Bronies In The Wild: Brony Spotting Experiences

EP1C N3RD

Met one, a friend at college who said he was a Brony, he was the first one I told when i got into it.

Also my older sister, who I converted... (Although Pegasister?) just working on her Fiance...

• Brohoof 1

On 4/22/2016 at 6:16 PM, The Nightly Spectre said:

One does not ask why The Questioner is awesome. One should instead ask their gods if they ever compare to the awesomeness of the one and only Questioner.

My wife's friend is a pegasister, which I discovered upon going to a Sonny's in Lakeland. We met her there for lunch, and she had on a "This shirt is 20% cooler" t-shirt, which is how I found out about our mutual fandom of MLP:FIM.

• Brohoof 1

Detroit Tigers- Back to Back AL Central Champs

When in doubt, post ponies!

When I became a Brony, my friends were all haters :P after a while, I didn't talk about ponies and they just went on with life, I then found an old friend who was a Brony, and converted one of those haters! (BLACKM1ST)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Over the summer, I've been volunteering at our local library and it turns out that EVERY guy who volunteers there is a brony. But all of the girls shake their heads in disapproval. Heck, one of those people was the one that got me into MLP in the first place.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah the majority of my friends at school are bronies. Only like 1, or 2 aren't. It's nice to know ones in real life, you can talk about ponies at school, and its awesome.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

Only one actualy, she was the one who transformed me into a brony in the first place, but she lives in New York and I live in Brazil. But here, I never met a brony, and I think it's because most people in Brazil (at least where I live) people aren't open minded at all and think the show is for kids.

• Brohoof 1

Nah i haven't, norwegian youngsters are so caught up in studying and getting a good education and job that they barely even watch youtube, i betcha at least 70% of norwegian youngsters have no clue what a brony is. Online i haven't had much luck either, but hey, that might just be me :P Worst thing is tough I've met haters, and to make matters even worse, my very special "somepony" (He sure as hell wouldn't like me calling him that) is a hater, so yeah, lucky me xD

I can think of three off the top of my head that I've met, but we didn't really become friends or anything. One was in one of my music classes after he commented on the pony shirt I was wearing. I met another at an electronic music concert, that was more of a passing thing really. And the final is actually my cousin, but he lives in a different city and we don't really talk much besides at the occasional family gathering.

I still want to find some people to hang out with though. So hit me up if you're in Kansas!

I did meet quite a few Bronies here in Portugal...

In Iberanime, which is an anual convention where Anime fans from Portugal and Spain join, like a big-ass meet-up.

I met my whole Skype Group called "Tuga Bronies."  We are all Portuguese, with a shared passion of ponies. Sincerely, that was the best day in my life.

~Nothing is sad. Everything is Friendship~

~I live to seek truth, not to reach it~

~Search for the ones who seek the truth, and run from the ones who know it~

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/romulus-lance-romance-r2127http://general-sedivh.deviantart.com/ |

I actually just did this past weekend.  I ended up going to a brony meetup and having alot of fun.  Not as intimidating as I thought it was, although I can honestly say that my confidence in myself was already much higher than four or five years ago when this still might have been an issue.  I still wouldn't just go up to random people and talk about MLP though, unless it was at a meetup of course XD

• Brohoof 1

Plenty. Two or three of my friends at college are bronies and we're not just the only ones at New England Tech.

As I said though, I'm only friends with 2 or 3 of them, and there are 3000 students enrolled there.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Let's see:

- my fiance

- few guys from polish MLP forum

- that guy at the airport who said I have cool shirt with Vinyl and helped me with my huge suitcase

- adorable boy at the Disney shop who also commented on the same shirt

- two girls- one of them from my high school

- to not mention all these little kids who love the show

Adventure and danger, love from a stranger,

Let me be surprised!

2nan3gw.png

Johari Window for lulz: http://kevan.org/johari?name=burningquestion

I know a few bronies. The friend who introduced me to the show (obviously), two of my classmates (three if you count the one I converted), two (or three, I don't remember) in my martial arts program, and one guy at work. In addition I have had a few random encounters at my university, a comment here or a brohoof there.

post-19519-0-48643400-1400482384.png
Keep flyin'

Nope :'(

But I'm gonna meet in person with a couple online friends in a couple months and one of them is one of the people who got me into the show :D

img-23847-1-aa10eb634dc44e5eb17a14f9f87874b5.png

*sniffles* No...but what I'd give to meet one. :( I'd love talking about the things I can't talk about without feeling ignored or made fun of. If I had a friend at least we could stick together and say "Yeah? Who cares? We like what we like! Deal with it."

But I can't...

AcXXucv.jpg

Credit to Kyoshi for the awesome signature!

I have met one in my school, cause I played the theme song on piano, and he came over and said 'hi'

It was kinda cool :P

• Brohoof 1

If you actually took the time to read my forum post, I thank

Love you Dashie :wub:

img-2450051-1-JoeSig_zpsba62fad0.png

Just one, a friend of a friend. I try to talk to him about mlp but he's not that much into the show how he is in the fandom ( he said he watched some of the episodes but not all of them) He likes to colour in photoshop and asked people around deviantart if it would be okay to colour their work. Most said a huge NO! quite rude, only mlp fans welcomed him with open arms

Thats why I joined the forum, he said Id meet a lot of nice and friendly people ^_^

i know a few, used to think it was weird, then i watched it so ya, the bronies i know made me into a brony lol

• Brohoof 1

So, people have mistaken me for a nice guy. I'm not. Don't like it? Tough. Your loss.

mirrorwing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mirrorwing-r5649?do=edit

obsidian wing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/obsidian-wing-r6014