Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (1x1) That One Laboratory

Demirari

"Steel? Then how is it... oh, nevermind." He got into a suit, took a TACPAD, and took a gun out of the room with his magic. "So... there is probably a high chance of injury here, yes? Considering that we're working with a giant alien monster with blades in its mouth, guarded by nothing but armor and gun - oh, wait. That's pretty decent defense."

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're probably going to die if we screw up," Gentle Secret replied rather bluntly as she exited the room. Then she continued, "It is better than being in a lab coat without any form of weaponry, agreeable?" Then she continued without waiting for an answer, heading towards an elevator.

Pushing a button, she waited for the elevator to come up. While waiting, Gentle Secret forwards a packet of information about the lab and the creature in General to Midnight Comet.

Midnight received the information and began to review it. Wow, this thing is... remarkable. Remarkably terrifying..." He shuddered and then looked at the gun. "This is a pretty nice piece of weaponry you have here... will it do anything if that thing gets out, however?"

The elevator pulls up with the standard, "BING!" Then the doors slid open, and by that, there were four sets of doors opening. The first layer was the door connecting with the walls, a standard steel sliding-door. Then the second was a form of glass that was designed to handle large punishment. The third was a reinforced steel door that was reinforced with carbon-fiber rods and magic. The final fourth door was another set of glass, though it was double the thickness, the last defense if the beast manages to penetrate the first three doors.

"Our weaponry should be able to inflict minor to major injuries depending on where we shoot. However, in our panicked stage, it'll probably be next-to-worthless against the beast as we'll be shooting randomly at the beast," Gentle Secret replied as she entered the elevator, "you following?"

"Ahhh... so if we panic, we're dead. So we're basically dead. I love a little bitter encouragement!" The elevator arrived. "Oh, look! Doors! I love doors! So many doors! For extra safety, I guess. Now, what first?" He asked, staring at the creature. It made eye contact with him and he quickly looked at Secret to avoid its stare.

"Yes, that is basically what I meant," Gentle Secret replied as the elevator took them down to the  first entrance to the creature. They were small rectangle hallways with one side facing the creature with open glass. This was A1, or Wall 1 of the creature; A1 was the first wall or sector where one would have to bypass in order to reach the creature. The walls were made up of standard titanium material with graphite glass facing the creature. 

Continuing onwards undeterred with the creature screeching, Gentle Secret opened the door to A2, another rectangle hallway that was closer to the creature. Then she stopped and waited as the same mechanical arms injected more liquid into the creature's containment prison. Then she watched as the creature became more docile by the second before speaking, "Follow me." Then she continued before finally reaching B1. And B1 was more highly secure than A1-2, with higher grade of material and with the glass behind reinforced by bars of metal. 

Midnight crept slowly behind Gentle Secret as they got closer and closer to the alien and went through more protective doors, becoming more vulnerable. "Umm... Gentle? What are we supposed to be doing with this thing, anyways...?" He then noticed the mechanical arms. "Oh, sedative. Nice..."

"We're suppose to check if there are any cracks and retrieve a small chip and implant a new chip that records the creature's activities," Gentle Secret responded as she passed the final protection that separated them from the beast. All that defied the creature was a large thick glass wall. Not the best position to be in, but she continued on, working as fast as possible. The screen on her TACPAD only showed 10:00, or 10 minutes. They had ten minutes to avoid the creature and take the chip. It should be more than enough time, and if they screw up, they only had 30 seconds to run back to the protective walls and wait for the higher ups to contain the creature. 

"Wait, wait, wait. A chip? In its body? Oh... we're going to have to climb on top of this thing, aren't we? I can only see this ending in blood and pain, but... for science! You lead the charge, then, chief. I'll just stay behind you. No, not for THAT reason. Really, no. Don't." Midnight smiled briefly and then shook his head, looking at the creature.

Gentle Secret nodded her head, then rolled her eyes as she opened the door. With the difference of air pressure, the door hissed as it opened then soon than later, Gentle Secret entered the chamber. Then she immediately got to climbing the serpent who was rather docile as of now; she had made sure to inject 300mg more than the normal into the great beast. Climbing up the hard scale with hooves was a rather hard thing, but she persisted upwards, motioning for Midnight Comet to follow. 

Midnight cautiously and nervously began to climb the monster after Secret. He carefully observed the scale shielding the creature. "This scale looks as if it could withstand a tank blast..." He whispered. Suddenly, he lost his hoofing and slipped down a foot, nearly smacking the creature with his hoof. "Ohhhhh boy..."

"You okay?" Gentle Secret replied, looking down, making sure not to lose her hoofing. Noting that her colleague hadn't fell to his death or anything, she kept climbing up the beast. From her calculations and estimations, there was only 100 more meters to go to reach the chip that was implemented on this giant beast. If the chip could had been placed lower, she would had placed it, but nope, had to be the center of the nervous system.

