Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anybody ever pronounced your name wrong?

Colorful Respawn

UGH, yes!  It's really annoying.  My real name is Ariel, so a lot of times people pronounce it like the word "aerial."  Or on rare occasions, "or-ee-el" like...what?  And on top of that, they'll be like "Oh, like the little mermaid?"  NO.  NOT LIKE THAT.  It gets really annoying. T.T

I've heard my last name said wrong so many times that I've actually messed up saying it a couple times! haha

We always knew when telemarketers or other agencies were calling our house because they ALWAYS absolutely slaughtered our surname!

Edited by PE Brony

My first and last name is simple.

People have pronounced my middle name wrong "Cheyenne" ...it's SHY-ANN

But some have said "SHAY-ENN"

My first name is Conor and it has never been pronounced incorrectly, but it's been spelt wrong quite a bit. People have spelt it as Connor, Conner and even Connar.

Edited by Blackened

Only all the time.

It's become impossible now for anybody to pronounce my first name correctly on their first try.

My last name has the letter N as 'ñ' in it and people pronounce it as a regular letter, but I don't really care anymore.

Oh yes. I don't really care though. My RL name is relatively simple, but it's easy to confuse with other similar names. I've been called Ellen, for example, instead of Allan.

For my screen name, I fully understand any confusion, as I picked a very old spelling in order to differentiate it from anyone else using the name. For anyone who cares, it's pronounced [fey-oh-lahn], usually shortened to Fhae [fey] or Fhao [fey-oh] depending on how much shortening people want to do. :)

I have only had my last name mispronounced by people for whom English is not their first language and/or are unfamiliar with the Scottish custom of the letters "ch" being pronounced as a hard "k" sound. (Think "Loch Ness")

I am much more likely to have my last name misspelt by someone else, as out of the two possible spellings of my name mine is the less frequently encountered in North America.

People have often called me by the wrong first name

My names Asher but people sometimes call me Ashleigh: sometimes they think it’s Asha which is annoying to. I dislike being called Ashleigh because that's not my name

My name isn't short for Asheligh it just has the same first three letters at the start, and Asha is prononced like Asher but it's a diffrent origin and a girls name to, Asher is a Hebrew name where as Ashleigh and Asha aren't

My first name and surname are both really common, so no one ever pronounces it wrong. :P The only time someone might pronounce it wrong is if the teacher is doing the register and they read my name as "Oliver" instead of "Olivia". :P

Edited by Commander Hurricane

My last name is Valenzuela, and when I'm in California some people butcher up my name or sometimes after they struggle to say my name they ask me if Im from Venezuela lol in puerto rico they never get it wrong

Edited by RNgineer

Never had a problem with my first name, just people wanting to call me Johnny, which bugs the crap out of me if you do it without asking me first. I kinda keep it reserved for a couple of my cousins and two other people, so generally my answer is no anyway.

My old last name (changed it when my parents got divorced) was Boettcher. Go ahead and try it, I'll wait. Nobody ever got it right. EVER. 

It's pronounced bet-ker. 

No problems at all with my new last name though. Kinda hard to screw up McKenzie. 

well with a last name of Keough (Key-oh) i get

Keogh

Kayo

Kepo (My Favourite)

Kough

Keyog

Qeyo

Kao

My Last name is Irish by the way so it's hard to tell people how to spell it i have gotten

Keogh (ON MY SCHOOL FILES!![it infuriates me so much but at least i get out of after school detention misspelling FTW])

Keo

Keoh (Sigh... How?)

Keop

Keoph

and also with my last Username on the forums i got from Trillbianknight (kinda pronounced like Tres Bien but not exactly)

Trill-bi-an Knight

Trilli-ban Knight

Trill-byan Knight

Trillib-ian Knight

(See why i changed my name to Derpy Knight)