Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Trekkie Bronies, Assemble!

Antidaeophobia

I figure there has got to be more of us on this forum. Seriously- where my Trekkiebros at?

I actually discovered My Little Pony through a friend on a Star Trek The Next Generation forum. This was even before Discord made an appearance. My friend kept insisting 'you gotta check this new show out, it's awesome!'. It was season 1 episode 5 that I decided to check out MLP, and I was hooked. Then my fellow Trekkie and I flipped shit when we found out John de Lancie was Discord (Why Q, what a large snaggle tooth and big beard you have). 

I'm into old school trek and next generation (Spock and Data- FTW!) and wanted to know if anyone else on here is also a big Trek fan too. 

Also, one more thing. I had a thought last night- the mane cast of your favorite Trek (TOS,TNG,DS9, etc), what would their elements of harmony be?

Heres mine for Next Gen.-

Honesty-Troi

Kindness- Data

Laughter- Riker

Generosity- Beverly

Loyalty- Worf

Magic-Picard

• Brohoof 3

I think I'm fondest of the original series (plus the films), Enterprise, and the recent movies (despite how they meddled with the orginal series).

Star Trek, original series:

Honesty- Spock, as he's Vulcan always pretty darned straightforward - even with the Captain

Kindness- Uhura

Laughter- Scotty; seems the jovial type

Generosity- Bones, because he's always "giving" others a piece of his mind, ehhh?

Loyalty- Captain James Tiberius Kirk; to his crew and to the Enterprise

Magic- Sulu lol?

• Brohoof 4

I'm fond of The Next Generation, Voyager, and the films myself (both the older films and the recent reboot).

Voyager:

Honesty - B'Elanna (for always speaking her mind)

Kindness - Kes (she was so often so sweet)

Laughter - Neelix (probably the easiest choice out of this list!)

Generosity - The Doctor (I found this one harder, and based it on his willingness to help Seven of Nine even though it pained him sometimes)

Loyalty - Janeway (her loyalty to her crew is one of the reasons I like her)

Magic - Chakotay (he has mystical moments from time to time!)

• Brohoof 1

Original Series all the way for me  :wub: I also like Next Gen. and the new movies.

Elements for TOS

Magic - Captain James T. Kirk 

Loyalty - Spock (Since Spock would do anything for Kirk I think he's the most obvious choice here)

Honesty - McCoy (Like Applejack in the newer seasons Bones can be brutally honest and sarcastic, which makes him the best character all around  B) )

Generosity - Sulu

Laughter - Scotty 

Kindness - Uhuru

Bonus: Spike - Chekov (am I the only one who can totally see this?)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Original Series all the way for me :wub: I also like Next Gen. and the new movies.

Elements for TOS

Magic - Captain James T. Kirk

Loyalty - Spock (Since Spock would do anything for Kirk I think he's the most obvious choice here)

Honesty - McCoy (Like Applejack in the newer seasons Bones can be brutally honest and sarcastic, which makes him the best character all around B) )

Generosity - Sulu

Laughter - Scotty

Kindness - Uhuru

Bonus: Spike - Chekov (am I the only one who can totally see this?)

(Darn it Twilight, I'm an apple farmer, not a doctor!)

Star Trek was probably one of my first fandom obsessions so count me in.

Ya, I can totally see Spikov :)

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I am a fan of all the Star trek series except DS9. But that's only because I haven't quite seen it YET. 

My favorite characters from each series (That I have seen), are

TOS: Bones

TNG: Data

VYGR: The Doctor(Heh heh, ^_^ I'm also a whovian)

ENT: Dr. Phlox

Trek on!

P.S. I also play STO

Edited by Pat.Rio.T.
  • Brohoof 2

Yep, long-time Trekkie over here. :) Classic series is my favorite.

Plus, unlike most Trekkies, I thought the animated series wasn't bad. Weird at times, and that cheap Hanna-Barbara animation was silly of course, but a valid attempt.

And yes, I can so see Spike = Chekov.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a huge fan of Star Trek: TOS but I haven't delved too far into the lore. I prefer to watch the show only and create my own lore by taking what I've seen and filling in the gaps. I'm not too much of a fan of the later series, though. Having families aboard what is essentially a warship seemed just silly to me. Q was awesome though (I lost my shit when I heard John de Lancie was voicing a villain in MLP).

I can't stand the reboot films, though... it just isn't Star Trek, at least not my Star Trek.

