Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (1x1) That One Laboratory

Demirari

(edited)

Gentle Secret shook her head in amusement, stifling her small laughter with one of her hooves. She can clearly see that her colleague had a bit too much caffeine in his blood system. It appears her new colleague is rather strange, she can handle strange. Though how strange and how far is her limit would be the main question.

"Maybe," Gentle Secret replied, her voice amused as she walked toward the elevator. She had sent a request to the upper-levels to get some ponies down here to repair the walls and all. After all, she couldn't let the serpent sleep there and so far away from the containment chamber.

Edited by Demirari

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry if I seem a little odd to you. I'm just pretty hyper in new environments." He said to her, getting into the elevator. "I'm also a bit off whenever I'm around mares. Sorry." He smiled warmly and then looked down at his hooves. "Yeaaaaah. Awkward." Midnight glanced at her for a second and then looked back at his hooves. "Happens quite a lot."

(edited)

"The worst situation I'm guessing?" Gentle Secret asked as the elevator started moving upwards. It appears to her as the elevator moved upwards that her colleague is going to be rather strange for some time. Hopefully not permanent, and high chance that her colleague is going to be strange for that duration of time.

Then her TACPAD blinked as she quickly read the message. The head is coming down and her request was approved. One good thing and the other a not-so-good event. Her face still remaining a brilliant shine of smile; however, she was in deep thought of the reason why. The serpent did break free from its containment cell; that was normal for the giant research building. So what was the reason?

Edited by Demirari

(edited)

Midnight whistled awkwardly as he examined his TACPAD. He then again glanced at Secret, and then focused on the elevator buttons. "Well... yeah. Gosh, elevators can be so awkward, right?" He chuckled and then looked at the floor progress above the door. "You know, that actually didn't end as badly as I though it would." He smiled. "I have this friend in Canterlot. All of the mares love him. He once said to me that you should avoid elevators when hanging out with a mare whom's plot you may or may not have stared at."

Edited by Ducksquack

(edited)

Gentle Secret looked up from her TACPAD, "Really? That is rather interesting, and a bold thing to say. I am from Canterlot, I highly doubt that every mare would 'love him.'" Then she waited as the doors finally slid open, leading them to higher ground and safety.

"And those are wise words from your friend," after the small comment, Gentle Secret then trotted to the weaponry room, motioning for her colleague to follow. Then she continued as she scanned her code into the keypad, "May or may not? I doubt there are two answers Midnight Comet."

Smiling softly, she entered the weaponry room to take off her suit. And as fast as the last time, she entered and exited her small assembly room in a minute. One of the great gifts of this research building and department room.

Edited by Demirari

(edited)

"Yes, he may have found the 50 mares in Canterlot who aren't as sophisticated as everypony else. Lucky guy. Well, not really." Midnight smiled. He went into the room and took much more time, as he got a big stuck inside the suit. "Ummm... Secret? A little help here? I'm, uh... stuck..."

Edited by Ducksquack

(edited)

"Stuck?" Gentle Secret questioned as she unlocked the door. She was confused and most importantly of all, amazed. The machinery should had disassembled the suit within a heartbeat. One does not simply get stuck in the suit inside the assembly unit.

"Don't move," Gentle Secret spoke as she connected her TACPAD to Midnight Comet's suit. Tapping a few buttons with her magic, she quickly saw a checkmark form. That was a good sign as she tried override the suit's unity protocol. Hopefully this would work; It was a second way to disassemble the suit.

Then a thought aroused as she waited for the override to activate, "May I call you Comet? Midnight Comet sounds… strange to keep saying all the time." She hoped that it was possible. There was something about saying pony names fully all the time that struck to her as strange and unnatural.

Edited by Demirari

"Please, go ahead. Comet is fine. Now, um... please get me out of here? I think I'm losing circulation to my hoof. Like, really. Quickly. Please." Midnight said. He flailed around a bit before the suit flipped over with Midnight in it. "Ahhh! Wow... I feel pretty vulnerable..." Midnight cringed.

"Feeling weak without the armor on? Yeah, it is a strange feeling once the armor falls off," Gentle Secret nodded her head, understanding as she clicked another button. Sooner than later, the mechanical arms collected the pieces of armor laying on the metal surface of the floor.

"Please follow me," Gentle Secret spoke as she exited the weaponry room, "we must greet the head and the ponies coming down to repair the damage." Waiting patiently for Comet to come along, she tapped on her TACPAD. Ten minutes before they arrive.

Midnight scrambled to his feet and jumped up. "Inspection, eh? Well, that's great. Do we get a bonus because I'm still alive?" He asked, giggling. "Thanks for getting me out of there, by the way. Ooookay, to the main hall! Wait, is that where we're going?" He shrugged. "Well, you lead the way, chief."

"Indeed, please follow," Gentle Secret replied, motioning for Comet to follow her down the halls. Like she had walked through the walls a hundred times, she walked through the twist and turns without any delay. Then she finally stepped onto the main hallway. And the main hallway was certainly something with its high-grade marble flooring and glass panels for the walls of the rooms stationed near the hallway.

