Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What stuff do you use for gaming?

Fire Bomb

ah 13.12? they suck under Windows?

Heh, Best Release under Linux for me tbh.

Though my current kernel doesn't do me justice.

Yeah, I often thought about making the switch to Linux but I only know basic things from managing Linux-based virtual private servers and I'm too unmotivated to learn anything more sophisticated.

The 13.12 drivers certainly suck for me anyway. It's true that AMD update their drivers more but the reason for that is to try and make it look like they're handling the wealth of problems that people get from using their software - NVIDIA don't update as often because they don't need to. Only good thing I can say about the 79xx series of cards is that they OC well and are relatively cool (mine rarely goes above 55 on full load according to MSI Kombustor).

Edited by ponypowa96

@@CMQuickfireTK

I have a question for the Linux Master.

Is possible to break Linux to make a normal user an Admin one without entering on the original one? :o

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

PC, Laptop, iPad, iPhone, PSVita, 3DS, Retron, Atari... are we sticking to hardware that plays, or peripherals too? :P

the thread was originally only peripherals, but then people started saying hardware stuff and I was just "alright, go ahead."

Edited by Fire Bomb

Self built PC :3 MSI Gaming R9 290X, FX-9370 and GA-990FX-UD5

I use a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Deathadder for my peripherals and Razer Electra's for headphones. My mic is a Samson CO1U.

I hope the OS is actually good.

not windoze 8/8.1

I hope the OS is actually good.

not windoze 8/8.1

Windows 8.1 and Elementary OS dual boot ;) I need Windows for gaming.

Windows 8.1 is an awesome OS after you set up UEFI booting, it starts in about 8 seconds.

Edited by Amaranternal

Windows 8.1 and Elementary OS dual boot ;)I need Windows for gaming.

Windows 8.1 is an awesome OS after you set up UEFI booting, it starts in about 8 seconds.

I see, good thing I only like linux-friendly games then.

and that's the only good thing about it, fast boot.

• Brohoof 1

I see, good thing I only like linux-friendly games then.

and that's the only good thing about it, fast boot.

I have way too many windows only games that I play regularly. ):

I'm tempted to try a triple boot setup with SteamOS although I hear that it's pretty bad.

I have way too many windows only games that I play regularly. ):

I'm tempted to try a triple boot setup with SteamOS although I hear that it's pretty bad.

It's aimed for HTPCs, and yes actually it is. but ONLY because it's still in beta, once they get the bugs worked out it should be one hell of an HTPC platform.

Dang, Glad I got rid of my free copy of BF4 then.

Edited by CMQuickfireTK
  • Brohoof 1

Macbook Pro : Non Retina Mid 2012. Core i5 2.5 GHz with Turbo to 3.1 GHz (Yes Mac's are bad at gaming :P  But they are capable of some light games, it runs TF2 fine)

Wii

Samsung Galaxy 3 

I'm not a "hard core" gamer  :comeatus:

Install windows via Boot Camp and you'll get a huge performance gain in your games.

the thread was originally only peripherals, but then people started saying hardware stuff and I was just "alright, go ahead."

ahhh

in that case I have an 

X52 flightstick

Ace flightstick (think X52 but for Xbox 360)

X360 Halo reach LE (silver ones that came with the matching console, not the funky ones you could buy) gamepads for both the console and my PC

Some cheapo, analog, and better than most digital, 5.1 Surround sound for my desktop. Tis a logitech. And the digital ones suck now only due to microsoft taking control of the audio :( even with a sound card its just not the same.... that and so few digital sets exist for PC anymore  :( )

Sony Digital 5.1 surround for the TV

Samsung 46" 3D LED TV for the consoles (FYI I don't even get local channels :yay:  so literally its for the consoles)

PS3 controller for the obvious :P

Nintendo, sega genesis, and Super nintendo controllers for my Retron.

Razor Mamba Mouse for the PC

TrackIR pro for flight sims and Arma (speaking of.. anyone for some Arma 3? soooo boring alone.. and worse with random peoples :/ )

Nvidia 3D Vision and of course an Acer monitor that runs 120hz to go with :)

Tritton wireless digital 7.1 headset for the Xbox 360. no wires for this one its the ol' $300 set :) and contrary to belief the headset works FINE with X360, PS3, Wii U, and anything else with a fiber optic hookup. The microphone also works on PC not just the 360... stoopid people... but the sound in this headset.. omfg.. it is AWESOME!!!  just annoying that MS decided to "change" the frequency for the headsets on the X1... no real reason, just so they can exploit additional peripheral sales.. would've made more sense to support the old stuff with the new, manufacture it on the cheap and keep selling them. But gimp quality so people want the newer ones. Just call it a "compatibility problem". Most people would believe that... sadly....  :blink:  )

Gamecube wireless controller

Atari 2600's joysticks

G930 7.1 Wireless Headset ( Is it obvious yet that I hate wires?)

Playstation TV (makes a great second monitor and/or small desktop TV to watch and PC game :P or console and browse the web... either or :) )

not sure if much else...

Edited by GrimCW

I'm in love with my WASD V2 custom keyboard. It's pretty (designed the color scheme myself), and incredibly functional. Also takes up virtually no extra space than what's needed, which is nice because I have a tiny desk.

Been using my Razer Naga molten edition for a few years now and haven't had any problems with it. I actually bought it for World of Warcraft but kept using it even after I quit a couple years back. It serves me well and having the keypad within thumb reach has been really nice for Dota2.

I also have a first edition MadCatz Tournament Edition Fightstick for playing dem fightan gaemz, and a wired X360 controller for all the indie console titles that get released on Steam.

Ooh! And an AVerMedia LGP for recording and streaming purposes. =)

• Brohoof 1

Well for PC, I use my PS1 or PS2, and GCN controllers via USB controller devices. For Wii, That all depends on which game I'm playing, but for certain games, I use Wii Classic Controller also GCN controller if my wii remote battery is low. For Xbox360, Mostly Xbox360 Controllers, no Arcade controller stick(s). Sorry, I'm not that type of player who uses that kind of controller.

I'm in love with my WASD V2 custom keyboard. It's pretty (designed the color scheme myself), and incredibly functional. Also takes up virtually no extra space than what's needed, which is nice because I have a tiny desk.

Sweet, I demand pics... n' now! :P

Sweet, I demand pics... n' now! :P

BhRRzKfCQAEUhmt.jpg

It's not the most fabulous thing I could have designed. I was definitely considering a rainbow look for it, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend $200 and be stuck with something I may or may not love in several years. Still, the MX Cherry Brown switches with noise dampers have been nothing but wonderful to me.

• Brohoof 1

PC, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, DSi, 3DS, Gameboy Advance and all of the controllers that go with 'em.

Originality please.

Edited by Half Life 3

Old laptop. Not great, but all I mostly play older games anyway. In fact, the newest stuff I do play is League of Legends and World of Warcraft. Other than that, Morrowind, old shooters, and the occasional indie platformer such as Risk of Rain or They Bleed Pixels.

I also play quite a bit on my 3DS. Right now, I'm playing Pokemon X/Y and Etrian Odyssey Untold, with Bravely Default on deck. I still use my DSes for the occadional GBA game, and to transfer Pokemon from older games.