Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Horrible Video Game Bosses (Lol)

Celestial Wish

I KNEW IT. I was trying to remember the boss of this place cuz I was almost certain I remembered how bad it was but I couldn't think of the boss so I didn't mention it. I do remember this guy though. That entire dungeon could be a pain, especially when these guys become regular enemies later on. (If I'm remembering right)

They're guns sucked. A LOT.

• Brohoof 1

I gots another boss:

The Pursuer in Dark Souls II. He has a trick to beating him but if you don't use that trick he'd be a douchenozzle of a boss. Granted one could exploit the long-range parry trick on him but it'd take forever to do so.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

The worst boss in my opinion would be that King Bob-Omb boss in Super Mario 64, thought he was easy as hell.

By the worst video game boss that was nearly impossible to beat for ME, was the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe I just sucked, because I know like everyone who's beaten him, but I died SO MANY TIMES AND IT TOOK ME FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst boss in my opinion would be that King Bob-Omb boss in Super Mario 64, thought he was easy as hell.

By the worst video game boss that was nearly impossible to beat for ME, was the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe I just sucked, because I know like everyone who's beaten him, but I died SO MANY TIMES AND IT TOOK ME FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's definitely a doozy for your first time playing the game. He's vastly different from just about everything you've faced up to that point and the fights can be rather chaotic so it's hard to detect what attack he's gonna do next.

Particularly the last form when he grabs Sora and you have to get over to him with Riku. There's a trick to doing that part easily but it's kinda slow going so if Sora doesn't have enough health it might not work but it's faster than trying to rush forward.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I would class all the bosses in Deus Ex Human revolution as bad brcause of how overly simple and easy they were compaired to the amazing nature of the rest of the game. As for difficulty wise litterly any boss in the Xbox Legacy ninja gaiden. The one that came out before black. I know alot of people would say dark souls or dark souls 2 but those games were a difficult hurtle till you found the door and waltzed threw it. Ninja gaiden gave no door you just threw yourself at the wall untill it gave way "shutters" i lost an xbox controller and a t.v to that game.

Edited by Digit

Any Tekken fan should know that Jinpachi from Tekken 5 on a hard difficulty was a just...... just..... well let's say he had a move that knocks of half your health and it is ranged, slow though. He blocked almost every move too, did I mention he had moves that stole your health.

I should also mention an easy boss too, Alduin on Skyrim, sorry Skyrim fans but in my opinion he was too easy, I watched my Conjured Frost Thralls and Daedra do most of the work because he was so weak, before DLC the Ancient Dragon was tougher than him also, they had more health and did a shit load of damage to even maxed out characters with some of the greatest armour. 

Twin Freaks - Dynamite Headdy

Izayoi - Dynamite Headdy

Molderm - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The Barrier Trio - Mother 3

Forlorn Junk Heap - Mother 3

Natural Killer Cyborg - Mother 3

Wrexsoul - Final Fantasy VI

Durial - Diablo 2

The Butcher - Diablo

The Final Boss of Rouge Galaxy. Nuff said.

It's a ship that has been fused with Mother (the forces of evil) and the 3 main enemy of the journey. There's 8 people in the team party THAT IS separated into 8 solo battle. Battle 1-7 is not hard. But the last one. Jaster vs Demon Battleship Head. My goodness. The main character wields a special weapon that is big as buck and the attacks are slow as hell. The enemy has some predictable, but hurts like a truck moves. The character has 999 hp and have maybe around 50 healing potion that heals 50% per use and full heal that fully heals, but still, sometime that's not enough.

Moreover, if you die on that stage, you have to start all over again.

If you mean horrible as in "Kelldrick loses his mind from three of the most annoying bosses" They're from older games as you can tell. Here goes:

Moldorm from Zelda: A Link to the Past - The fight itself isn't too bad on paper. However, there is a nasty catch-22: you fall into the pit to the fifth floor below, all that effort against the Giant Moldorm is wasted. He'll restore health when you go back up the stairs, redoing the fight all over again. It's extremely easy to fall into the pit, too, because if your sword hits anything other than the weak point, you recoil. You will likely recoil into the pit, lose no health but a lot of anger.

Death from the first Castlevania game - This may have been the most frustrating for me in this game. At stage 5-3, where he's fought, anything dealt to you deals four units of damage. You have sixteen units at maximum. He spawns scythes that appear in a set pattern. They arc in weird patterns that can hit you. If you bring Holy Water, the fight is made a lot easier. Unfortunately, there's a fatal glitch in the game where if there's too many sprites (due to an oversight in the conversion from the original Famicom Disc System version to the NES version), the game mistakenly loads up the wrong bank in the file, and the game freezes on the spot. This is the next-to-last boss, mind you, in a game where you have to beat it in one sitting.

The Technodrome from the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the NES - I certainly don't remember the scene from the 1987 show where they thrash the Technodrome. Do you? It's also a lot smaller than in the show. Its weakpoint is the "eye" of it, and doesn't seem too bad, right? Wrong, it is by far the hardest boss in the game by far, with hitbox issues and whatnot. Not to mention, it moves left and right randomly.The lightning it emits from its "arms" (both left and right) takes up a lot of the screen, and there's foot soldiers and cannons shooting. If you can disable all four without losing too much health, and defeat the eye itself, you're a true NES hero. If you don't have Donatello or the scroll weapon, you may as well try to rescue him if a Turtle, assuming you didn't use up the rescued turtle in Area 5. If you lost him for that continue...you may as well get game over and use a continue, if you have any continues left.

Edited by Kelldrick

Ironically, this one is currently in my profile pic.

Megaman zero 3 - you fight all the way up to Omega, you kick his ass on his first form, then beat his crazy insane fusion form, thinking "oh, i must be done."

then all of a sudden - a twist!

It turns out Omega was hiding Zero's original body all along! This guy is crazy strong, his attacks mirror zero's but are superior in every way. First time i saw this, i nearly shat bricks! Then i remember i had no health at all... well, shit.

The Final Boss of Sonic Lost World.

While I enjoyed the rest of the game, I don't remember one good boss. But the final boss takes the cake for me as the worst in that game because it's just a rehash of the final boss from Sonic Colors, but without any wisp powers.

But, the final boss music is AWESOME!

Edited by Shadowking58

Hoyt in Far Cry 3.

I just found this to be the worst boss fight ever. All you do is pressing a few buttons and he is beaten. I played the game for 30 hours, with most side missions done, and then at the moment that should be the big payoff, you have to press a few buttons

Urgh!

Goresby Purrvis From Dragon Quest IX definitely qualifies here. 'Hey let's give this guy the ability to attack twice in a turn, give him an instakill move that hits about 80% of the time, oh and let's also give him a move that can make a memeber of your team immobile for a turn, and let's not put any limit on these moves at all!' I found the final boss to be less of a pain than this jerk

-The most annoying boss I've faced recently is Veldor, from Odin Sphere. As if mages weren't annoying already, picture one that summons twice as much swords, and is accompanied with TWO TOUGH MINI-BOSSES

-Apocalypse with his Horsemen in Marvel Avengers Alliance: it's your choice to face Apocalypse with or without his Horsemen. Choosing the former is more costly in resources, but taking out the Horsemen individually will make the battle against the big guy easier. He's tough, but nothing you can't handle. If you choose the latter, you'll face Apocalypse WITH his Horsemen, and all of them have different classes, and deliver nasty debuffs. This is the first time I've ever used tons of items in the game