Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (1x1) That One Laboratory

Demirari

The Ingenious Laboratory is a strange one to say the least. One is the fact the laboratory is giant and the other is there are only two personnel in it. And while it receives missions and objects to study… least to say it never really does.

----

Gentle Secret was happily scribbling down notes on her giant whiteboard. The marker seemingly to be twirling in the air as she wrote a long equation for an experiment she was doing. Only a few more tries, she thought to herself as she capped the marker and turned around.

Hopefully her new colleague isn't as insane as the last one. She then returned to her job as she peered down at her microscope at a small object. It had took her an entire week to get it to this stage. For once maybe, they'll get something done if her new colleague isn't bat-crack insane.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Midnight walked through the clean, white, generic halls, something came to mind. Why was there nopony here? Like, seriously... the place was what looked like abandoned, and he hadn't seen anypony for his entire 5 hour walk down the hall.

"Hello? Anypony there?" He finally cried out, hoping for a response.

Gentle Secret's ear perked up as she stepped out of her lab room. A pony? That must mean her new colleague right? No one comes down here, due to everypony being in the upper levels. Which she consists herself lucky, a large department wing all for herself and… another colleague. Dusting her lab coat, she replied, the same level of voice, "Yes?"

She was rather nervous to say the truth. For her, this means either as sane or insane pony. Gentle Secret rather not be stuck behind a foot-thick steel blast door for three days straight. That was rather terrible, almost got her killed around eight times.

Midnight paused to listen for a moment and heard a feminine voice echoing through the halls.

"Hey! I'm your new colleague, Midnight Comet! I'm kinda... lost..." He yelled. "Where are you?" He spun around, looking at the hundreds of doors all leading out to hundreds of different passages all around him.

(edited)

"E5!" Gentle Secret yelled back after hearing a response. She had her rapier strapped to her lab coat. Call her strange but her past experience had concluded that ponies coming down here were usually insane. Minus the chief executive and the inspector that comes down here and there. Besides those two, everypony else were insane when they walk down.

Clearing her head, she waited for the pony to arrive. Or the stallion for that matter. Waiting patiently near her lab door, she waited. By that, she sat on the crystal clear floor.

Edited by Demirari

"E5? You mean this one - OH CELESTIA WHAT IS THAT-" His voice cut off for a moment. "I THINK IT'S TRYING TO EAT ME! AGGHHHHhhhhh..." His voice cut off again. Some galloping could be heard, then, and a blue and black stallion fell over in front of Gentle Secret, covered in some sort of fluid.

Gentle Secret stared at the stallion on the floor a bit before taking a bit of the goo off and analyzing it. Then she spoke, "that wasn't E5, wherever you were." Then she wiped her hoof on a napkin before dropping it on the stallion. Then she sighed before standing up and opening her door.

"Clean yourself at A2, then get cleaning supplies at B8. Clean the floor and your mess. And a note, G1-20 are the weaponry rooms," then she entered her lab room and locked the door behind her. She went back to work on her experiment.

(edited)

"Because we both know how fantastic I am at navigating this place..." Midnight grumbled. He started down the hall, passing many rooms full of specimens, experiments, and who knows what else. He stopped at the cleaning room. Inside was a large machine with a single button on it. Since curiosity killed the cat, and not the pony, he pressed the button. Midnight was suddenly grabbed by the machine, pulled inside, and shut in. Inside, he was thoroughly cleaned. The machine even gave him a little blue bowtie! Once it was finished, he was shot back out and raced down the hall into the room full of cleaning supplies. After grabbing a kit, Midnight retraced his steps back to the lab and began to clean, whistling a mysterious song and whispering some of the lyrics. "...howling at the moon...or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne...Discooord..."

Edited by Ducksquack

Gentle Secret carefully aligned the mechanical arm before starting the machine. Watching carefully as the machine started on its job of finishing the crystal. It was an exciting day for her as she watched the progress bar. It was progressing slowly, one percent. It'll take three hours before the machine completes its mission. That means three hours of doing something else.

Midnight carefully put the equipment back and returned to the lab. He sat down and stared at the door for a minute. Then, realizing he was staring at a door, he rose and knocked on it.

"Hellloooooo...?" Midnight asked. "Gentle, you in there?" He walked over to the console on the left and pushed a few buttons. Nothing happened, and he sighed.

(edited)

Gentle Secret opened her door after unlocking it. Then she glanced at the stallion, "Good, you cleaned the mess. Come into the lab." She checked the floor before motioning for the stallion to enter the room.

The room itself was fairly large, enough to house around six teams of four scientists comfortably. There were many tables and equipment, along with cabinets and shelfs. Finally, there were four large wall-mounted TV screens. All in all, the lab was fairly high-tech. More than needed for a two-pony department wing.

Edited by Demirari

"Oooo, nice place you've got here! Plenty of room, huh?" Midnight smiled and looked at a machine working with a crystal. "That looks pretty nice... what are you doing with it?" He said before turning and looking at all of the other contraptions sitting around.

