Any toddler/child injuries that you do or don't remember?

TheMarkz0ne

I remember two biggies, one with long lasting effects. The lesser one was an incident that happened at school in which I slipped and fell while so stupidly standing on a dodgeball in kindergarten back in LA ^_^ I scraped my nose and chin pretty badly :(

The other incident was also in LA when I was still young enough to be in a stroller. My mom was walking with me in the stroller across the rocky train tracks when suddenly a rock caused the stroller to lurch forward and since I wasn't properly held in I was thrown off the stroller and my left knee hit the hard sharp edge of a large boulder. I still remember the blood streaming down my leg and soaking my sock slightly :( I still have a scar there to this day -_-

I once bought some grape juice and could not get it open so I cut it open with a knife. Some plastic shards got into my cup and I drank it and it hurt super going down. I can't tell if the scars on my throat fully healed or not, maybe I just got used to them. This was all when I was around 10 or so. 

One huge injury I don't remember was when I was at a cookout at my grandfather's house when I was two. Apparently, I thought it would be a good idea to grab the grill and continue holding onto it despite the intense heat. All I heard was I had third-degree burns all over my arms and I had to have plastic surgery to fix my skin.

The first one I clearly remember is falling off the coffee table when I was four and having a gash that required stitches in between the eyes. I still can feel the scar.

(edited)

Um... I vaguely remember playing some kind of game in P.E. at school and me and another kid ran into each other, and I woke up in the school library and I was being held by (someone) and I had a huge knot on my head.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

There is one clear as day that I remember, I was a little less than two years old and I remember falling down a flight of stairs at the apartment I lived at. Then I was taken to the hospital and as it turns out I had hydrocephalus which was apparently missed for a little while. As far as I know the stair thing did not cause it but the hospital visit made the doctors notice.

That is the only toddler injury I remember clearly though.

• 11 months later...

When I was 18 months old I tripped and fell against a coral rock at a local park that required stitches. The scar at the top of the bridge of my nose is still present to this day. I don't remember the incident, however.

Then a year later I was walking across three concrete benches that were placed close together and they had a small gap between them. I didn't mind the gap, and I slipped and fell hard on the ground and broke my arm. That incident I do remember, but the strange thing is for some reason I only remember lying on the ground crying from a third-person POV.

I have a scar on my forehead. When i was 4 i fell and hit my head on a metal plate at a video arcade. Don't remember anything between the point i hit my head to when i got out of the hospital

When I was 4 I was attacked by a cat. I got a big gash on my left arm: 

ggT6r3x.png

There's another scar across my chest, but it's been covered by hair. I used to scrape my knees every Summer as a kid, too, for one reason or another. 

My mom and dad told me that when I was a toddler, I was running around and bumped my head on the edge of a coffee table, and then I required stitches. That explains the small dent that I had on my forehead when I was growing up.

I have a few scars from jumping on (and falling off) furniture. My chiropractor says I have a serious neck injury and asked if I'd ever been dropped on my head as a child, but I never was. So the mystery continues... 

• Brohoof 1

When I was very little, I cut my thumb by sticking it through a crack in the basement window. I remember how it looked like a pink sponge inside, until blood started just welling out of it. I mean it was just pouring out! I remember my dad wrapping it up tight by tying a white handkerchief around it, and him putting me in the car. I have absolutely no memory of actually getting to the hospital. I still have a scar shaped like a capital letter "A" on my right thumb.

(edited)

I broke my collar bone when I was about three. I used to try and climb things :P I tried to climb up the curtains and then fell. I vaguely remember wearing a neck collar thing but I can't remember actually doing it. 

Edited by Kayleigh

• 3 years later...

I had a lot because I was always getting myself into mischief, but they were all very minor and most I don't even remember anymore.  

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to avoid seriously injuring myself as a child. My brother, on the other hand, was jumping on the couch and jumped off. He landed with his face first into the corner of the coffee table. He had to get stitches. This happened years ago but he does remember it happening.

(edited)

I shoved a glass door really hard and broke it when I was four or five. I got a big slice on my arm. I remember pain and getting stitched. Now I have a long scar.

Edited by Fluttershutter

lets see

When l was 6 l hurted my ankle pretty bad and l did almost twisted it. So for the rest of my life l'm stuck with a crakey weak ankle.

2nd when l was 8 or 9 l fell off my bike and my mouth was bleeding, arms, legs, and part of my face was bleeding. And l still don't know how l was bleeding like everywhere on my body from a fall. Imo my body is dramatic, like really it was just a fall on the sidewalk.

3rd When l was 13, l got my middle finger slammed from a car door that my sister did. And yes l kinda still have a stiff finger from it.

So that's it only two injuries l can remember when l was a kid and yes ik it doesn't sound bad like others, but still it counts right.

i have a small scar just below my bottom lip from where my tooth went through

i was like 3 when i tripped over and banged my head on the coffee table and my tooth went through my bottom lip