The main hallway was mainly for show of course. It usually gives newcomers something to appreciate. If one continued onwards, the rooms become less anesthetically pleasing--they were still, but less of the grandeur of the rooms near the main hall. Then finally the main entrance to the department wing. The head and maintenance ponies should arrive in three minutes.

Midnight brushed off his lab coat and attempted to make himself look as presentable as possible for the guests. "Alright. Are they going to do an inspection? I hope they don't take the giant dents in the wall down there too badly. Anyways, lets get this over with."

"They probably would complain to the executives and would yell at us for a week," Gentle Secret replied as she nodded her head to the though. Such things had definitely happened before, and this time certainly wouldn't be any different. After all, everyone in this research building knew what this department wing was like. It was one of the worst offenders in ruining the building. Of course, most of the time it wasn't their fault, but the others weren't keen enough to be listening to their exploits... or her exploits for that matter.

The main entrance opened as a team of guards moved forward, their body encased in armor. Then they stopped in a half-circle with their weaponry aimed at all directions. Next came the maintenance ponies with their standard yellow uniforms and tools. This time, they brought in a giant cart filled with supplies. Finally, the last arrival that was the most important of the guests was the head executive. 

"Nice security team, eh?" Midnight noted. "That armor fits them much better." He then saw the head executive and jumped behind Secret. "What is THAT - oh, wait. That's just the head executive. Ohhh boy." He looked down and then gave the executive a small wave/ "Hi..." He smiled a little.

"Hello," a smooth and crisp voice responded as a stallion exited the security of the security team. Sporting a suit and a tie, he walked toward them with a clear purpose, his white-coat blending in with the surrounding and his black-mane being the largest contrast. Then he stopped in front of them, "I heard there were some issues with the serpent, is that true?" His voice while bland demanded the absolute truth.

"Most certainly sir," Gentle Secret replied as the Head Executive nodded his head before looking at the two, then he motioned his hoof, a gesture that demanded an explanation. Gentle Secret provided it as the maintenance ponies started moving, "The creature woke up due to some complications and was luckily subdued before it could do any major damage."

"The maintenance folks will see to that," then the Head Executive moved to the room where the serpent laid with his security team in tow. 

"Yes, just some dents and bruises here and there. Nothing much." Midnight said, trying to mimic the stallion's smooth voice. "Nothing much." He repeated. Midnight then glanced over at Secret, making a face that was trying to copy the stallion's. He then mouthed the words "blah blah blah" and looked back to the stallion with composure.

Gentle Secret allowed a smile smile to form before killing it as the Head looked back before disappearing with his security guards. Then after making sure that the Head Executive wasn't near their vicinity, Gentle Secret allowed herself to laugh for a while. It was truly something humorous to her, no one had yet tried to make a parody of the Head Executive as of yet. Most ponies are scared to death to be even near him.

Midnight also broke out into laughter. "That was perfect!" He said, nearly falling over and rolling around. "But, uh..." he said with sudden seriousness in his voice, "you seemed to be a bit scared of him. Why?" He asked with a slightly concerned look on his face. "Are you worried they'll shut you down?"

"It isn't only that," Gentle Secret replied, "it is his position and such." Then she took a few steps toward her laboratory being stopping, "I heard of stories where failures and disobedience were taken not lightly at all. In fact, I heard there were cases of torture." Then she continued walking after taking a small pause.

"This department I heard before used to be filled with other researchers, though I'm not really sure what happened to the others," then she opened her laboratory door and disappeared into her lab room.

"Torture?!" Midnight screamed. "Wow, that's some spooky stuff... better not let him catch me do that again." Midnight followed her. "Or is he just too much of a stallion for you to handle?" He giggled, and then flew back as the lab door shut in his face. He groaned. "Ughhhh! Secret, may I come in?"

The door reopened soon after that with Gentle Secret grinning. "Of course Comet!" Then she went back into her lab room, jumping on her office chair and sliding to her lab station. Doing what was rather amazing with parking, she observed the final product of her experiments.

Holding it tenderly with her magic, she felt victorious, this was it! Hours and gallons of coffee resulted in this. It was magical to her. Finally, at last, they did something that was productive!

"It's... so shiny..." Midnight looked in amazement over Secret's shoulder. "But... ummm... what is it going to do? I guess you could sell it to a museum, or something. Then again, I think it would blind to many ponies." Midnight said, rubbing his eyes. "They hurt from the amazement!"

"Why would I give the world's first most efficient energy generator to a museum?" Gentle Secret raised one of her eyebrows as she carefully placed it into a small little glass box. Then she switched off the machine that created the crystal and faced Comet.

"So we could blind ponies and get sued! No, wait, wait." He smirked. "How long did that take you to make, anyways? You certainly get an A for effort." He glanced again at the crystal again as his eyes shined with amazement. "Yeah, do not give that to a museum. Well, I'm impressed. What do you plan on doing with it?"

"I'll probably have to ship it to the upper departments and let them decide what to do with it." Gentle Secret replied solemnly as she held the glass casing careful, entranced by the beauty of the crystalline object held inside its protective casing. It was a sad thing as she couldn't hold such things and would be forced to give it to the greedy folks upstairs. At least the department and herself would get a bonus in their pay.