"Yes, yes. I'm fine. How much higher must we climb this thing? We're so high up I think I can see some snow. And is it just me, or is the air... thinner up here?" He chuckled and then quickly stopped as he felt his hoof slip again. "Nyaaaaah! You wouldn't possibly have any grappling hooks or teleporters or anything, right?

"If you want to disturb the beast with a grappling hook, by all means, say, 'Activate Grappling Hook,'" Gentle Secret replied, quickly canceling the command as she climbed up. The  faster they get this done, the better, and it better be soon. The TACPAD clock had informed her that they only had 5:00 and counting left. To her, that means their time was running out as she continued on. 

"That may not be the best decision." Midnight said, making more progress. "How much longer? 10 meters? 20 meters? I've lost track of how far we've gone..." He kept going, carefully avoid all obstacles and making sure that he didn't loose his hoofing. If he did, they're dead.

(edited)

"Two meters," Gentle Secret replied as she climbed the last few meters. Just there, nearly, Gentle Secret thought to herself as she grabbed the chip with her magic and implanted a new one. Nodding a bit after checking if the chip is tight, she climbed back down a bit.

"We're done," Gentle Secret replied, sighing in half-relief. Now they got three minutes to get down and start galloping. And she started doing that as fast as her hooves can move. And she was rather fast as she starting moving further and further down.

Edited by Demirari

Midnight began to follow, but suddenly slipped, sliding down the side of the monster. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh-" He shut his mouth, hoping to not wake up the creature. He violently reached the ground and slid a few meters away from the monster, before getting up and nervously galloping further. "I hope I didn't wake that thing up!" He yelled, quickly shutting his mouth again.

Gentle Secret drops down afterwards, her rifle pointing at the beast. The red dot traced over the forum as she whispered, "move, move it." Then she quickly started moving back as the serpent made a sound as the eyelid slowly opened. Reaching the door and passing it, she hid behind the glass wall, not much of a protection. Then she motioned for Midnight Comet to follow. 

Midnight wildly ran past Secret, running right into another door. He banged on it several times, hoping it would open, and then stopped when he realized that Gentle Secret probably could enter the code and open it in a second. "Come on, come on!" He shouted. "It's STARING AT ME!"

Gentle Secret nodded her head and galloped to the keypad and punched in the numbers. Then waiting not-so-patiently, she waited as the door opened. Not waiting for anything, she passed the second door as the serpent started hitting the glass walls.

Gentle Secret needed to reach the control panel to inject the chemicals again. And she needed to do this as fast as possible. Keeping her rifle at ready, she motioned Midnight Comet to move.

Midnight again galloped past Secret to the next door. He stared at the number pad and noticed 3 numbers were a little bit more used that the others. He pressed the 3 in a random order and pressed another random number. He tried it again. Midnight finally tried it one more time, and the door slid open. "What?! Haha!" He beamed, passing through the doorway.

Gentle Secret shaking her head in wonder before passing the door and locking it. Then she spoke in wonder, "How did you unlock this door?" Did Midnight Comet paid enough attention to the numbers she was tapping or was through sheer luck? If it was the former, than her colleague had most definitely won her respect. Especially in such a situation where there is a serpent that wants to make them into lunch.

Right after that, she bolted for the fourth set of door. Tapping the numbers, she opened it and motioned her colleague to follow. While the walls were built to handle such a beast, they won't last forever for sure. Right after that line of thought ended, she opened up B2's door. 

"Oh, well, I noticed that some of the numbers were a tiny bit more used than the others. With a more limited selection, I could figure out a code. Easy stuff, really." He said, beaming with pride. "Now, lets get to that control panel, and FAST! It's gaining on us!" Midnight fired a few shots at the monster, which seemed to make it even more angry. "Gaaaah!"

Gentle Secret nodded her head as she continued onwards, racing through the defensive walls and gates. Then she immediately went for the nearest console and began typing in information. Her hooves were all but a blur along with her magic. Then she clicked on last button before the mechanical arms started moving. Waiting not-so-patiently, she activated two more mechanical arms to assist the other two. It was most definite that she was in panic as she watched the mechanical arms start moving.

----

The serpent screeched, causing the glass panels to shake from the vibrations as it pounded at the B1 walls. Yet with all of its might, the walls stood firm as the arms moved in closer. It of course didn't stand still, but that itself wasn't enough as one needle pierced through its scales with ease. It calmed down a little. Then another jab from another needle. It collapsed. Then the third needle jabbed into its skull, it stopped moving. The fourth needle all, but secured the creature in its slumber. 

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! Get some!" Midnight cheered. "Great job. Now that that thing is asleep... we can get onwards with more cool and probably life threating stuff, right?" He jumped around, and then stopped abruptly. "Sorry, I had a little bit too much coffee this morning."