Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Discord will change?

Tabe

This post contains spoilers of the Season 4 finale, so if you have not watched it yet, go and do so, and brace yourself, it is THE best episode of MLP.

So now that Discord is 100% truly transformed and considered a friend of the mane 6, do you think he will change at all?

Before he used to play small pranks and just generally mess around with everypony, and that was because he was neither good nor bad but now he is good once he realised who his true friends are.

Will we see the same Discord in season 5? What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

I think Discord will still have the same trickster, ridiculous personality that he's always has. But fundamentally, he will have a good heart, and his intention, though probably mischievous, will be ultimately good.

Hopefully, the biggest change won't necessarily be Discord, as much as it is the ponies. I feel that if the rest of the Mane 6 start acting like his friends, he will reciprocate. :D

• Brohoof 1

I believe Discord will have the same oddball sense of humor and trickery, but I also believe he'll know when he's about to go too far and he'll steer away from that path.

• Brohoof 1

Discord will still be the same mischievous draconnequs of trickery with the same personality to boot, and he will learn not to go off track when it comes to friendship.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really sure how to answer this. But after watching the Finale, I honestly believe that Discord has finally learned the lesson he needed to truly be "reformed". You can tell by the look on his face when he tells Applejack that he truly did not see it coming. Discord has really changed this time, I know it for a fact.

I feel like he's legitimately learned his lesson about harming others now. That doesn't mean he won't still play pranks, or tell riddles, or be ridiculous. That's part of his personality and it would be detrimental to the character to take those away. I do think he'll be more friendly and open now, and know when he's going too far.

He'll be more like Pinkie. Chaotic, random, strange, and a bit mischievous. But ultimately good, and well-meaning.