Fluttershy Stinks

Freewave

Does she?  

38 users have voted

1. 1. Does Fluttershy smell bad do to her caring for animals?

• Yes
    • No

Now before you get all upset and thinking I'm trolling you...think about it. Fluttershy is around animals ALL day long and has a house FULL of them. While we might picuture her as smelling like roses in reality she and her house likely smells like a zoo (and maybe Applejack might smell a bit too working on that farm).

Does this realization change how you feel about her? :(

• Brohoof 6

She has extraordinary control over the animals, I'm sure they oblige her by doing their business outside. Aside from the normal smell of the animals themselves, I doubt the house is that bad. And I'm sure Fluttershy keeps herself clean, she's definitely not the type to live slovenly. She may be my least favorite of the Mane 6, but I feel the need to defend her against this accusation!

• Brohoof 4

Cartoon logic dictates that animals aren't especially smelly in the world of Equestria.

I figure she might be the sort who doesn't absorb odors very well? I've had friends like that, who just never seem to stank no matter what. Or maybe ponies as a whole are like that. We don't see them bathing too often, except for that one time in that one episode. But realistically, if she did smell like animals all the time... Meh. She'd be one of those friends you have but don't hang with too often, I guess?

Now before you get all upset and thinking I'm trolling you...think about it. Fluttershy is around animals ALL day long and has a house FULL of them. While we might picuture her as smelling like roses in reality she and her house likely smells like a zoo (and maybe Applejack might smell a bit too working on that farm).

Well, being as horses in general stink of crap anyway, would it make much difference?

• Brohoof 1

Of course she stinks...Angel crawled out of something's ass, which is why he's such a prick, and he's around her alot :P

• Brohoof 6

Not really no,She doesn't keep animals like bears and deer and stuff in her house every minute of the day, she takes care of them, but they are animals, they have homes too. Everyone keeps thinking that fluttershy houses and feeds every animal in equestria which is not true. She has a couple small animals like birds and mice that live with her but thats it.

Also I'm pretty sure everypony in equestria is conscious of how they smell, especially how rarity didn't like to get dirty all that much

Edited by TheChosenPony
  • Brohoof 1

Not really no,She doesn't keep animals like bears and deer and stuff in her house every minute of the day, she takes care of them, but they are animals, they have homes too. Everyone keeps thinking that fluttershy houses and feeds every animal in equestria which is not true. She has a couple small animals like birds and mice that live with her but thats it.

Also I'm pretty sure everypony in equestria is conscious of how they smell, especially how rarity didn't like to get dirty all that much

From what i know, household mice and birds don't tend to stink. I had a pet rat once and he didn't smell bad.

Umm. No.

There's a reason they invented air fresheners and air deodorizers. Also,with the control she has over animals, they probably do their business outside.  It's also not like every animal in Equestria lives with her everyday. So it's not ALWAYS filled with critters. Usually it's Angel and a few other critters. So her cottage and herself probably don't smell like a barn.

She probably bathes everyday. Not to mention the amount of time she spends down at the spa with Rarity.

439278__safe_fluttershy_angel+bunny_wate

86368__safe_solo_fluttershy_wet+mane_bub

674__safe_fluttershy_rarity_comic_semi-d

Besides, cartoon logic. They don't accentuate it unless there's a visual indication of there being a "Smell". Like flies, or the brown/green animations they use to show something smells bad..

Edited by xFlutterdash
  • Brohoof 10

Umm. No.

There's a reason they invented air fresheners and air deodorizers. Also,with the control she has over animals, they probably do their business outside.  It's also not like every animal in Equestria lives with her everyday. So it's not ALWAYS filled with critters. Usually it's Angel and a few other critters. So her cottage and herself probably don't smell like a barn.

She probably bathes everyday. Not to mention the amount of time she spends down at the spa with Rarity.

img-2511393-1-439278__safe_fluttershy_an

img-2511393-2-86368__safe_solo_fluttersh

img-2511393-3-674__safe_fluttershy_rarit

Besides, cartoon logic. They don't accentuate it unless there's a visual indication of there being a "Smell". Like flies, or the brown/green animations they use to show something smells bad..

Excuse me, but are you trying to murder me with adorableness?! XD

Of course not.. Unless you're someone who's never seen dirt in your life, you should be able to put up with a little smell. Besides you get used to it quickly, like on farms and etc. Besides, Fluttershy doesn't smell since I'm certain the animals aren't always inside her house.

I must disagree, she must somewhere along the line bathe, even if she has a house filled with animals.   In addition, Im just gonna drop this........................Even if she smelled or didn't smell she would most likely respond:

you should be able to put up with a little smell.

Bad smells are bad. I guess I'm sensitive like that.

Freewave: Fluttershy stinks.

Me:

You're a big fan of YTP aren't you? I've noticed.

I knew a person almost exactly like fluttershy as a kid. She even had a really strange thing with animals. She was probably the best person I've ever met, and I wouldn't let a smell keep me away from her.

I'm from a farming family and when we visit my grandparents who still live on the farm, we're constantly around cows, sheep, chickens and about 4 or 5 dogs and 2 cats. The house doesn't smell and neither do my grandparents or us whilst we stay there. As long as you wash and clean each day, the smell won't stick to you or your house (:

Edited by Amaranternal
  • Brohoof 4