Picard > Kirk

*runs and hides*

That's right, you better run! ^_^

Loyalty: Captain Kirk (he is utterly loyal to his crew

Generosity: Scotty (he gives so much for the ship and her crew)

Kindness: Nurse Chapel (well, she's kind I guess)

Honesty: Dr. McCoy (he always tells Jim exactly what he thinks and never hides his true thoughts)

Laughter: Sulu (c'mon, the topless fencing scene is hilarious)

Magic: Garry (well he kind of has magic)

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking about writing a Tao of Pooh esque look into the franchise, but this will work instead. ;)

I can't use just one series on Trek to recreate the Elements of Harmony ... and I'm going to use analogs for other characters. These are not character analogs. They would be different if I went that route. 

Loyalty: Kirk

Generosity: Troi

Kindness: Data

Honesty: McCoy

Laughter: Scotty

Magic: Picard

Specific character analogs are below.

Spike - Barclay (now does the Troi thing make sense? ... huh ... huh?)

Discord - Q (All too easy /Vader)

Changeling Swarm and Chrysallis - Borg and Borg Queen

Tirek - Khan

Snips and Snails - Any two background Ferengi

Pipsqueak - Wesley Crusher

Cheerilee - Beverly Crusher

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon - Lursa and B'Etor

Trixie - Vash (should make all you Trixie and Twilight shippers happy)

That's all for now.

• Brohoof 3

I was thinking about writing a Tao of Pooh esque look into the franchise, but this will work instead. ;)

I can't use just one series on Trek to recreate the Elements of Harmony ... and I'm going to use analogs for other characters. These are not character analogs. They would be different if I went that route. 

Loyalty: Kirk

Generosity: Troi

Kindness: Data

Honesty: McCoy

Laughter: Scotty

Magic: Picard

Specific character analogs are below.

Spike - Barclay (now does the Troi thing make sense? ... huh ... huh?)

Discord - Q (All too easy /Vader)

Changeling Swarm and Chrysallis - Borg and Borg Queen

Tirek - Khan

Snips and Snails - Any two background Ferengi

Pipsqueak - Wesley Crusher

Cheerilee - Beverly Crusher

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon - Lursa and B'Etor

Trixie - Vash (should make all you Trixie and Twilight shippers happy)

That's all for now.

Spike as Barclay made me laugh out loud.

• Brohoof 1

I've been a long time Trekker myself. what is it with me getting into shows with absolutely over the top massive fandoms, I keep wondering. :)

• Brohoof 1

Plus, unlike most Trekkies, I thought the animated series wasn't bad.

I keep meaning to watch that; I had no idea it even existed until more recently.  I figured it'd be like the original series in this respect: some episodes were genuinely brilliant / ahead of their time, and some episodes were just fun / good for a laugh lol.  Even when the original series was "bad" it was good.

Q was awesome though (I lost my shit when I heard John de Lancie was voicing a villain in MLP).   I can't stand the reboot films, though... it just isn't Star Trek, at least not my Star Trek.

I love Q. Admittedly, past next generation, I only watched episodes with Q in it because they were the only episodes I could stand.

I'm NOT a fan of the new movies. I was very disappointed in them. Even though I love Benedict Cumberbatch, him as Khan was all wrong. I don't really consider the new films part of the canon universe. I've got a couple friends that are only Trekkies for the new films, not for the series. At least we have ponies to bond us together, although I really can't bare to listen to them say that 'like Zachary Quinto is the best Spock EVA!' It makes me cry in frustration when they do that.

• Brohoof 2

@@Antidaeophobia, I love you already! Been a trekkie since I was a wee little lad, shortly after TNG went on the air. You could say that I was raised on Star Trek. As the years went on, I kept up with TNG and Voyager, but had the opportunity to catch reruns of the original series when they came to some fuzzy station I was barely able to pick up with my rabbit ears. Until stumbling upon that, I didn't even know there was anything before TNG. I had to ask my dad about it, who was quite a fan when he was a kid.

My favorite series is easily the original. Yes, I will admit that the set designs may seem a little cheesy by today's sensibilities because of the colors, but I find it charming. Constitution class starships are also incredibly sexy; I love their design more than the Galaxy class or anything to be produced during the TNG era or later. While the writing did have a 1960's American audience in mind, I find that much of what that show was trying to do is still applicable to today, even if the issues may not be as prominent anymore. In some cases it may be even more timely (see The Ultimate Computer).

