Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

should FIM be made into a stage musical?

Rarity Paige Belle

Well it be a cool idea since Fim has a lot of songs.

I agree, it would be amazing if they made a musical after they finish season 4.  I would definitely listen to all the songs no matter how long it is.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a sucker for a good musical (Wicked is kicks ass, btw), so a solid MLP stage production would be right up my alley.

But.

It would have to be done right. They have done an on stage MLP "thing" before and the results were...well...kinda nightmarish. And not the good, metal, kinda nightmarish...

• Brohoof 3

Well, I was thinking about the SAME thing yesterday! Really! :yay:

Yes, it SHOULD be made into a musical. Since I've played in 2 musicals, I must say that all songs in the show are very musical-istic (I don't know if there is such a word :lol: ).

I'm a sucker for a good musical (Wicked is kicks ass, btw), so a solid MLP stage production would be right up my alley.

But.

It would have to be done right. They have done an on stage MLP "thing" before and the results were...well...kinda nightmarish. And not the good, metal, kinda nightmarish...

^ This

I do however think it could work if the actors maybe played the characters as humans like in Equastia Girls.

It wouldn't be ponies which some may not like the sound of, but then humans are humans so it'd be easier and as long as the characters were still there and the writing and song's and so on were all good

I don't think it would be a terribly good idea. They already tried a stage show with people in pony costumes and it was...something. If they couldn't use pony costumes they would have to use actual people, which would immediately have people relating it to Equestria Girls and ignoring it on that merit alone no matter the quality.  

But.

AAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHHGH O-O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc9W2LrFPZM

Okay- In order for a musical to be done- and for everyone to like it, it would have to relate in term to "the lion king" musical. They don't use wierd animal suits or anything like that- just masks and some paint. That with a moralistic plot- and a good storyline would make a good musical

• Brohoof 3

Yes. Just yes. All of my yes. Take more of my yes please. Musicals + MLP. Yes. This yes. More time available than the s3 finale though, because that was rushed.

Edited by Brosparkles

G3 mlp was made into a musical, with mixed reviews. 

A musical production would be within the realm of possibility. Given the success of the show with kids and adults, whole families would go to see it, raking in a good turnout. Doubtful it could be done using fursuits or quad suits. Best to go with humanized ponies. 

Maybe even the shows songs performed live, possibly with Daniel Ingram at the helm?

I know I would go. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

No. It shouldn't. What purpose would it serve? Why would it be necessary? What would Friendship Is Magic communicate as a theatrical production that it wouldn't be capable of communicating in just a regular episode? The idea seems excessive and self-indulgent. PASS.

First I didn't like the idea... But then I thought... You know... If don't right with some decent costumes and no creepy rainbow skin then it could look like MLP... I mean there are loads of really talented cosplayers out there who make themselves recognisable as the ponies without looking too much like the EG characters... So yeah... It could happen

But I wouldn't go to see it...

• Brohoof 1

Like others have said ,if its done right.I mean ,look what happened to the Live MLP - not so good..*barfs*.And even if they tried by doing an EQ-ish sorta thing ,they'd prolly mess it up like the Cafeteria Song LA video.HOWEVER A normal MLP episode but made into a musical...that gets a yes from me.

Thats just me though :muffins: