Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP G1 and G4 are in the same timeline?

Sindle

After watching Testing... Testing... 1... 2... 3... for a second time aside from the throwback to G1 with General Firefly something crossed my mind and I think it imploded it. I have a new theory to propose.

Pony Land from G1 is now Modern-Day Equestria.

It could very well be that Ponyland is now Equestria and Ponyland may have a name for Equestria coined by other countries in the world. Now please note that I am in NO way familiar with G1 of MLP so if I make mistakes please let me know.

Now where do we begin? I suppose the most logical place to start is where does G1 fit into the timeline of Friendship is Magic? Well I suggest that it takes place 10 to 20 years before Luna's banishment as that would give enough time for many of the diverse pony variations and creatures only found in G1 to die off in some form, as well as give the humans enough tie to make a sort of mark on the history of Equestria to perhaps establish themselves as mythical creatures; Part of a possible Lyra backstory as to why she loves humans for ya; this would also give the main ponies such as Firefly and Twilight to spread off and do great things or start a family as a possible case for Twilight possible being Twilight Sparkle's ancestor. Firefly would have to go to Canterlot and join the EUP Guard and establish the Wonderbolts.later on.

With most of the once threats such as trolls, witches,and humans dead the Royal Guard may have down toned their armor as well to what we see in Modern Equestria, only wearing the pony armor we saw in Castle Maneia during this time period while the Ponies frolicked in the fields with Megan.

What do you guys think? Could this be possible?

The Pudgy star is out.

• Brohoof 2

Sounds like something MatPat from Game Theory would talk about.

Really interesting topic, let's see where it goes!

Hmmm...

*Pins a theory badge on himself*

• Brohoof 1

I seriously doubt that, there was no indication of Princess Rosedust and the Flutter ponies, the major power players in the Pony Land region.

I can't refresh my memory on a suitable wiki without some irrelevant information regarding the older toys or previous-generation MLP fans bashing bronies.

I far as I can tell, what happened in G1 has no real bearing on what's happened in G4. At most, there has been some sharing of names and/or features of G1 ponies into G4 (Twilight Sparkle's Mother and Father were patterned and originally going to be named after G1 ponies, for example) but beyond that I think the two can be thought of as entirely separate.

• 8 years later...

I think so, but it's more than that, like G1 is thousand year of G4, before windigos and royal princess exist

this is Gogar G1Screenshot_20230307-141836_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a71f18f3ada0e04718bc9b1c967b8766.jpg

and this is Grogar G4Grogar_ID_S9E17.png.7ac9942b92b0fa5f29d2f1d8aeda2fcb.png

they have similar story (not 100%)