Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Hasbro produced a new generation of MLP aimed at boys would you buy into it?

Rarity Paige Belle

I'm not sure how that would work without falling into over the top stereotypes like ponies with missile launchers and karate chop action.

• Brohoof 5

It all depends on how it's written.  If it's written like Power Rangers of old...then no....

Of course....violent ponies probably won't be my thing anyways....

• Brohoof 1

If it was well written as MLP and it had more male characters, then hell yeah! They don't even have to be new characters. I'd be pleased if it was just a show talking about the life of Soarin, Big Mac, Shining Armor, etc... The stallions we already know.

• Brohoof 5

When I say a new generation I mean have FIM running alongside. And instead of calling My Little Pony they could call it something like Pony Commander.

What would make it boyish to you? Violence and fart jokes?

• Brohoof 1

It all depends on how it's written.  If it's written like Power Rangers of old...then no....

Of course....violent ponies probably won't be my thing anyways....

I must agree with this post.   It all depends on the writing. 

(edited)

Well they don't need to they have things like Transformers and G.I. Joe. But if they did....eh I don't see why not if it was well written. (Assuming your talking about a show)

Edited by N-Harmonia
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Although we do need more male protagonists other than Spike, I think it would take me a little to adjust. lol

G.I. Jack Knife.... A real Equestrian hero!!!

*touches peep*
I touched your peep. >:3

Edited by HomuKitteh

Like a poster above me said, if it had more male characters, then yes, but I wouldn't want it to be violent or anything like that.

I don't really understand how that could work, since MLP is so strongly associated with little girls that any boy who isn't already a brony would be put off by the name alone. I would prefer a series aimed equally at both genders, kinda like the generation 1 movies (Rescue at Midnight Castle) which had plenty of action and danger.

For me, what made the show so "magical" was the girly aspect of it. I mean, it was so different from all the other shows and movies I watched. What made this show amazing fore was its ability to build emotions and great characters and evoke interest without having to do heroic sacrifices and huge explosions and epic death scenes and whatnot. But in the end, it all does come down to the writing as Treble Bolt said. It most likely won't work, but hey, after MLP:FiM said "fuck you" to all previously thought boundaries, anything's possible! I wouldn't judge it till I saw it, is what I'm trying to say. But I also think it would be very hard to impress the brony community with a spinoff idea like that. I mean, they only deviated so slightly from what we've come to know and love in Equestria Girls, and look what everyone had to say about that(yes I know bad writing was another reason, but still). They would have to play their cards just right for that to work.

I think it could be an excellent vehicle for providing boys an alternative to the typical action boy cartoon/tv show. The magical thing about MLP for me is the ability to take a slice of life and make it entertaining and enchanting. I would love to see episodes showing stallions treating mares with love and respect. Show boys there is a different way to behave then what they are usually shown. Show male and female pony pairs working as couples together providing for families. I think a wonderful show could be created without resorting to high adventure every episode. We could follow a royal guard and show how important his duties are by just being a loyal vigilant guard keeping canterlot secure and safe. We could watch him train young guards with respect and dignity, instead of hazing and grunt work. The possibilities are just as endless as the current show.

Maybe

Perhaps a main villain that isn't defeated by the "same old same old" ?  I don't know- King Sombra should def come back soon.

Perhaps one based around the background mane 6?

something like this? hint hint?

post-24604-0-84348800-1394053133.jpg

hasbro, make your move dammit, you could make millions

• Brohoof 1

If you ask me, they wouldn't have to neccesarily 'boyify' it, persay- the series is pretty fantasy fan friendly in general I'd say. They would just need great male characters, with a great trait, quirk, and everything in between, and I think it'd be golden. I'm fine with what we have now though honestly. :)

Well I think trying to make a show full of 'boy things' is a really bad idea and contradicts everything they did right with FIM.  The reason FIM is popular is because they didn't try and make it a girls show filled with girly things... they just tried to make it a good show.  That's why it's become so popular... because even though it sounds like it would be girly, it just isn't.

Plus, I think this fandom has already shown the world that a lot of boys are happy with how the series is right now... I don't know why they would need to change it in order to bring in male viewers when they already have a ton.  Plus, let's be realistic.  The reason FIM gets the label of being girly isn't because the show is girly, it's because it's about brightly colored magical ponies.  I don't care if they spend every episode blowing up buildings and having pissing contests, it will never make brightly colored magical ponies a boy thing.  Sorry... it ain't happening.

And let's also be realistic about the reason MLP exists... it's to sell toys.  And pony figures also aren't going to become a boy's toy anytime soon, so Hasbro isn't going to pour money into making a series to try and sell toys to an audience that won't buy them.

The bottom line is that there's no way this would work, no way this would happen, and even if it did happen it would be a giant step in the wrong direction for all the wonderful things Hasbro did with MLP FIM and I'd really hate to see that happen. 

Are the toys cool? Do the male ponies NOT have troll hair like toy version of shinning armor and instead have awesome hair like say fabio. If they have awesome brushable hair and are actually cool pony toys...yes, i would buy them.

• Brohoof 2