Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony with the best color scheme?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

Which pony do you think has the very best color scheme?

I'd have to say Vinyl Scratch.

I just love her neon blue mane and cream colored fur.

post-25645-0-56065300-1400329878_thumb.jpg

Second, I'd have to say Fluttershy.

It's the eye catching pink mane and yellow fur that catches my attention.

post-25645-0-39843900-1400329920_thumb.jpg

So what pony do you consider to have the best color scheme?

Edited by SC00TS
  • Brohoof 3

Duh... Thats easy.

Rarity of course!

post-25189-0-56655100-1400334854_thumb.png

Royal purple mane, pristine silver coat, sapphire blue eyes and butt-diamonds. Raritys colours ooze nobility, beauty and elegance!

Also really nice are Wapplejack!

post-25189-0-18356600-1400334990_thumb.png

And Octavia!

post-25189-0-63965800-1400335014_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

Two of my favourites would have to be Cherry Jubilee and Princess Luna. Cherry is just striking with her scarlet mane, and Luna is just overall very elegant and mysterious.

250px-Cherry_Jubilee_id_S02E14.png 225px-Princess_Luna_ID_S4E02.png

Also Octavia, but she's already been said.

• Brohoof 7

Cherry Jubilee, Blossomforth, and Coco Pommel are stand out examples of color design for me. I think I like mostly neutral tones with a little flair, but not too much.

Pinkie Pie. Here's why :)

• The chemistry between mane colour and coat colour goes from darker to lighter, which compliments itself hugely as a symbol of purity. The gradient between the two colours is short, which implies truth of self.
  • Actually, in addition to the above point, her mane being pink was a splendid idea; do you know why? It instils a sense of livelihood and bounciness. A mane as plush and soft as Pinkie's simply has to be pink; her mane wouldn't work in any other colour, so her colour scheme ticks the accuracy box. One can't really say the same for other ponies, or at least not on the same level as Pink Perfect Pony.
  • Pinkie Pie's coat is pink, yet her eyes are blue. Blue and pink are counteracting gender colours (blue is often attributed to males, pink to females) and encompassing two entirely different synaesthetic tones highlight's Pinkie's wild and random attitude. This also ties in with the first point; mane and coat cover her strength of character, and their relationship with smaller features - eye, cutie mark - embody how prone she is to having funny quirks.
  • Pinkie Pie is completely pink! Wanna know why this colour scheme is the best? Let's think about fandom significance for a moment. Without a character that oozes pink, girly joyfulness, there'd be less of a reminder that this is in fact a girly show, and thus it creates more of a statement for our community as a whole - defying gender conformism. One can thank Pinkie's colour scheme for bringing that to us :)
  • Her cutie mark is blue and yellow; again, very complementary. They're probably the most pastel-type colours in the spectrum, befitting a pony who's all about parties where those colours are most frequently related to. I think it's pulled off far better than the other Mane 6.

Xo1URqA.png

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Pinkie Pie. Here's why :)

• The chemistry between mane colour and coat colour goes from darker to lighter, which compliments itself hugely as a symbol of purity. The gradient between the two colours is short, which implies truth of self.
  • Actually, in addition to the above point, her mane being pink was a splendid idea; do you know why? It instils a sense of livelihood and bounciness. A mane as plush and soft as Pinkie's simply has to be pink; her mane wouldn't work in any other colour, so her colour scheme ticks the accuracy box. One can't really say the same for other ponies, or at least not on the same level as Pink Perfect Pony.
  • Pinkie Pie's coat is pink, yet her eyes are blue. Blue and pink are counteracting gender colours (blue is often attributed to males, pink to females) and encompassing two entirely different synaesthetic tones highlight's Pinkie's wild and random attitude. This also ties in with the first point; mane and coat cover her strength of character, and their relationship with smaller features - eye, cutie mark - embody how prone she is to having funny quirks.
  • Pinkie Pie is completely pink! Wanna know why this colour scheme is the best? Let's think about fandom significance for a moment. Without a character that oozes pink, girly joyfulness, there'd be less of a reminder that this is in fact a girly show, and thus it creates more of a statement for our community as a whole - defying gender conformism. One can thank Pinkie's colour scheme for bringing that to us :)
  • Her cutie mark is blue and yellow; again, very complementary. They're probably the most pastel-type colours in the spectrum, befitting a pony who's all about parties where those colours are most frequently related to. I think it's pulled off far better than the other Mane 6

Well I can't beat that logic, Pinkie Pie it is. :lol: 

Edited by Archer Dash

Twilight Sparkle of course! Her fur color is Purple (which is the best color ever), and she has an awesome multicolored mane.

(Spoilers for those who haven't seen the season 4 finale yet)

rainbow_power_twilight_sparkle_by_benybi

• Brohoof 2

Umm, Princess Luna of course!img-2642453-1-e6tw0w.jpg

In a world of pretty pink and purple ponies, she sticks it to the man by being a pretty dark blue and black pony!

Gonna have to agree with this... Her color scheme reminds me of the night sky: Love it.

• Brohoof 1

Luna and Fluttershy. Luna I think could use a different eye color to make her color palette a little more diverse, but the nightly color scheme overall is very nice. Fluttershy's pastel scheme works well with her personality, and the combination of yellow, pink, and teal is both diverse and smooth.

(edited)

My absolute favorite color scheme belongs to the spa ponies

post-19170-0-11878500-1400373518_thumb.png

Rarity and Rainbow Dash I like as well.

Edited by ScumCandy
  • Brohoof 5

I think Stellar Eclipse.

character___stellar_eclipse_by_ritya9898

The black and purple have quite a contrast, but the light-brown coat makes it not look horrible. It's not always that we see a color scheme like that one.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll have to say Applejack. I feel like her colors really fit a down to Earth pony. (ba dum tch)

mlfw1909-APPLE_JACK_DERP.jpg

Edited by Flooter Do
  • Brohoof 3