Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What shows, games, and stuff do "typical" MLP/FiM haters like?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Everything you like and everything I like. Being a hater is even more trivial of a label than the derogatory connotation of being called a brony. It doesn't change other sectors of our lives.

What you're encouraging in these types of topics is the idea that bronies are somehow separate from other people when that couldn't be farther from the truth. It has the potential to put bronies on an unnecessary high horse or kick people who don't deserve it off theirs.

Don't encourage segregation just to make yourself feel better.

• Brohoof 8

I guess I am instead doing something like this: as though there may be specific things haters usually like, or "haters are separate from most people", blah blah blah.

I sometimes even considered trolling them from the very things they like ...

Which is exactly the same mentality haters have. They troll bronies for liking MLP because they know it gets to them.

A brony and a non-brony can still be two gamers. Or two movie nerds. For all intents and purposes a hater is no different from a brony. Trying to get at them for liking certain things would be the same thing as trying to get at another brony for liking the exact same thing.

Don't do it. Don't encourage it. Bad juju.

• Brohoof 3

I'm with Discordian on this one. Not liking one thing doesn't automatically mean you like another.

For example, you mentioned haters liking South Park. I fucking love South Park. I'm also a brony.

• Brohoof 1

even though you could see this as being a bias inducing question, there could certainly be patterns present, and it would actually be interesting to know (loved the statistics study posted up on EQ daily). however, i can see how people could easily use this as a way to vent and project for selfish needs, which would mess up results.

people can actually answer this question with good intentions and an innocent midset.

i personally don't know mlp haterz enough to be able to provide any valid input. :P

My opinion is the same as anyone else on the thread. I play alot of Call of Duty myself, and I see how it can be a prime spot for "brony haters" (13 year olds who call everything gay and rage into their mics) but honestly not really. On one of my accounts, I run a fluttershy emblem and rarely get hate for it. And when I do, its because I beat them or something and theyre looking for something to make fun of. In fact, I ran into alot of pony emblems over my tie myself. Brony haters are present though, but just like in everything else.

I'm just going to say, this is ridiculous, and I hope you realize it's on the very same level as "Anti-Bronies".

"Oh what do they like? We have to hate what they like now." That is exactly on the same level.

• Brohoof 1

Lol. Sorry, but it is a bit funny. They like... everything. There is no rule like "anti-brony listens to Justin Bieber" or "anti-brony walks into building through a window". It's all matter of personal taste and there might even be anti-brony who likes literally same things as You with only MLP to be an exception. Really, it's impossible to answer this question. 

(edited)

I saw the title for this thread and the first thing that popped into my mind was Call of Duty.

I have known that a lot of bronies out there play call of duty, maybe there is an equal amount of brony haters on there too.

That said, I have never actually played the game before nor have I really come across many bronies on other games. 

Also, I tend not to discuss MLP much outside of the forums in order to avoid ridicule and such.

Edited by TheGoldenCross

It's not a unified group with dogmatic likes and dislikes. It's your everyday people, it's small, irrelevant people who yell loudly on the internet because it's the only place where they can talk at all, it's general douches with bad humour, it's people who troll everything for no reason...

It's easy to go "I dislike CoD and find it to be rather dull, so... Haters must love it!", but it's hardly true. Just as bronies have often very little in common apart from the ponies, haters have ver little in common, apart from hating people liking ponies. Only thing I can think of is that as you can find above-average number of open-minded and friendlier people in brony community, you can also find above-average number of asshats among the hate-crowd. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm with most everyone else here: Liking something doesn't mean you automatically dislike something else, and vice versa. In the end, people are people, and they have whatever weird tastes strike their fancy.

Well there most popular pastime includes searching YouTube for pony videos, and constantly flaming the comments like an idiot.....

I always see on Pony related youtube videos people saying how bad MLP: FiM is.

If they don't like it, then why on earth are they even searching it in the first place?  >_>

For example, I would assume Call of Duty, One Direction, the Simpsons, Game of Thrones, South Park, etc.

What do you think typical MLP haters like, from all the things they could watch and do?

I love Game of Thrones, South Park, and Call of Duty. I'm also a brony. Liking one thing shouldn't stop you from liking another.

• 7 years later...

Someone who is an anti-brony can like anything. They have their own tastes like us. They may like almost everything you like with the exception of MLP.  I just so happen to like The Simpsons and I'm a huge brony. Anti-bronies all have different likes and dislikes.