Are There Police In The MLP: FiM Universe

Moost

Eh.

I think it's just the Royal Guard; can't be too sure, though.

They might touch up on it later on, but for now, I'll just stick with thinking it's the big RG, dawg.

Word, holmes.

Fight the power.

62964_safe_rarity_source-needed_artist-n

• Brohoof 3

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

Yeah, I've seen them. There were cops in Pinkie Pride during Cheese's first song when they were in a lineup. They also had a medic pony in Rainbow Falls and Dinky's costume in Luna Eclipsed shows there's firefighters as well. There seems to be all three but they dot show them ever. I disapprove!

Edited by FMStorm

62G8mVr.gif
Sig by the one and only Doc Volt! Gone but not forgotten! Guess who's back!!! Luna damn it!
Your PMs are not safe! Trust no one!

Considering that the whole entirety of Equestria seems to be run on a feudal system (Royalty/princess) I think the guards are basically the police since they enforce the law.

At least by Canterlot standards. Any other places like Appelosa would be self governed and possibly has mercenaries or a town like Manehattan would probably have it's own system.

• Brohoof 2

Well there was that one rent-a-cop pony at the hospital XD

You mean that one from the episode where Rainbow Dash is incapacitated and needs to stay in the hospital for a few days and finds out she actually likes books?

• Brohoof 1

hJsPVKF.jpg

A huge thank you to my great friend AppleGearRising for this signature picture

yay.png

Thank you Apple, I love it so much!

smile.png

Normally I would just post the picture, but as it seems, it is too big to put in the signature here, so here is the link to my MLP personality test results:

http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=OTU0Mnw5NDMzMzA (I am mostly like Fluttershy, in case you couldn't already guess.)

As we can see from the series and the situations the characters get into that ponies seem to solve problems by themselves. But there are some cases where a police force should be needed. For example  when Trixie overtook Ponyville in "Magic Duel". Who stood up and tried to stop her? But still I think this is an interesting topic.

I think the police in their universe are the Royal Guards, they protect the princesses and enforce the law while in the self-governed parts of Equestria they have no Royal Guards present.

I don't really see them patrolling Ponyville, but I have seen a few in Canterlot which could sum up my previous post on the topic.

I might base a fanic on the matter of Police enforcement.

Oh no, I didn't mean patrolling. I meant they are only present in Canterlot.

Yeah, but who's patrolling Ponyville? Maybe they do have a Police force but we don't see them. I can see Appleoosa having lawstallions (equivalent of lawmen).

It's just that Ponyville is such a small and vulnerable town with now protection such as law enforcers (I love saying that) when there are guards in Canterlot. It's like the guards that protect the Queen of England. 

I might base a fanic on the matter of Police enforcement.

Yeah, but who's patrolling Ponyville? Maybe they do have a Police force but we don't see them. I can see Appleoosa having lawstallions (equivalent of lawmen).

It's just that Ponyville is such a small and vulnerable town with now protection such as law enforcers (I love saying that) when there are guards in Canterlot. It's like the guards that protect the Queen of England. 

Ponyville to me doesn't need a police force, they have the Mane 6 to protect them that is unless they are taken out of the picture entirely. Appleloosa has a sheriff, something like that. I see what you're getting at though.

• Brohoof 1

Ponyville to me doesn't need a police force, they have the Mane 6 to protect them that is unless they are taken out of the picture entirely. Appleloosa has a sheriff, something like that. I see what you're getting at though.

Yeah. But what if the mane 6 weren't present or there were like "gang wars" (I know it's ridiculous but think about it). I think they might need at least some back up. And they were kind of helpless when Trixie terrorized the place, which resulted in an unspeakable solution which made completely no sense.

Maybe a few coppas will do the job, not an entire S.W.A.T team or military.

Yeah. But what if the mane 6 weren't present or there were like "gang wars" (I know it's ridiculous but think about it). I think they might need at least some back up. And they were kind of helpless when Trixie terrorized the place, which resulted in an unspeakable solution which made completely no sense.

Maybe a few coppas will do the job, not an entire S.W.A.T team or military.

They do need backup you're right, but there are some reasons not explained unless you ask the writers why. Gang wars, very unlikely. All I know is, this is a fictional universe we're talking about.

They do need backup you're right, but there are some reasons not explained unless you ask the writers why. Gang wars, very unlikely. All I know is, this is a fictional universe we're talking about.

Right, better not get too realistic eh.

Well, it's okay to speculate or analyze the show but thinking realistically is sometimes a bad thing. Not saying it's bad for everyone.

I know, I get carried away with realism. It's a cartoon innit.