"It is a special crystal that I had spent working on. If it succeeds, it can power this department wing for a month with everything at maximums draw!" Gentle Secret proclaimed as she spun around the table where the machine was working on in an office chair.

Then she stopped the office chair, "As you can see, I am very excited for when it is done." She had returned to her normal calm demeanor. Then she kicked the office chair a bit before continuing, "I am Gentle Secret, are you my new colleague Midnight Comet?"

"No," Midnight said, turning to her. "I'm an NLR assassin sent here to kill you." He paused. "Yes, yes, of course I am! Pleasure to meet you. So, Secret - may I call you Secret? Or do you prefer something else? Well, anyways, what's first? Experimenting on alien beasts? Making sandwiches come to life? Huh, huh?" He said as he jumped up in the air.

"It is allowed," Gentle Secret replied with a smile at Midnight Comet's personality as of current. Maybe insane, but probably more energetic. Probably due to all the things he was listing off right now. Many of those are probably what they were probably going to do.

She dusted her lab coat for the 9th time of the day already, a habit of hers. Then she continued, "Probably experimenting on a creature to see if we can change some of its attributes."

"That... sounds... awesome! Let's get started!" Midnight looked down as Secret brushed off her lab coat again. "Umm... is that thing bothering you? Seems like it gets pretty dusty..." He smiled. "Mine is new and clean! But this is science, so it probably is going to get ruined immediately." He shrugged. "Eh, who cares?"

(edited)

"Oh? This?" Gentle Secret pointed at her lab coat, "It is a habit of mine really." Then she jumped off of her office chair and walked to a screen before turning it on via voice command. Then a map was brought up with a what seemed to be a hollowed cylinder with a screen beeping.

"Well then, let's make haste my colleague," then she walked out of the door without delay. Here comes test 1, time to see if her colleague was sane. Her TACPAD as it is called created a beam of light leading her to the lab.

Edited by Demirari

Midnight followed closely, observing the rooms as they walked pass. He then noticed Secret's TACPAD. "Oh, is that a TACPAD you have there? From Hay-lo?" He smiled as he walked next to her. "I love that game. Played it for hours everyday. Anyways, what is that cylinder?"

(edited)

"I suppose," Gentle Secret replied as she continued on, "it is a TACPAD." Then she lower herself to a small screen as a small beam traced her eyes before beeping green. Large amounts of text flashed before the door unlocked, its steel material making zero sound as it unlocked itself.

"Please follow," Gentle Secret spoke as she climbed a series of escalators before reaching a large catwalk. The catwalk was made up of reflective glass while being supported by carbon-fiber cables. It was truly a work of art and technological prowess.

Looking down was a large cylinder container with an unknown creature in the middle. Gentle Secret clicking on her TACPAD spoke after two large machinery arms inject liquid into the suspended creature, "This is Serpentus A-2."

She motioned at the creature, which was a large serpent-form creature. What was unusual were its large two blades on each side of its mouth. Followed along were eight sets of claws and finally a spiked tail.

Edited by Demirari

Midnight was completely amazed by the beautiful and technological design of the facility. He barely noticed the creature until he bumped right into Secret. "Oo, sorry. It's just so ama - whoa, what is that?!" He jumped. "Serpentus A-2? Wait, are those blades in its mouth?"

(edited)

"What is so amazing?" Gentle Secret replied as she turned around, her eyes having that mischievous look, "were you staring at something? I expected more professionalism… but if you are that blunt, please hold your hormones. Take me out for dinner first before such thoughts are to be translated to physical means." She winked at him.

Then her demeanor shifted dramatically, "Why yes, those are blades in its mouth."

Edited by Demirari

"Hey! I was talking about the - oh, never mind. We'll go get something to eat sometime. Anyways... where did you get this thing? I mean, I don't think something like this lives in the Everfree... does it? Or..." He laughed a bit. "'Were you staring at something? Please hold your hormones.' That was pretty funny..."

"Mmmhmmm," Gentle Secret only hummed back as she read the data that was coming to her TACPAD. Then she looked up afterwards, "We found this in a crater of some sorts, it weighs around two-tons." Then she returned to reading the data, her hoof moving data around as she readied the preparations. Each action was read and thought out carefully; one mishap and the two would be dead before they even know it.

Then she turned to face Midnight Comet, "Indeed we should go out sometime, now please follow me, we need to get into our suits before going down there." Then without delay, she started trotting to a nearby room that had the biohazard symbol printed on it.

"I'd like that." Midnight took another glance at the creature. He then followed Secret into the room. "So, it may be an alien, then?" He asked, looking straight at Gentle Secret to avoid any staring mishaps for the time-being. "It must be pretty dangerous, then... right?"

"It could be an alien, highly likely on that," Gentle Secret replied before unlocking two small doors. Inside were two high-tech armored suits and one of them had a TACPAD.

Entering one and having the door close, she later came out in the suit. Then she spoke, her voice projected by the suit a little, "Keep the TACPAD and jump into the suit."

Then she unlocked two other doors, this time having weaponry. Then she turned to Midnight Comet, "Please stop staring, highly rude. And yes, rather dangerous. Can cut through steel with perfect ease."