Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Never seen season 4. SAVING IT! Why Watch?

Space_Daisy

Don't judge me on my noob lookin self I'm all about My Little Pony!

So I'm the biggest My Little Pony fan in rural Indiana lol.  

but i don't get hub network and haven't seen any of season4 yet.  

Meaning I have no real bronies around me.

But I've openedthe eyes of my community to the MLP: FiM phenomenon.

Now I've seen seasons 1-3 over and over again.  

And I know there are a lot of new characters and even changlings to be offered in season4

But I'd love to hear why you all love season 4 so much!  Or, if the case, why you don't think it stands up to seasons 1-3.

What's new, Why's it good?   (or bad)

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I really like season 4 for its great introductions of new characters, fantastic episodes, some even the best in the series in my opinion, some of the best characterizations, great songs, and all of that sort of thing. I personally think it's better than seasons 1,2, and 3 but that's just my personal opinion. I highly recommend it, and like every season, it does have some episodes I would consider awful but a season will never be perfect. I just really like it. I don't really want to spoil anything for you so I'll just leave it at that. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not worried about spoilers.  Nothing could spoil new episodes for me.  

I'm really really really hyped about them but have been spoiled a lot all ready.

I thought season2 was the pinnacle so I hope season4 tops it and I'm thinking it's gonna.

Edited by Space_Daisy

I haven't seen any of them either-I'm waiting until the end of the season, so I can watch them all at my own pace.

I do that with every serialized show I watch-don't like to wait for the next episode if I feel like watching it now.

• Brohoof 1

And here I thought I was the only one doing that! What a surprise!

I haven't seen any episode after Daring Dont. Going to watch them all during the "pony drought". It's a terribly good idea ;)

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, Thunderchild.  Waiting a week for every 22 minute episode would be awful, but it proves your dedication too.  

Me, I love imagining and wondering whats next.  If i knew then i wouldn't get to dream.

I am a season 4 lover as well, it's just the fact that they have tried out some new stuff that they have never tried on MLP before, not to mention they finally game Celestia and Luna a decent back story as well! :)

I'll probably try to watch season 4, when it's done. I don't have cable, so I had to pretty much watch seasons 1-3 on netflix lol.

Without spoiling too much season 4 starts out pretty strong but gradually starts to decline with a lot of episodes that I can take or leave and a couple of ones that kind of suck. There is a rather interesting plot device around a chest and keys throughout the season, the purpose of which will most likely be revealed in either the season 4 finale. The season is worth watching despite its flaws for the keys and for the good episodes it does offer.

The good:

Applejack continues her great character development from season 3 with mostly good episodes (but one bad one as much as it pains me to admit) and great supporting roles in other episodes.

The season premier provides rather interesting details of the past: I won't spoil it but it does fill some blanks about the princesses, Discord and a few other things.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity's portrayals are better than season 3: Rarity isn't ignored in this season as much as she was in season 3 which is good, she had two good episode (one not so good in my opinion but most people seem to like). It could still use a tad more improvement but it is at least starting to go on the right track. Pinkie Pie had two excellent episodes, one of which being a duel Pinkie and Applejack episode is my favorite episode of the season.

Maud Pie introduced: I won't give away too much but Maud has become one of my favorite secondary characters and when you see the episode Maud Pie you will probably get a good idea of why that is.

The Bad:

Too many out of character moments, plot holes and inconsistencies: this has happened on occasion in the show but this season has a nasty habit of it with entire episodes being ruined because of this.

Overuse of deus ex machina: it has always had a role in the show but now it is just getting annoying and transparent.

A lot of episodes feel rushed: there are episodes this season that had a lot of potential but really needed more time to be properly fleshed out.

I could see how you would wanna wait. I mean, that way you don't have to wait a week for a new episode. You could just watch them all in a row.

I could see how you would wanna wait. I mean, that way you don't have to wait a week for a new episode. You could just watch them all in a row.

That's what I did for Seasons 1-3. I downloaded "The Return of Harmony, Part 1" and "Part 2" because someone told me John De Lancie played a Q-like character in MLP. I watched it, liked it, and downloaded the complete seasons 1-3, plus Equestria Girls, and watched them all in the span of about a week and a half. I don't know, though, sometimes I wonder if I would have preferred to watch them a little slower. I watch the new episodes one at a time now, as they are put up on dailymotion. 

• Brohoof 1