Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Bad Episodes of Good Cartoons

Moved to Elsewhere

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Boast Busters: Haven't I hated on this episode enough? In fact, there may be only 3 episodes I legitimately dislike out of the entirety of MLP:FiM, but out of those, this is the one I just CAN'T watch.

Thomas and Friends - Entirety of Season 13-16: Not because of CGI, but because of non-stop rhyming, horrendous dialog, lack of realism and horrible plots.

Spongebob Squarepants - The Splinter: Do I even need to explain?

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Falls (MLP:FIM):

Bulk = too many annoying one-liners

Spitfire = OOC

Twilight = hypocrite (*Forces Dash to choose a team, despite herself not choosing with the Gala ticket*)

Dash = Wonderbolts Academy lesson relearned

You're right about Bulk and Dash, but...

Spitfire: How is she out of character, what's her character?

Twilight: Really? first, the whole thing about the gala ticket was in the third episode of season 1, i think she has grown as a character since that, second, the consequences are totally different, if RD wouldn't have made a decision 2 teams wouldn't have been able to compete for the Equestria Games, if Twilight wouldn't.... nobody would have gone to the gala (which was awful, by the way).

Edited by Fawkes The Phoenix

Thomas and Friends - Entirety of Season 13-16: Not because of CGI, but because of non-stop rhyming, horrendous dialog, lack of realism and horrible plots.  
Let me guess, new writers came in and thought that just because it was on a preschool network, instantly means they have to dumb it down? Don't know never cared for the show not even as a kid. 
  • Brohoof 2

Let me guess, new writers came in and thought that just because it was on a preschool network, instantly means they have to dumb it down? Don't know never cared for the show not even as a kid. 

Pretty much exactly :P

I feel Sharon Miller is pretty much the "Casey Alexander" of Thomas the Tank Engine

• Brohoof 1

You're right about Bulk and Dash, but...

Spitfire: How is she out of character, what's her character?

Twilight: Really? first, the whole thing about the gala ticket was in the third episode of season 1, i think she has grown as a character since that, second, the consequences are totally different, if RD wouldn't have made a decision 2 teams wouldn't have been able to compete for the Equestria Games, if Twilight wouldn't.... nobody would have gone to the gala (which was awful, by the way).

In Wonderbolts Academy, Spitfire ultimately admitted that, while she admired Lightning Dust's drive, she wouldn't tolerate LD harming others in the process. Then, in Rainbow Falls, Spitfire herself tried to sacrifice Soarin to get ahead, an LD-like move. Bass-ackwards much?

Also, in Twilight's case, she ultimately got tickets for everypony, so it wasn't exactly fair for Rainbow's case.

• 6 months later...

I'm going to bump this thread, because I feel like saying..

The Simpsons (S1-10): The Principal and the Pauper - It's bad enough that the creators made Seymour Skinner revealed to be an imposter (named Armin Tamzarian), but it's even worse that they did so with absolutely no build up at all, and it overall came out of nowhere. No wonder Matt Groening considered this episode non-canon!

Any Arthur episode that occurred when 9 Story Entertainment took over. When 9 Story Entertainment took over, the animation became crappy and so did the episode storylines. Sure there were Arthur episodes that I thought were mediocre before 9 Story Entertainment took over, but the episodes I just mentioned took the cake.

Bato Of The North- Avatar The Last Airbender as it was the only time in both ATLA and LOK that any of the characters were written completely out of character and it is really jarring to see how out of character Aang was during the episode.  It is the only episode of Avatar I don't like and that I didn't finish.

So Funny I Forgot To Laugh- Arthur:

Gong back to the theme of characters being out of character this episode makes Arthur to be incredibly unsympathetic and unnaturally vindictive and mean and makes the episode annoying to sit through.

Edited by cmarston1

I still to this day cannot watch the gilda episode of MLP. I just...didn't like it at all  -_-

Most of Adventure Time is pretty bad in my opinion. When it first began, it was an alright show I guess but now, the new episodes are just so badly written, it just feels like they're milking it  :blink:

"It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" and "Rainbow Falls" of MLP are both pretty bad. The first being boring, annoying, and G3-Feel-ish, while the latter making no sense and just being frustrating to watch. I don't feel like going into too much detail currently, but they're certainly not ones I want to go near again. 

I really liked Rainbow Falls.

Here's a few that come to mind:

Fairly Odd Parents: Love Struck, I thought this episode was dumb and used too many stereotypes

Spongebob: Everyone always brings up any episode from post-movie spongebob are all of them. So let's take a look at a pre-movie Spongebob episode. Gary Takes a Bath: I just didn't like the concept and found it annoying how Spongebob forces Gary to take a bath.

All right I thought of more

Pokemon- The Semi-final frontier- If you don't watch the Pokemon anime, then Ash basically has to lose the league in every region. For the most of it, they do it fairly. However, the way he lost the Sinnoh league was very unfair. Ash basically had to face this trainer who had a Darkrai. First off, how the heck did that trainer get a legendary Pokemon. Usually if a trainer has one, they have a back story explaining how they got it. This one, they didn't even explain he just had one. It breezes through most of his team until Ash finally takes it out. You think that be an accomplishment but no, the trainer then throws out a Latios. What I'm saying is that this trainer is pretty much a Mary Sue. Since he didn't have any development or talk about himself with a backstory, neither was he ever mentioned again, it makes the ending a debes ex ma-china (I hope I'm saying it right). 

Yeah I thought that was unfair too and doesn't explain why he had a Darkrai or Latios. He probably even has more Legendary Pokémon but he's an absolute mystery.

Fairly Odd Parents: Love Struck, I thought this episode was dumb and used too many stereotypes Spongebob: Everyone always brings up any episode from post-movie spongebob are all of them. So let's take a look at a pre-movie Spongebob episode. Gary Takes a Bath: I just didn't like the concept and found it annoying how Spongebob forces Gary to take a bath.
I will say I find Just the Two of Us worse because at least Love Struck had catchy songs in it (and the irony of Tara Strong singing about how it's great to be a guy).