Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Does Everypony Think Of FlutterCord?

Saphipony

I feel like this should be turned into a smiley on here. I would use the heck out of it.

Oh, and it would be interesting, but only if Discord turned into a pony. :blush:  I would just like Fluttershy to have children one day, but I don't mind the Celestia pairing with Discord as he is now (I just don't see Celestia having children). Discord is cute with either one of them, really.

Edited by HopeFul

source? What is that from?

didn't even have to read the comic to know that it was wrong (well, the cat was wrong, anyway). Fluttershy is Discord's friend (which was why he wanted to show her animals from the past she's never seen before, and why he listens to her in the show- acknowledging her as his FRIEND), as well as the CMC. And Twilight. Which was why he gave her Tirek's brother's necklace, after he learned the importance of friendship. They're all his friends, and it's meaningless to ship any of them romantically with him.

didn't even have to read the comic to know that it was wrong (well, the cat was wrong, anyway). Fluttershy is Discord's friend (which was why he wanted to show her animals from the past she's never seen before, and why he listens to her in the show- acknowledging her as his FRIEND), as well as the CMC. And Twilight. Which was why he gave her Tirek's brother's necklace, after he learned the importance of friendship. They're all his friends, and it's meaningless to ship any of them romantically with him.

This is like your personal opinion

• 2 weeks later...

I think Discord goes well with Celestia. I don't really see Fluttercord all that much.

Dislestia OTP

img-2619902-1-BnS3H4eCMAAV5H8.png

But in a serious note I feel like Discord at times takes advantage of Fluttershy way too much, and I feel like she's too much of a doormat to do anything about it.

But why does Discord go well with Celestia? This is why I don't like Dislestia, they can't give much evidence and good points on it.  >_>  :okiedokielokie:

But why does Discord go well with Celestia? This is why I don't like Dislestia, they can't give much evidence and good points on it.  >_>  :okiedokielokie:

There's also no evidence about Fluttercord either. The way Fluttershy is kind to everyone she could very well be the same to Discord.

Deal with it Fluttercord shippers.

No ship will become canon...

No ship will ever become something more than distantly alluded...

And if it does Trixie will c***block it!!!

full.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

There is actually a high chance that we're going to get Discord turned into Spike with one sided crush in S5.

That rumor have been traced to belong to this source:

http://a-happy-pear.tumblr.com/post/86009310105/dallas-comic-con-so-far

http://a-happy-pear.tumblr.com/post/86009463435/mlp-season-5-spoliers

If this tumblr blogger is speaking the truth then Discord being jealous of Fluttershy might shake the shipping community.

There is also comic with Discord, Fluttershy and CMC together coming in October with this wierd scene.

img-2879044-3-230852.jpg

It seems that this ship is getting restocked with new sails, cannons and crew  ;) 

I remember reading that spoiler! Oh I just hope it's true!  :umad:

Its also meaningless to argue over the meaninglessness of whom to ship with whom. Shipping is a fun pass time for some people to add a bit of color and head canon to the shows they like. Then there are those who like to poor buckets of cold water on other people fun just because they themselves don't find it entertaining.

Kinda like Anti bronies. 

• Brohoof 1

There's also no evidence about Fluttercord either. The way Fluttershy is kind to everyone she could very well be the same to Discord.

Deal with it Fluttercord shippers.

No ship will become canon...

No ship will ever become something more than distantly alluded...

And if it does Trixie will c***block it!!!

full.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

Lol, meh I still think Fluttercord is cute, but I don't like to say if things are canon or not. That would be disrespectful. :P

• Brohoof 1

Lol, meh I still think Fluttercord is cute, but I don't like to say if things are canon or not. That would be disrespectful. :P

Idd... meh i ship my ponysona/oc with Queen Chrysalis! Eh! We all got a taste. It's cute really but that's all there is to it. I don't see them doing something more than just being... cute together.

• Brohoof 1

Well, fluttercord has the highest chances.

Well lets see, from what i remember there were 5 main Fluttershy ships

1)Fluttercord that got the most screentime in the show and a ship tease in comics. It also contain 2 unrelated by blood characters with opposite gender. I dont think it was ever torpedoed in any way either in the show or comics even though it would require just a single line "shes like daughter to me". Chances 9/10 - "theme" of the show is the only thing that stopping them

2)Fluttermac. While it would be an obvious choice in 1st and 2nd season since they are both shy and BM is one of the few male cast with somewhat speaking roles(along with Spike and Discord), it was heavily torpedoed by Heart and Hoof Day episode where he got closer to Cheerilee and while they didnt become a couple for good, they become one for FiM animators/storyboard artists (in the background) and for comic writers. Chances 4/10 - it could still happen but its very unlikely with established CheeriMac fanbase

