Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ride on the ponys?

ZooZLight

(edited)

Isn't this riding thing in MLP:FiM strange?

rodeo_spike_vs_rainbow_dash_by_sulyo-d61

img-2599976-2-Twilight_With_Her_Saddle_S

Edit: I changed the first picture because it seemed to be bugged.

Edited by ZooZLight

For the second picture, it's implied that saddles are a form of clothing for ponies. Sort of like a coat or the like, in the context of when they most appeared (Winter Wrap Up).

For the first picture, I dunno. Horses are strong creatures relative to their size, and if that holds true in Equestria that probably means they don't see much harm in carrying things around like horses do on our world. Sort of a cultural difference between humans and ponies, like clothes not being mandatory for pony decency. Besides, Spike's a baby. He's probably pretty light.

• Brohoof 1

I've always found it a bit strange that the ponies wear saddles as a fashion accessory. But I guess we humans have strange fashion, too. But... Idk. I don't understand how the saddle could have been developed if no one had been riding on them. O_o

My non-brony roommate pointed this out the other day. I was downloading Portal on my PS3 and watching ponies at the same time and he pointed it out in the one where Rarity gets kidnapped by dogs.

He said, "As the dominant species in their world, isn't it a little demeaning to them to be ridden?" :lol:

(edited)

@moonlightavenger

OK a short summary...

PONYS

RIDING

SADDLE

STRANGE

i hope that helped :)

Ok Space Woona is better in explaining :lol:

Edited by ZooZLight

Well, I don't see the problem. Saddles are a "piece of clothing" that horses use in the real world. If a pony saw a horse with a saddle, in our world, it would think it's curious until it saw a human on the horse's back. Rarity might think that the saddle needs more sequins, Applejack would think that it's practical, since it serves a purpose.

About riding itself... Do horses dislike being ridden? I know of horses that HATE the idea of it but it's because they've been mistreated either by ignorance or malevolence from his humans partners. And I've seen horses that seem to like it. It's like training a dog to search for something. If he thinks that it's fun, he'll enjoy doing it.

If ponies came to our world and they would take children (they ARE small...) in pony rides... I bet Pinkie would have a lot of fun. Of course, if they would be FORCED into letting other ride them, it would be different. But so is for everything.

I don't find it weird when Spike rides Twilight. The saddles probably just a piece of clothing.

I've always wondered why they all make Spike carry their heavy luggage in the show. Ponies (horses) are strong animals, yes? So you think they could carry their own stuff rather than make a baby dragon do it for them.