Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you wish for Spike in the future? His OTP

Freewave

Who do you hope Spike pairs up with in the future?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope Spike pairs up with in the future?

• Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Applebloom
    • With another dragon of course
    • I don't think he should couple up with anyone
    • Well I ship Spike in a gay way
    • A different pony than above.
    • Haven't given it any thought.

So I've seen Spike shipped with many ponies in fannon (when he gets older). From eventually becoming an item with Rarity to moving in more serious with Twilight. He's also been shipped with Sweetie Belle (makes sense, she's his age and maybe a more realistic companion than Rarity ever would be) and Apple Bloom. Of course all these are based on that the fact that fans are ok with him being with another pony when he's a dragon. Are you ok with that, should he start looking toward his own kind, or should we put this inter-species idea out of our minds? 

What to do about Spike? What do you wish?

Edited by Freewave

Mmmm, well we don't know just how long the dragon maturation process takes. It's implied he's still a honest baby (one smart ass baby) so he's not even the age of the CMC yet, really. So even if he matures at a pony rate (gg Ponyville) he'll still have an age gap with the CMC that's a bit big. Maybe when he's a teenager and they're already grown mares (who hopefully got their cutie marks at that point) I could see him with Applebloom. I dunno, their personalities strike me as the sort that are complimentary. But I frankly feel that he's out of the running for romance period, with how weird we've seen dragon aging to be so far.

(edited)

The fact that he's basically Twi's working assistant and does all this work for her (and has been in many dangerous adventures) really does indicate he's at LEAST the age of the CMC. Seeing how Applejack babied AB the same way recently means that the "baby" title is a bit thrown around too much. I think like the CMC he's hopefully at least a young teenager.

tumblr_n3yvj1cqry1twsw6no1_1280.png

Edited by Freewave

SweetieSpike is the only worthwhile Spike ship, in my opinion :D

I mean, Rarity is obviously mine, Twilight is more like an older sister figure to him, maybe a mother, and Spike X Apple Bloom just sounds weird to me.

So, yes, SweetieSpike is obviously best ship for that irritating purple dude :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

Thing is, dragon or not, age difference or not, Rarity has shown some return of his affections, if briefly and discreetly. While she works him hard as well, she's a little more kind to him than Twilight is. I think there may yet be some hope for Spike with Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

I think he should get Rarity, he's done a lot of things for her and Rarity has taken notice on many occasions, so it would be pretty sad to see it not happen

On the other hand SweetieSpike looks cute enough that they can fall back on it if it doesn't follow through(just as long as they try developing some sort of interaction between the two)

I want him to stay the way he is now, Twilights assistant. He just fits being helpful, and you kind of expects to help out with stuff, and that's what he wants to do.

With the recent update to Sweetie Belle, I think Spike now has the opportunity and the motive.  Not only is Sweetie spending a lot more time around the library, but her progress is making her seem more like a good pairing.  Also it seems Spike is aging -- at least from his voice and demeanor.  If he figures out his crush on Rarity is hopeless he may very well turn to SB. 

I don't really see Spike choosing another dragon.  He is more pony than dragon and his experiences with other dragons have been not the best.  Plus I do not see him as being easy to pursue by a female dragon, or in a female dragon's eyes even worth trying to pursue.

We saw the size of "teenage" dragons which were much smaller than an adult.  With the way dragon's age it seems likely that Spike(without greed) would probably be pony sized in maybe 10-15 years and maybe twice that 20-30 years later.  It wouldn't be enough to be horribly awkward during the main years of a relationship with a pony (although when he is 3-4 times the size of a pony when his first mate is approaching Granny Smith's age could make things dangerous with the frailty of said pony).  In essence any relationship Spike has is a temporary one even if it is a marriage etc.

Sparity, of course, is my OTP.

Have you read the comics?

IDW_Spike_Rarity_Fire_Ruby.png

*spoilers*

That's just ONE of the D'aww-inducing Sparity moments...

His love for her is the final thing that saves her from the Nightmare Force's control.

• Brohoof 1