Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (1x1) That One Laboratory

Demirari

(edited)

"Disappointing. I kinda wanted to keep it down here." Midnight smiled. "Well, I'm sure we'll find something else just as shiny. We'll put it right over... there." He pointed to a spot on a shelf. "Where everypony can see it as long as they don't get assaulted by your door."

Edited by Ducksquack

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Assaulted by the door? I do not know what you mean of that," Gentle Secret was puzzled. Was her door that blunt in closing? There hasn't been any complaints about her door... though it was probably due to the lack of ponies in the department or giant laboratory for that matter. Then she continued on after her small train of thought that had diverged from the main course ended with a crash into a pond, "I do hope we find something just as shiny." 

"You know, when the door slams me in the face. Three times now." He rubbed his nose. "What could possibly be as shiny as that crystal, though? I mean, of all the shiny things in the world, out of ten... that gets a hundred. Really." Midnight then started giggling. "Well, we could always put your smile up there! Speaking of which, what toothpaste do you use? Your teeth are seriously white. And blinding."

"My teeth?" Gentle Secret raised one of her eyebrows at that, "I use Crest, why? I doubt they could be that blinding," then she flashed her teeth to see if they really. Then, deciding that it was rather foolish of her doing such an action, she tapped on her TACPAD, quickly scanning up some information.

(edited)

"Hmmmm. I use Colgate. For a fresh, clean feeling!" Midnight smiled and winked at a security camera. "Sorry. So, what now? It doesn't involve angry lizard monsters or anything, does it? I think I'm suddenly allergic." He shrugged. "And you know, with the lighting in this place, anyone's smile could blind somepony."

Edited by Ducksquack

Gentle Secret shook her head before tapping something's into her TACPAD, "Well, we are done for the day. Which is usually abnormal considering the records of this department." Consider the fact it takes them an entire week to get around finishing a job usually. More due to the insane ponies that once inhabited this laboratory.

"Done for the day? Well, then!" He danced around. "We can do whatever we want?" Midnight jumped in the air and continued to prance around, doing spins and whatnot. "So... whatcha wanna do, then?" Suddenly, Midnight's stomach rumbled. "Ooooo... well, I'm hungry. Wanna get something to eat?"

"Like where?" Gentle Secret asked flickering her ears, "I mean this entire building has around eight cafeterias." A sad thing to note is that Gentle Secret rarely, if ever, gets out into the open-wide world that she had honorably dubbed, 'outside world.' Call her a introvert, but she had always found herself closer to home in a lab environment than anything else.

(edited)

"Eight cafeterias? Umm..." Midnight looked at her dubiously. "We could go to one of those, yeah... or you know... we could go outside." He pointed to the ceiling and made an arch with his hooves over his head. "You know, that place with the sun... and the trees... and the animals..."

Edited by Ducksquack

(edited)

Gentle Secret cocked her head at that, "You mean outside the complex? It has been a while." And by while, it has been exactly three years, eight months, fifteen days, four hours, and thirty-two seconds. What does that mean? She rarely exited the building if ever after entering it.

Edited by Demirari

• 4 weeks later...

Midnight's eyebrows raised after hearing the statement. "You haven't been outside in nearly four years? That... isn't healthy..." He looked down. "I mean, have you even... interacted with a stallion for a reason not really related to work? I think we should go out."

"Maybe you're right," she responded after cocking her head a bit and thought for a while. It was, beyond any recognizable doubt, certainly true that she had rarely even interacted with the opposite gender with anything that didn't deal with work. That hadn't bothered her, till now of course, due to her mind wondering off to do assignments while her now-gone insane fellow scientists are gone.  Now, with what seemed to be a near-perfectly sane stallion and fellow employee that would probably, hopefully, help her with said assignments, it dawned to her: she needed to make some friends. It was certainly not the line-of-thought that included, I'm going to die as a virgin at this rate.

@@Demirari,

Midnight smiled at the sight of the look on her face. "Ohhh,yeah! You think I'm right, don't you? We gotta get you outside... and, if you so desire..." He laughed out extremely loudly for a moment. "...a stallion." He proceeded to fall on the floor and roll around laughing. "This is gonna be SO fun. You, talking to a stallion about something OTHER than work? Bwhahaha!" Midnight suddenly paused. "We haven't really talked about anything other than work so far until now, huh?"

