Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What unproductive task do you waste your time on the most

Best Username Ever

For me it is probably Games i play so many games so much and never get anything done. I will try to do my homework you know just after one last game, or after this one, or this one, what it's 2 in the morning whoopsies. Story of my life.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hanging around here on the forums is a big one for me, but I also spend a lot of time playing video games, watching TV shows/anime, and listening to music. :P

Ooh yay! 400th post! :squee: I'm a bunny! Oh, sorry ...

Edited by Sir Jackleberry
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Coding. In my advanced gaming class we're currently doing coding.

It's all a bunch of crap. The coding that is.

We haven't learned how to actually make a game through coding. We're just doing focusing on making certain text come up in the debugging portion of Microsoft C#. It's stupid, and a waste of time. The teacher expects the class to make an RPG game together in one quarter. How? Barely any of us know what the hell we're doing. >_>

I mean, Monday through Friday I have to waste 45 minutes a day on this BS.

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 2

Hanging around here on the forums is a big one for me, but I also spend a lot of time playing video games, watching TV shows/anime, and listening to music. :P

I know anime addiction all to well and it is a mighty unproductive way to spend several hours on end staring at my computer  :lol:

Coding. In my advanced gaming class we're currently doing coding.

It's all a bunch of crap. The coding that is.

We haven't learned how to actually make a game through coding. We're just doing focusing on making certain text come up in the debugging portion of Microsoft C#. It's stupid, and a waste of time. The teacher expects the class to make an RPG game together in one quarter. How? Barely any of us know what the hell we're doing. >_>

I mean, Monday through Friday I have to waste 45 minutes a day on this BS.

I am doing C# coding in software design at school right now and i know it sucks i have no idea what i am doing half the time.

• Brohoof 2

For me, the most unproductive activity I do is probably playing the Sims. It is essentially the stuff I could and should be doing in real life, but Im not. :lol: 

That and the stuff I do on this forum...

• Brohoof 3

For me, the most unproductive activity I do is probably playing the Sims. It is essentially the stuff I could and should be doing in real life, but Im not. :lol:

That and the stuff I do on this forum...

I like to make the Sims suffer MWHAHAHAHAHAH when i am playing that game i turn into some sick psychopath

• Brohoof 1

I play too much quake. should be studying :<

I also sleep far too much. I could sleep for two weeks solidly and still be tired when I wake up. 

Yeah i am always tired no matter how much i sleep i got the correct amount last night yawned about 50 times in that day basically only caffeine can help me then :lol:

Yeah i am always tired no matter how much i sleep i got the correct amount last night yawned about 50 times in that day basically only caffeine can help me then :lol:

conclusive proof that sleeping is a scam. :P

• Brohoof 1

Youtube is the worst. I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted listening to the same song or watching video after video when I should really be doing something more important. Just one more video...

• Brohoof 4

Youtube is the worst. I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted listening to the same song or watching video after video when I should really be doing something more important. Just one more video...

What about when you start out watching a music video and end up on the dark side of youtube after a while  :blink:

I always end up there.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it depends on how crappy the day is, but you could say either play games or on the forums (however, with forums, yeah it may not be productive, but at least i communicate with other people) :D

Try and get up the courage to download minecraft and then a mod for it. Either that or dream about my crush, play video games, and stay here chatting on the forums.

Internet videos. Let's plays mostly. Music is productive to me, but if it wasn't that'd definitely be it. I spend at least 5 hours listening to music on a school day, at least 10 on a weekend. Not. Even. Kidding. 

Try and get up the courage to download minecraft and then a mod for it. Either that or dream about my crush, play video games, and stay here chatting on the forums.

I can't play Minecraft without 50+ mods and the Sphax Pure BD Craft texture pack i just get to bored  :lol: sometimes i wish i had just never tried mods/texture packs so i could enjoy it again but when i easily get from new game full diamond armor and sword in an hour or two i lose interest.

(edited)

Looking for a job when I have no experience or skills to offer.

Using the internet. For any reason. It doesn't even have to be MLP Forums. I could just hop online to check my emails, then I'll happen upon something interesting and click on it, then suddenly I'm overwhelmed with a thirst for information and keep clicking. And clicking. And clicking. Before I know it three hours have flown right by.

Also known as TV Tropes syndrome.

Edited by Rudy Redlin
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Excessive code commenting! I practically write paragraphs sometimes for short code blocks to explain the logic... It will be useful when we get into learning doxygen in a few weeks (a tool that automatically builds comments into an instruction manual / reference guide), but it's just ridiculous and unnecessary at the moment.

Anyway, here are some other procrastination tactics of mine:

Watching Twitch streams

Installing and playing with a new Linux distribution

Video games

Edited by Celtore

Looking for a job when I have no experience or skills to offer.

Using the internet. For any reason. It doesn't even have to be MLP Forums. I could just hop online to check my emails, then I'll happen upon something interesting and click on it, then suddenly I'm overwhelmed with a thirst for information and keep clicking. And clicking. And clicking. Before I know it three hours have flown right by.

Also known as TV Tropes syndrome.

I always do that i just go and check every website every 10 minutes expecting to find massive changes/additions and more content :lol:

• Brohoof 1