So yeah, huge Star Trek nerd here. I like every series in a different way, but DS9 was my least favorite of them. In all honesty... it was rather boring until the Dominion War started to heat up.

Since TOS is my favorite series, I'll keep these elements to the cast from that series, but some people from other series would be far better for a few of these:

• Magic - This is extremely hard, because I can't cite an example of Magic in the sense of friendship, like Twilight is. I'll go with Charles Evans from the episode Charlie X, since he could do pretty much anything.
  • Honesty - Spock (Vulcans are incapable of lying)
  • Generosity - Bones (he's a doctor and this is the closest I can think of to habitual displays of what could be interpreted as generosity)
  • Kindness - Uhura (she's just sweet, tbh)
  • Loyalty - Scotty (just look at that brawl he started on K7 after the Klingon slung a few insults about the Enterprise)
  • Laughter - Chekov (he provided a lot of comic relief)
  • Brohoof 2

Trek needs a new TV series. Enterprise started to find its legs and then they cancelled it with the biggest middle finger of a finale I've ever seen in and out of the genre.

A new series set many decades into the future from Voyager would be perfect.

Trek needs a new TV series. Enterprise started to find its legs and then they cancelled it with the biggest middle finger of a finale I've ever seen in and out of the genre.

A new series set many decades into the future from Voyager would be perfect.

Actually, I think it would be awesome to do one in TOS generation(not the cinematic universe). They have three in TNG era, so I don't see any reason not to. Ooooooor, a series centered around Enterprise C.

@@Antidaeophobia, I love you already! Been a trekkie since I was a wee little lad, shortly after TNG went on the air. You could say that I was raised on Star Trek. As the years went on, I kept up with TNG and Voyager, but had the opportunity to catch reruns of the original series when they came to some fuzzy station I was barely able to pick up with my rabbit ears. Until stumbling upon that, I didn't even know there was anything before TNG. I had to ask my dad about it, who was quite a fan when he was a kid.

My favorite series is easily the original. Yes, I will admit that the set designs may seem a little cheesy by today's sensibilities because of the colors, but I find it charming. Constitution class starships are also incredibly sexy; I love their design more than the Galaxy class or anything to be produced during the TNG era or later. While the writing did have a 1960's American audience in mind, I find that much of what that show was trying to do is still applicable to today, even if the issues may not be as prominent anymore. In some cases it may be even more timely (see The Ultimate Computer).

So yeah, huge Star Trek nerd here. I like every series in a different way, but DS9 was my least favorite of them. In all honesty... it was rather boring until the Dominion War started to heat up.

Since TOS is my favorite series, I'll keep these elements to the cast from that series, but some people from other series would be far better for a few of these:

• Magic - This is extremely hard, because I can't cite an example of Magic in the sense of friendship, like Twilight is. I'll go with Charles Evans from the episode Charlie X, since he could do pretty much anything.
  • Honesty - Spock (Vulcans are incapable of lying)
  • Generosity - Bones (he's a doctor and this is the closest I can think of to habitual displays of what could be interpreted as generosity)
  • Kindness - Uhura (she's just sweet, tbh)
  • Loyalty - Scotty (just look at that brawl he started on K7 after the Klingon slung a few insults about the Enterprise)
  • Laughter - Chekov (he provided a lot of comic relief)

Thank you! You are so nice for saying so!

I was raised on Trek and have been a hardcore fan all my life. Even though I'm only 25yrs old, I'm always been more into the old school trek and movies (Star Trek Voyage home is one of my favorite movies). I really don't like the new trek bandwagon. You should at least try to appreciate the original trek series and movies, otherwise, don't call yourself a Trekkie if you only like the new movies. 

My mother promoted me watching Star Trek as a child and being a Trekkie. She was a fan, and she figured that of all the heroes I could have, Mr. Spock and Data were ideal choices and it also had wonderful morals to teach me. 

I tell my friends that only like the new Trek  (several of them are 10-13yrs younger); watch the original series, but watch it with a frame of mind as if you are watching a play, and not a movie/tv show. I think many of my friends have grown up expecting so much CGI that they miss the point of the story being important. Like the TNG episode 'Measure of a Man', many of them thought it was boring until I explained to them it was about slavery.

I'm currently doing a Q episode marathon tonight while I work on some commissions. So much fun!

• Brohoof 1