Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So "Equestria Games" is just another episode?

Jangocoolguy

After all this time and build up, the Equestrian Games are going to be your average stand alone episode...a Rainbow Dash episode by the look of it?

What a let down...   >_>

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
Clarified the title as it gave no indication of the topic.
  • Brohoof 3

After all this time and build up, the Equestrian Games are going to be your average stand alone episode...a Rainbow Dash episode by the look of it?

What a let down...   >_>

All the previews and descriptions actually make it out to be a Spike episode

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if it's an RD or a Spike episode, but I certainly hope for the latter of the two. Both have had a pretty shite season thus far, but Rainbow has "Testing, Testing, 1,2,3" under her belt where she was actually quite good, while Spike has had...nothing.

Furthermore, Rainbow Dash has had a LOT of episodes throughout the series, while Spike hasn't had that many and could use the development. Hopefully, this is a Spike episode that pans out well for him :D

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it seems to be a really big deal for everyone. And yeah, its probably an RD episode. I can't really say what it'll be about, but I don't put my hopes too high, since (sorry, fans), I don't like Rainbow Dash that much.

Personally, I think it might lead into the two part season finale, or they'll at least be related somehow.

If I was going to guess about anything then it would be this.  Though the end of season one just had "the best night ever" so you never know, it might be really good!

We still have the weird box with the keys to be resolved yet, so maybe this will build up into that and it will all be centred around the games. 

Which ponies have not received a key yet? or do we have 6?

• Brohoof 1

It's not the first time when they build up into something, with all that foreshadowing & stuff, just to never return to it or run the whole steam through the whistle.

As for the Equestria Games, that's probably caused by the fact that it is not the season finale yet. They might have wanted to leave the better stuff for the finale.

but Rainbow has "Testing, Testing, 1,2,3" under her belt where she was actually quite good

Don't forget the "Daring Don't" ;) I, for one, really enjoyed it, at many different levels, and I think it might be one of the better RD episodes this season.

while Spike has had...nothing.

True. And sad :/ Especially that he's got some amount of screen time which could be better exploited. They should have give Spike some more important stuff to do instead of some shitty comic relief, goofin' around and messing stuff (i.e. the leaf in the Breezies episode). He definitely needs some more depth to his character.

Edited by SasQ

I would like it to be an episode with everyone. Mane 6, CMC, background characters like Bulk Biceps returning, the pony who came to the CMC's school, the princesses, discord, and more. Sure it isn't the final episode, but I still would love to see those characters that got the shaft this season. I've asked this before and I will ask it again, have Snips and Snaps, who are now on the opening picture, even been in this season?

• Brohoof 1

The synopsis from the hub says it's a Spike episode, but there have been some pretty good teaser shots of RD and Spitfire racing, too, so I suspect it'll be a bit of everyone. Fluttershy's on the team as well...

Oh, and Bulk Biceps. I need more Bulk Biceps in my life.

Why is everyone assuming it's gonna be a RD episode all of a sudden? Just about everything we've heard about it has been pointing to it being a Spike episode. RD will probably have a subplot, but I'm not expecting anything else(and she'll probably share it with the rest of the Ponyville team)

• Brohoof 2

whoa wait, hold on now. Just cuz everyone thinks it's an RD episode doesn't mean it IS. And if it was, we shouldn't assume it's gonna be bad. Assuming makes and ASS out of U and ME!

Just a quick note: I change the title of this thread so that the topic for discussion is made clearer.

Carry on. :)

(edited)

Why is everyone assuming it's gonna be a RD episode all of a sudden?

Those clips in the commercial make it look like she gets a lot of focus. That why I said "by the look of it" in the initial post.

Just about everything we've heard about it has been pointing to it being a Spike episode.

That's even worse. Hell, he JUST had "Inspiration Manifestation"! That's 2 Spike episodes in a row! :blink:

I had thought the Games would be a multi-episode story with all kinds of events. Heck, I even thought some of the Other 5 and/or some supporting characters would try to compete!

Mind you, that lousy commercial certainly isn't telling us the whole story, but it being stand alone just doesn't feel right when they've been building up for over a season...

I'm just glad Polsky's writing it, which at least means it'll be eventful :)

Edited by Jangobadass
  • Brohoof 1

Those clips in the commercial make it look like she gets a lot of focus.

Again, subplot.

That's even worse. Hell, he JUST had "Inspiration Manifestation"! That's 2 Spike episodes in a row!  :blink:

I had thought the Game would be a multi-episode story with all kinds of events. Heck, I even thought some of the Other 5 and/or some supporting characters would try to compete!

Mind you, that lousy commercial certainly isn't telling us the whole story, but it being stand alone just doesn't feel right when they've been building up for over a season...

I'm just glad Polsky's writing it, which at least means it'll be eventful  :)

It's not like we've had episodes featuring the same characters twice, we've had it twice with AJ and RD(in both S2 and S3) and once for the CMC in Season, and personally I don't think it's a big deal. Plus Polsky's writing the episode(and he's been writing some of the better episodes of the season, so I don't think there's much to worry about)

• Brohoof 1

I had thought the Games would be a multi-episode story with all kinds of events.

I, for one, thought it would coincide with the winter Olympic games in Sochi, Russia. But it turned out to come late.

Assuming makes and ASS out of U and ME!

Good one :)

Edited by SasQ

Am I a bad person for getting giddy at all the RD hate in this thread and actively rooting for it to be a RD episode because of it?

img-2582258-1-562.jpg

Yes. Yes, I am.

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 4

It is very difficult to top yourself every episode. Some are better some are not.

The one thing that must be preserved is the continuity and canon of the show.

Thank you for listening. :D