Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Sombra really die?

Rarity Paige Belle

Actually it's shown in the comics. There's a fight between the mane six and evil Celestia and Luna. They both get injured and in the TV show universe good Celestia and Luna receive the same injuries!

Yeah, my bad, I haven't read the comic at the time. There might be an explanation for that further in the arc

Though there are some who think seeing his horn intact and flying towards the screen could mean something...

I think that his horn flying towards the screen is a subliminal sign that we won't get to see Sombra as an Alicorn Princess.

• Brohoof 2

His body was destroyed, but that's the thing.  He didn't even have a body the first time we met him.  Anything goes.

His body was a rental, clearly.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, what happens in the IDW Comic and what happens in the Show are different things. Apples and oranges (pun not intended!).

Plus, it would be weird to see Celestia hitting on the resurrected Sombra in the show if that weren't true...  

Plus, it would be weird to see Celestia hitting on the resurrected Sombra in the show if that weren't true...

The more and more I hear about the comics, the weirder they sound.

I don't think, or at least haven't heard, that the comics are canon to the show. So even if he did, I don't think it would effect the show.

Now, as far as death in general goes (MLP wise), I don't think it's a topic that will never really be discussed. Besides the shooting stars and Applejack's parents. Unless they somehow brought up that Princess Twilight Sparkle wasn't immortal (a little too late for that, though. Besides, it was already confirmed by Meghan on Twitter.)

• 3 months later...

I really want to see Sombra come back. It's like the writers intentionally did this to piss people off by not only giving him barely any screen time, but then outright killing him at the end.