gaming The Saddest Scene You Have Seen

Khaoios

• 2 weeks later...

img-2827939-1-The-Walking-Dead-game-lee-

Telltale is an amazing company and made me cry super hard.

I was just about to post that!  :P

Your right, that was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life. I still haven't recovered  :(

• Brohoof 1

Well i watched a movie named : The mist

the and was really bad (i found the whole movie bad but yhea )

on the end they think the monsters will kill them so they wanne kill them self (1 old woman 1 old man 1 men (27 year?) 1 young woman (23?) and a boy 8 years old <--- he is the son of the young men) 

they have a gun with 4 bullets but they are with 5 so the young men kilt them  so he walked out the care and then the army rescue every one and the men is crying because he kilt his own son for nothing

the end!

This may or may not be somewhat redundant, but I just recently finished Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Gates to infinity, (Or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3) and it has i'd say a pretty equally sad ending scene to the other two pokemon mystery dungeon games.

Also despite hearing that it wasn't all that good I quite enjoyed it overall, it had a few things I didn't like, but it also had some things I feel it did better in some aspects than the other mystery dungeons.

Regardless like all the mystery dungeon endings it got me quite close to crying, those endings always get me for Pokemon Mystery dungeon I guess. I might even say I feel it was sadder than the other two endings in some aspects.

I don't want to spoil anything though, play it for yourself if you want to experience it ;p.

i think the saddest thing was the "Red Wedding" from Game of Thrones.

I didnt really cry, but i really felt like "WTF?Are they really doing that?"

that scene changed so much about the further series and is quite sad when seen in the context of the world and what it means to the world around it.

The last 2 episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica just got me right in the feels. I never get feels from shows or games really. But these feels touched my feely feelings. Those feely feelings that when something feels them you feel feely. 

The first and still one of the few shows/animes that made me cry.. Clannad.

I'm gonna put the rest in a spoiler tab for it is a too much important part if you're planning on watching this show.

Nagisa's death..

Spec Ops : The Line.

ALL OF IT.

What ? Okay, I'll chose one scene...

Well the White Phosphorous aftermath was a very strong scene, but I'd say the saddest scene was the "suicide" ending. Seeing all of the game's major scenes without Walker's cloud of self-delusion was heartbreaking. And ultimately, suicide seemed like the only option to me after all I/Walker had done.

Who didn't cry during this episode of futurama? 

img-2833225-1-0Q9BjE3_zps3211ca75.png

Not from a video game, but yeah that's pretty sad. But you know what one is even worse?;

jurassic-bark.jpg

On topic, one from gaming that gets to me - as any person who knows can attest - is a handful of scenes from Mother 3. Each chapter out of 8 has some kind of part in it that doesn't fail to sucker punch my heart and start the water works.

• Brohoof 1

Nobody's going to know about this one. Dupre's Death from Ultima 7 Serpent Isle. You have to sacrifice yourself to restore the land to balance, but Dupre, one of your companions, throws you aside and steps into the furnace. It even has some incredibly sad music. The player is in shock for like ten minutes after that. But then you get to speak to Dupre's spirit in Ultima 9, two games later. I think he gets resurrected for some reason after that. Even though he was all happy, though his spirit gets ripped out of the Serpent of Balance. No idea how that works.

(edited)

Nearly a week ago, I got Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.

The entire franchise is infamous for being a bittersweet mess, but I didn't think they could top the despair of Unwound Future.

With a heavy heart, I will confess.

I was WRONG

The entire climax of the game was nothing but one hell of a wham episode. From Emmy being revealed to be a traitor working for Targent, to Descole sacrificing himself to save Luke, revealing that he's actually Layton's brother and that Bronev is their father, to learning that the Legacy was only a test for humanity and in willing to risk a life for it all of humanity is threatened by beasts VERY capable of eliminating humanity, to watching that painful flashback of Layton's biological mother dying... it was so, SO painful.

But undoubtedly, the most powerful part of the game was when they have to step into the beams of light to save humanity.

However...

And in case you're wondering, yes they did actually die and if that isn't the most amazing thing you've ever seen you can get out of my face.

Granted, of course, they ARE brought back to life in the end, but still, they sacrificed their lives to save everyone, and that just hit home so hard when they actually died.

Edited by SomariFeyWright

(edited)

This extra scene from the Dark Souls DLC. It's so subtle, but it breaks my poor heart every time. Why couldn't there be another way...?  :(

Edited by Jaref

Claus's suicide in Mother 3. It was hard when his mother died in the first chapter, but how his mother called to him from the grave to get through his brainwashed mind, leading him to kill himself (yes, it's child suicide) to save the world from himself. That entire scene and the aftermath made me cry for a long time.

Another sad scene was in Bioshock in the good ending. I won't spoil it here since it's that good.

• Brohoof 1

Fairy Tail spoiler (Edolas arc):

When Happy realized his entire existence was meant for him to kill his best friend/father figure (Natsu).

Holy shit the perfect use of Carla's Confession in the background made me bawl 4 daaaiz.

YES THIS IS NOT FROM A VIDEO GAME BUT I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT MY BAD REPUTATION

For video games, it's the ending of Grim Fandango. If you didn't cry you're a monster.

(edited)

The death of Eli Vance in Half Life 2: Episode 2.

:(

I legit threw my monitor out the window on that one. That sucked. :-/

EDIT: Not literally. Legitimately illiterally. Okay.

Edited by SkyDream