Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Does Everypony Think Of FlutterCord?

Saphipony

Honestly I would just say that it's only a fan type of thing let it be other than that I really don't care about who loves what as long as the majority don't kind or bitch then I'm good

Any shipping in the show is pretty much an all around TERRIBLE idea. However people seem to think that just because it is Flutters and Discord, a male and a female who have a good relationship in the show, that means they have to date. The more I see this the more I don't understand why people have this idea that, just because 2 characters are good friends that HAS to mean that they are going to date. Why can't they just be friends, would that somehow ruin the show for you?

• Brohoof 3

@@Bryght Knowledge, as a thread already exists for the discussion of the Fluttercord ship, I have merged your thread with a pre-existing one. Please use the search function to ensure your topic of discussion isn't already established elsewhere. :)

Any shipping in the show is pretty much an all around TERRIBLE idea. However people seem to think that just because it is Flutters and Discord, a male and a female who have a good relationship in the show, that means they have to date. The more I see this the more I don't understand why people have this idea that, just because 2 characters are good friends that HAS to mean that they are going to date. Why can't they just be friends, would that somehow ruin the show for you?

That apply to every character who is a friend with one another. You probably already noticed that shipping of Mane6/mane6 are the most popular shippings. It isnt related to the fact that Discord is a guy. Its because they like eachother. Its a similar case as with Spike/Rarity and Cheerilee/Big Macintosh although somehow its got more attention because head writers favourite character is Discord and since she also enjoy his friendship with Fluttershy it generates  more fans of the ship.

That apply to every character who is a friend with one another. You probably already noticed that shipping of Mane6/mane6 are the most popular shippings. It isnt related to the fact that Discord is a guy. Its because they like eachother. Its a similar case as with Spike/Rarity and Cheerilee/Big Macintosh although somehow its got more attention because head writers favourite character is Discord and since she also enjoy his friendship with Fluttershy it generates more fans of the ship.

I meant in general I don't like the whole thing, the "If they are friends they must be in love" deal lol

I'm more of a Dislestia fangirl.  :wub:

I think of Fluttershy more like his mom or his sister.

Especially when she says things like, "Isn't that right, my wittle patient?" and when she scolds him like a naughty child or a poorly behaved pet (which isn't too far off to be honest). XD

That said I have absolutely nothing against FlutterCord. Or DiscoPie or DiscoLight.

I totally see where all of the fans of these pairing are coming from. But Dislestia is my OTP and favorite pairing.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I friendship it! I honestly don't think I've ever shipped anything romantically...so maybe that's just me. I'm not really a romantic. But I think the friendship between these two characters is the sweetest thing on the show. If it becomes canon (which I doubt) that their relationship is more than that I can roll with that too. Nothing against it, I just find other forms of love (family, friends) to be more intriguing. :twi:

Either way with me.  If it goes romantic, that's cool, at least we'll finally have a canon ship better than Flashlight. If it never does go romantic, they're still good friends and I like that. 

• 8 years later...
On 2014-11-23 at 10:28 AM, KokuraiNoSenshi said:

Why can't they just be friends, would that somehow ruin the show for you?

Would them being more than friends ruin the show for you?

It's pretty cute and my favorite ship involving either Discord or Fluttershy.