3)FlutterDash. They surely had more screentime and probably more bonding than Fluttercord but the fact that same sex relationship will probably never see the light of day make this couple "hidden in the closet" for any writer for the show. And they will simply ignore them or be less likely to ever give it any shipping fuel. Chances 0/10 or 9/10 if FiM will feature open gay couples

4)Iron Will/Fluttershy. While it was never a big ship it doesnt really matter now. It was destroyed with a recent comic. Iron Will is married to female minotaur and they both have a kid. End of story, end of shipping. Chances 0/10

5)FlutterBulk. While based only on one episode, it could be also called a "lesser Fluttermac". Because they both had little screentime, both contain 2 shy characters and both male characters say few words. The only reason for "lesser" is because Bulk Biceps have a same status in the show like Derpy,Lyra, BonBon, Doctor Whooves and other BG ponies. His importance is too low to become a reccuring character with own episodes or to develop him with mane6 character. Its very likely that his fate will be similar to Iron Will where he will be shown with a wife in one comic backgound or FiM episode. Chances 1/10 - only if he get at least one episode focused on him or will feature both him and Fluttershy

• Brohoof 1

Well lets see, from what i remember there were 5 main Fluttershy ships

1)Fluttercord that got the most screentime in the show and a ship tease in comics. It also contain 2 unrelated by blood characters with opposite gender. I dont think it was ever torpedoed in any way either in the show or comics even though it would require just a single line "shes like daughter to me". Chances 9/10 - "theme" of the show is the only thing that stopping them

2)Fluttermac. While it would be an obvious choice in 1st and 2nd season since they are both shy and BM is one of the few male cast with somewhat speaking roles(along with Spike and Discord), it was heavily torpedoed by Heart and Hoof Day episode where he got closer to Cheerilee and while they didnt become a couple for good, they become one for FiM animators/storyboard artists (in the background) and for comic writers. Chances 4/10 - it could still happen but its very unlikely with established CheeriMac fanbase

3)FlutterDash. They surely had more screentime and probably more bonding than Fluttercord but the fact that same sex relationship will probably never see the light of day make this couple "hidden in the closet" for any writer for the show. And they will simply ignore them or be less likely to ever give it any shipping fuel. Chances 0/10 or 9/10 if FiM will feature open gay couples

4)Iron Will/Fluttershy. While it was never a big ship it doesnt really matter now. It was destroyed with a recent comic. Iron Will is married to female minotaur and they both have a kid. End of story, end of shipping. Chances 0/10

5)FlutterBulk. While based only on one episode, it could be also called a "lesser Fluttermac". Because they both had little screentime, both contain 2 shy characters and both male characters say few words. The only reason for "lesser" is because Bulk Biceps have a same status in the show like Derpy,Lyra, BonBon, Doctor Whooves and other BG ponies. His importance is too low to become a reccuring character with own episodes or to develop him with mane6 character. Its very likely that his fate will be similar to Iron Will where he will be shown with a wife in one comic backgound or FiM episode. Chances 1/10 - only if he get at least one episode focused on him or will feature both him and Fluttershy

This and it's a ship more or less introduced by the show staff.

I HATE Fluttercord. I big reason is because that it will be another good girl going after a "bad boy" after "changing him" type story, which is something I am sick of seeing. I would really not like to see Fluttershy doing something like that. That would also be an example of stereotypical female flakiness that goes against Lauren Faust's message for the show.

I HATE Fluttercord. I big reason is because that it will be another good girl going after a "bad boy" after "changing him" type story, which is something I am sick of seeing. I would really not like to see Fluttershy doing something like that. That would also be an example of stereotypical female flakiness that goes against Lauren Faust's message for the show.

There arent really many examples of a girl going after "bad boy" in pop culture. And from what i remember Katara/Zuko didnt work out. Although i can see why you dont like it since Fluttercord resemble a "Twilight" story in some way even though many people compare it to Beauty and the Beast

• 5 weeks later...

Reject, I don't think canon shipping for any member of the Mane Six should become canon.

Friendship is Magic, not romance-that would just ruin the feel of the show for me and I'd prefer it if they kept those kinds of relationships to side characters like Cranky and Matilda, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and Cadance and Shining Armor, like they have been doing.

• Brohoof 5

Accept it, its at least based on canon so its not a forced shipping like FlashLight. Some people will dislike it like everything because of their own shipping. People will however have to accept it just like NaruSaku fans had to accept that Naruto ended up with Hinata in the last chapter. If the romance is something that writers will want to tackle with Discord character then we have nothing to say about it. Although its probably too early for it. I expect few more seasons of friendship with them before that happen.

• Brohoof 1