Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you hate most about your home?

Muffinnz

What I hate about my home? Well, when it is about the region I live in, then that this village has not really good public transport. Without a car, you are really lost here. The weather in summer can also be sometimes really annoying (hot and really humid, not my favorite). When it is about the house directly, then that it is a really old house with a lot of problems (like the fact that my room has no curtains).

Those damn kids upstairs. It's 1am and they still run, jump, drop things on floor, and tomorrow they will be awake at 9-10am to continue their rave. It happens almost every day

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 7:04 PM, Ooredelen said:

Those damn kids upstairs. It's 1am and they still run, jump, drop things on floor, and tomorrow they will be awake at 9-10am to continue their rave. It happens almost every day

Are you sure we're not the same person xD jk

my neighbors wont fucking shut up

• Brohoof 1

That the best internet I can get out here is satellite. 

Though my power company is getting ready to run fiber optic out to its customers with a 100 mbps plan and 1gbps plan, but they won’t reach us for another 3+ years...  so gonna be a loooong wait. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, AppleButt said:

That the best internet I can get out here is satellite. 

Though my power company is getting ready to run fiber optic out to its customers with a 100 mbps plan and 1gbps plan, but they won’t reach us for another 3+ years...  so gonna be a loooong wait. 

I'm right there with ya, bud. I've had Viasat for 3 years and just shut it off today. I went with an unlimited 4G LTE plan, since I need my internet to be mobile.

Where I'm moving to, I won't see fiber for another 50 or so years.  :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Phosphor said:

I'm right there with ya, bud. I've had Viasat for 3 years and just shut it off today. I went with an unlimited 4G LTE plan, since I need my internet to be mobile.

Where I'm moving to, I won't see fiber for another 50 or so years.  :laugh:

Viasat is what I’m using now haha.  It’s been awful during the quarantine where everyone is on the internet now, but other than that it’s actually been a blessing compared to the ATT internet we had.  It was barely better than dial up speeds

• Brohoof 2

It's an old house, so it's drafty. Need to replace the wood floors. Get rid of the carpeting. Finish the attic and basement. Replace the back deck completely. Circuit breaker pops pretty frequently due to the wiring in this house potentially being a century old. I'm amazed it holds up as well as it does. Why we're keeping it as long as we can is that the wiring job was grandfathered into state safety codes. If it works, it works. But if we replace one thing, we'll have to gut the entire thing or else it won't be deemed safe. Oh and the plumbing doesn't work as well due to our water being so mineral heavy. 

Neighborhood wise, we're pretty good. Near idyllic rural village. Everyone keeps to themselves. Only real pain is that we're a ways away from anything worth doing. 20 minutes to the grocery store. Half an hour to the movies. 45 minutes to concerts and sporting events. Nearby conventions like Ponyvile Ciderfest or Fur Squared are like an hour and a half round trip. So it makes more sense just to find a hotel near by, even though they're local cons. And of course, no public transportation and few delivery services out here.

• 2 years later...

Bad memories, annoyed of my brother and mum and sometimes neighbours (it seem okay now but might have new neighbours), nerves what new neighbours we be having in future. Also wifi can be annoying somtime but that be something to do with company or something.

Edited by BritishBrony2012

• 2 weeks later...

The rooms are way too small, the dishwasher isn’t very good, I have an apartment so I have to share walls with subhuman neighbors, and I’m about one room short now that I’ve taken in a friend to stay with us.

4 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The rooms are way too small, the dishwasher isn’t very good, I have an apartment so I have to share walls with subhuman neighbors, and I’m about one room short now that I’ve taken in a friend to stay with us.

Dishwashers themselves are very expensive, so it's best to wash dishes manually;)  

Simply it's location (in god awful Oklahoma). If I could just transfer it to a better state, I wouldn't have much of anything to complain about.

House is fairly old, so things are regularly falling apart/breaking. Neighbourhood is decent. Beats the area I grew up in, but that's not a very high bar, I guess.

Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful about our new home because it’s bigger but…. It’s not my home. Even though its has been 4 years now, I missed my old house each and everyday still. I can’t even think about it without crying. To be frank I feel I’ve gotten a bit more depressed in general after we got a new home.

Too much damn grass around the house. Takes at least two hours to get it mowed; usually more. Leaves little free time during the summer.