Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want to write but I'm having trouble coming up with an idea that will work :(

AppleCrackers

I am not very good at starting stories. I have a couple ideas but I don't know how to start them X_X Has this ever happened anyone ? I'ts really bugging me because I know I want to write but I just kinda can't D: Once I get into the story i'll know i'll be fine but starting off is were I fall flat :(

Normally I get writing inspiration by remembering dreams and thinking they could make for a good story if they're developed further. Then again I never really finish the stories.

I've got one you can use though it has humans in them, it's 2½ pages at and I'll probably never finish it, it you're interested I can give it to you in a private message. If you want to change the humans into ponies I don't care and if you decide to finish it I'll gladly read it.

• Brohoof 1

I highly suggest you go check out this thread. It is the writing nucleus of the Forums, and there are a few members there who will be more than willing to help you with your problem!

I have the same problem -- the beginning is always hard. Lemme know if you ever find a solution.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have similar problems. I love building worlds. I'll start with a concept, a week or two later, I have a whole world with continents, countries, economic structure, political atmosphere, how physics works differently, the technology, magic systems (if applicable), cultures, religions, mythology, everything.

If you want a story, I got characters, motivations, general plot, all that stuff.

Oh, you want me to actually write it? Umm... yeah, not sure that's going to work...

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks :) you're all awesome :) I'll greatly consider that Midnight Blade and i'll be sure to let you know! Thanks alot Kolth that will surely help :) and Evilshy, you have liteally summed this problem up 101% perfectly :D