(I'm quacking up here :3)

Gentle Secret blushed in embarrassment at that as she looked away, "Yeah…" then she stomped her front hoof on the ground, "stop laughing!" This was an ol' forgotten of hers, embarrassment. Damn her colleague got causing this! Huffing, she walked off to where she thought the exit was.

@@Demirari,

"Okay, I'm sorry." He got up, walked over to her, and put his hoof on her shoulder. "Are ya up for it? We can have some fun!" Midnight beamed and then nodded. "C'mon, let's get fix you up with a stallion. Hey, maybe I'll pick up a mare while we're out! That'd be fun. I think I can talk to them normally now!"

Gentle Secret nodded slowly as she contradictingly rushed to the exit. Thoughts of topics bid for their stake in her mind as she listened to her colleague ramble on. Fix one up with a stallion? What does that mean? How can one is she isn't broken? And pickup a mare? Why pick up one? Wouldn't it be heavy and a waste of energy to carry a passenger on one's self?

@@Demirari,

"Wait, wait. You probably don't know what I mean by that. I mean... do you want to get... laid? You know... coitus?" He sheepishly rubbed his neck and looked down. "Errr... yeah. Let's just go." He galloped to the exit and pushed her out. "Sorry if I'm making you feel uncomfortable..."

"Oh!" That made more sense to Gentle Secret now. But… the idioms made no sense to Gentle Secret as she gave no resistance to the push. Then her wars flickered before she responded, "no, no, it's ok." That, in itself, a lie that she had in a split-second constructed. In truth, this was beyond any mere words that could describe the strangeness of this situation.

Maybe she should be insulted or embarrassed; she doesn't really know, just nod. And the sudden greeting of the sun and wind distracted her from the pressing thoughts. It was strange and eye-blinding to be up here again for her.

@@Demirari,

Midnight could feel how confused Secret really was. "Okay, look. Just... ignore everything I've said. We're gonna go, get some nice food, maybe talk with some ponies, and have a good time. Okay?" He said, putting his hoof on her shoulder. Noticing how the sun seemed to be odd to her, Midnight proceeded to fall to his knees dramatically and scream "OOOOOOOHHHHH, THE SUN! IT BURNS MEEEEEE! AHHHHHHHHH!" He added to the scene by rolling around on his back flailing his legs around. "WHAT A WOOOOOOOORLD!"

(edited)

Gentle Secret jumped back at the sudden actions of her colleague. What was going on? The sun shouldn't be burning alive her colleague unless it suddenly shined nine-hundred degrees of light on Midnight, though that was highly illogical... impossible. Acting on her instincts, she pinned Midnight onto the ground before throwing him, not-so-gently underneath the shades of a tree that belonged to a column. That column which beautified the otherwise, bland, old, and cracked road that led into and out of the large building. 

Edited by Demirari

@@Demirari,

Although Midnight was somewhat surprised by Secret's actions, he quickly realized that she actually thought he was burning and everything was justified. "Oh, sweet shade! Thank you! My HERO!" He picked her up, spun her around, and then confessed, "I wasn't actually burning. Glad to see my acting skills are still functional, though!"

Feeling blood swishing around and her sense of balance and vision getting blurred by the spinning, she nodded her head. It would appear her colleague is beyond active with her expectations. Then she spoke, feeling that Midnight should stop now, "Ok! Ok! Put me down!"

@@Demirari,

Quickly realizing that he had practically made the contents of her head into a smoothie, Midnight put Secret down. "Again, sorry. So, where do you want to go?" He cast a spell and a map of the nearby area appeared in front of his face. Midnight showed it to Secret. "Where first?"

"Ummmm," Gentle Secret tried to focus as her vision was still blurry. Her hoof traced the map a bit, unsure before pointing at a movie theater; her intended target was a café, but her eye to hoof coordination was poor due to her current condition. Them she blinked a bit, "Yeah, there."

(edited)

@@Demirari,

"The movie theater? Ooo, ooo! There are some good movies out right now. What kinds are you into?" He magically summoned another object, this one with a list of all the movies currently out. "Hmmm... let's see... The Other Mare, Pon-zilla, The Amazing Spider-Mare, Neighbors, Million Bit Hoof... wait, did that one come out yet? Hmmm..."

Edited by Ducksquack