Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cutie Mark Crusaders are annoying?

CosmicHooves

I like them. They made a good little side story, and in small doses, would be perfect. And the mane 6 are right, they can't earn their cutie marks...of course, if they'd pay attention, all three have demonstrated their talents for their cutie marks lol.

Annoying? HELL NO!

Well.. I can see why some people think so, because I used to KINDA dislike them, however, now I think it is a pretty interesting sub-plot. I think they are funny and cute, and they aren't the only ones who put themselves (or others) in danger..

Also, they are kids, so it is only natural to ignore what the grown-ups say and stubbornly search for their cuty marks. The CMC episodes did become a lot better, imho, and I think they will only get better.. Who knows, maybe they will succeed?

I love Sweetie Belle so much it's verging on creepy.

I love the CMC almost as much as I do the mane 6, especially after watching the episode with Babs Seed. That was their crowning moment for me. I could write an entire paper on that.

• Brohoof 2

i like the cutie mark crusaders i admire the fact they never give up no matter what happens and are all working together to achieve a common goal and they are all determined to achieve their dream even if they go a bit over board  

I found them annoying in Stare Master. That's it. Every other episode starring them was pretty funny to me or incredibly cute. Seeing them run the adults ragged also makes me exhausted. Fluttershy constantly fretting over them in that one episode is why I had such a problem with it. So long as they don't do that, I can take them in every episode should the writers decide to include them.

• Brohoof 2

I don't find their characters to be annoying at all. They're really well developed characters (in other regards) and hold quite realistic archetypes. Though, their cutie mark story arc needs to be wrapped up soon. Hopefully we'll see this as an arc in season five. 

Also, the cutie marks in that photo are devilishly generic and unrelated to those characters' talents. 

To reiterate what Artemis said, the only time I ever found the Cutie Mark Crusaders to be annoying was back in Stare Master, and that episode was deliberately trying to paint them as obnoxious. Ever since season 1, I feel that the CMCs have come a long way, not just in their maturity as characters, but also in just how entertaining they can be. Seasons 3 and 4 have had really great episodes focused on the fillies, and I think they're a fun breath of fresh air every now and then. Because of their youth, they tend to work really well for certain kinds of stories, and I think their journey to find themselves and earn their cutie marks has been quite a treat. I think they're adorable and not annoying in the least.

• Brohoof 1

They've gotten less redundant and have gained more character develepment for the most part, as well as all of them gaining sister episodes. If anything they're better than before, to me.

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, they're episodes got better. In season 1, their main gimic was just get their cutie marks through many random things. Heck in Show Stoppers we prertty much all knew what their special talents are except the cmc. In more recent episodes, they're episodes were about more than just get their cutie marks. Also they wouldn't know you can't try to get your cutie marks they're kids, they're impatient. Heck I was like that as a kid. So of coarse they would try to get their cutie marks.

Not annoying to me. Though I do think that the characters have been more effective when an episode focuses on just one of the CMC and another adult character (Granny, RD, Rarity, etc.). Even if those episodes didn't exist, the CMC are still used to showcase moral lesson's that wouldn't work as well with the Mane Six.

As I typed the above I realized that far too many shows from the 80's and 90's had horribly developed child characters. Compared to some of those, the CMC are freaking Hamlet.   :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I think it's more of the CMC are cute and all but they are starting to take up too many episodes. They should be a break from the M6 not the M6 being a break from the CMC. I think Hasbro is trying to get younger audiences (possibly) involved and I think it is taking away from the main characters the show was orignally for. It's not that they are annoying by themselves it is just annoying that Hasbro has decided to focus on them and THAT is annoying. I am getting to the point of almost not watching episode cause the CMC is the main story. They are nice and all but I'm tired of them and I don't watch the show, or even like it, for them.

I don't care how many episodes the CMC are in, just as long as the episodes are good.

I also think its a bit unfair to deny the "intended audience" their link to the characters. Seriously, the show was written originally with girls in mind and I sometimes hate that we basically hi-jacked the show for ourselves and expect the episodes appeal to our tastes.

Edit: I second what Jeric said. The cutie mark crusaders work best when paired with an adult or especially one of the main 6. After all, if one of the mane 6 co-star an episode with a CMC they really aren't taking away anything from the episode.

Edited by crazitaco

No, they are not annoying. They are adorable! :wub: They are just trying to learn from their experiences like any kid would do. Through each of their experiences together, their bonds strengthen and they become better friends. 

• Brohoof 1

Hell no. They are sometimes even better than the mane 6.

What's annoying is the episodes in which they try to get their cutie marks.

But every other CMC episodes, like Hearts and Hooves Day, are generally great.

Edited by Blobulle

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I realize that it's going to be another CMC episode:

Half kidding, but kinda half serious.  In all seriousness, they're ok, but I could do with a little less of them.  Sometimes it seems like every other flippin episode is CMC.  They're a nice change of pace, once in ahile, but enough already.  It's the 6 that make the show, and sometimes it seems like they take a back seat to the friggin CMC.  Now, as someone else in this thread stated, I don't mind the episodes like Hearts and Hooves and Sleepless in Ponyville, but the ones that are purely about the CMC trying to get their marks get kind of annoying.  It's like Garfield and Friends.  I don't know about all y'alls, but I turned it off as soon as the "friends" segments started.  It was unnecessary.  I was there for Garfield, not these stupid filler characters that they made up because they thought that just Garfield screwing around in Jon's house wouldn't be enough for a whole show.  The purely CMC episodes would be like if they did an episode of Seinfeld only featuring the Soup Nazi, Babu, Poppy, and Puddy, and didn't feature the main four whatsoever.  When you make a show, you gotta remember which characters made it a hit to begin with.  That's who your viewers are tunning in to see.  Now, a show like Lost or Game of Thrones is different.  You expect people to die and characters to change.  But MLP is like Star Trek.  We tune in to see our same lovable characters every time.  We don't want it to change, and we don't want the show to get dominated by extra spin-off characters until the main characters feel like extra spin-off characters.

They're not annoying, at least I don't think so.

However, it was getting a little old when they had that 3 episode streak at the beginning of the season.

• Brohoof 1

They're not annoying, at least I don't think so.

However, it was getting a little old when they had that 3 episode streak at the beginning of the season.

Just so ya know, this was a really old thread.

Look at my avatar.

Obviously I've changed in my opinion.

My favorite pony now is Scootaloo.