IRL, you go to sleep in Equestria. Every time you go to sleep IRL, the "plot" continues where it left off, by you waking up in Equestria the next day. You get the point how this would work, right?

I know, there are A LOT of topics like this, you say, right?

BUT, there is one thing.

You'll have to give up on one bad habit. For good. And by bad habit, I don't mean something like "meh, I won't be using that much dishwasher while doing the dishes". No. I mean, a REALLY bad habit. Something you consider to be a "dark spot" of your life. And if you do it again (once is enough), you'll be banned from Equestria forever.

So how do you think this would work? Would you give up your bad habit? And, if you would, what would that habit be (not neccesarily, I respect it, if you want it to be kept in privacy)?

Edited by equerio
  • Brohoof 11

Nah, I like my life here on earth. Having two would be way too confusing for me to keep track of, I'd always mix them up! So I'll stick to my human life and keep my vice!  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I would love this to happen!

Two lives would be great! I'm getting a little bored of the one I own now.

The bad habit I'd give up would be the way I forget stuff so easily, (doesn't sound like a habit but it is) my parents always tell me to do something, I'll forget by the time I get upstairs.

• Brohoof 2

Hehe.. I'm not sure if you did that on purpose, but there's a R34 game reference in your post.

Anyway, back on topic. I think it's a great idea and maybe one day in the future, we'll be able to turn that into a reality.

• Brohoof 2

@SharpWit

ahahahahahahaha, you made me laugh really hard :lol:

@Azura

Yeah, I could probably see what you're hinting to, but no, it wasn't on purpose. I never even got the guts to read/watch mlp r34 :lol:

If that happened, what would happen? Would you just disappear from one world and appear in another and the next day appear in the world you disappeared and disappear in the world you appeared? Mind-blown  :o

• Brohoof 1

Awesome! Hmm...bad habit

Really hard for a guy, who is normally friendly and helpful...but I think, I would give up my bad luck XD

Okay, seriously...uhm...I don't smoke....never drunk alcohol....never done any **** so the cops have to catch me...I think I would give up, to eat too much...I really like eating....but for this, I would give up I think...or trying to stop get angry by little jokes...yeah, probably I will give up this. Equestria, here I come this night! :D

• Brohoof 1

So it would be like Awake, only not depressing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awake_(TV_series)

But anyway, from reading this thread it's clear you guys don't know how to have a proper existential crisis. It's simple: from your perspective it is impossible to tell which is the dream world and which is the real world. If you ask anybody (or pony)  on either side what you were doing while you were away they'd just tell you that you had been sleeping the whole time.

There is no "what happens to my body" because it's just simply not possible to know what's real and what's not.

• Brohoof 2

Well, yes, because day and night are reversed IRL and in Equestria.

Night owl IRL, night owl in Equestria :lol:

Would it be worth it to spend just the night there? Unless you're in a major city, there wouldn't be very many people to talk to.

• Brohoof 1

@Andaasonsan

There would be no existential crisis, because both worlds would be real. There would be no dream. And I'm pretty sure you can recognise humans from ponies :lol:

I haven't watched the series, BTW

@OmniaVincitEquorum

Well, I'm pretty sure you won't be doing night shift for your entire life, right? :)

@Zhortac

Why would you do that? :lol:

@Andaasonsan

There would be no existential crisis, because both worlds would be real. There would be no dream. And I'm pretty sure you can recognise humans from ponies :lol:

See that's the beauty of it: there's no way to know for certain that one or both or none of the worlds are dreams. OOOooooOOOOoooOOOOooooo

To paraphrase Lao Tzu: Am I a human dreaming of being a pony, or a pony dreaming of being a human?

• Brohoof 2

@Andaasonsan

WELL DAMN IT :lol:

Just let's say you know that your life is real, 'cause you've been living it for a while now, at it's the most realistic thing you ever experienced, and you know Equestria is real because you know these rules.

AND YOU HAVE A STICKY NOTE IN YOUR ROOMS SAYING THIS IS REAL, AND THE OTHER WORLD IS REAL.

That would do the trick :lol:

• Brohoof 1

@OmniaVincitEquorum

There is no written contact.

You would get some kind of a vision of Equestria, and you would telepatically (I'm not sure if I spellep that correctly) get all the rules.