Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season break brony challenge

Pat.Rio.T.

Season break challenge   

30 users have voted

1. 1. Will you accept the challenge?

• Challenge accepted!
    • Maybe, but I might bend the rules little.
    • Nah, I don't think I'd quite be able to follow all the way through
    • Are you kidding?! I can't live one week without Ponehs!!!!

The season has ended, and we had a spectacular finale. But now, we have the rest of the year to wait for more!

I've been seeing a bunch of bronies out there however, who were complaining that they hadn't been excitedly anticipating the next episodes, and were afraid they were becoming sick of ponies. This is partially true in my case as well.

Which is why I have come up with this challenge for you bronies, which I will be participating in as well. All you have to do for this challenge, is to avoid anything pony related, until season five! This means no browsing pictures, no listening to music, no watching videos or rewatching episodes, no buying merch(Though, I can understand if you must buy some sort of once-in-a-lifetime/vintage/limited edition type of item that won't be around long that really can't live without it), no playing games, no discussing it with your friends, and try to minimize activity here on the forums.

Then, in the days before season five, have marathon of every single episode of seasons 1-4. 

So who's ready to give up pony, so you'll be pumped for the next season?

Ok, no, I'm not prepared to do that either.

Not watching will be easy, since, I already had two runs of it in just a few weeks.

But, about the "keeping of the forums part".

I joined a few days ago, it would be quite silly if I just left, right ?

• Brohoof 5

I couldn't do this even if I wanted to. I'm a very forgetful person and I adhere to habits quite easily once they get rolling. I browse deviantart several times a day so it would be impossible to avoid pony pictures, Ponies Anthology is one of my most anticipated between-season events (though I dunno if there will be an Anthology 4 as there's been absolutely no word on it yet as far as I know) and six months is a long time to try to remember to NOT do something. I'm liable to forget this topic exists within a few hours.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Edited by Darky

I could give up the pones, but I really like this forum... I don't think I could leave it anytime soon.

• Brohoof 3

Nope.

As it is, I only just became a full-blown brony in the last couple months, so my enthusiasm level is still high and there's a lot on FimFiction that I haven't read yet. I'm gonna be watching everything happen until Season 5 starts.

(edited)

I'll have to pass on this.

I can't even get out of bed in the morning without first thinking of ponies, or hearing something pony-related. Also, accepting this challenge would mean that I would have to miss out on Equestria Girls, so again, I'll have to pass. Sorry. ^^"

EDIT: Also, I think giving up pony this long would make me miserable, since MLP is usually with brightens up my darkest days. ^^"

Edited by Adorkable

Why? This kinda reminds me of the "I dare you to not use toilet for two weeks" challanges. You know, "Because.".

I mean, if you like something, enjoy and embrace it. Which is what I'll be doing - if you don't anymore, well, sucks for you, it really does. But I think I'm getting a bit old and bitter for "I challange you..." for the sake of challanging, so nope.  :P

I can see how this might work on a "familiarity breeds contempt"/"absence makes the heart grow fonder" basis, but it could also have the converse effect of building up hype. Overhyping being the main reason, I think, that so many people were "meh" about this season.

Either way, I don't think I could handle the challenge. Ponies will always be on my mind as long as my "shrine" of pony merch is staring at me...I'd have to box it all up, abandon the forums (as well as my deviantArt and tumblr), and give up my "pony hunting" excursions with my little sis. Can't do it, Cap'n. ;)

I can't go without Rarity :derp: Seriously, she's plastered all over my room :D

Plus, all of my friends on Skype have pony avatars and we do group calls pretty often, and then there's these forums, and dear lord, avoiding pony stuff on this place is impossible :D

Then summer is fanfic season, so there's that :D

Basically, it'd be impossible for me to avoid ponies and have a good time :D

(edited)

*Says I'll forget this topic in a few hours*

*Everyone brohoofs my comment making me unable to forget*

Y U DO THIS TO ME, MLPFORUMS!? :okiedokielokie:

Obligatory :lol:

Edited by Discordian

Okay, so some are saying that they can't give up on the forums. I would like to point out that I said TRY to minimize activity, not DO. I couldn't possibly get away from here for that long, I have friends here and I get on every day. And if you want, you can just try to see how long you can last.

Why? This kinda reminds me of the "I dare you to not use toilet for two weeks" challanges. You know, "Because.".

I mean, if you like something, enjoy and embrace it. Which is what I'll be doing - if you don't anymore, well, sucks for you, it really does. But I think I'm getting a bit old and bitter for "I challange you..." for the sake of challanging, so nope.  :P

I'd hardly compare it to that. And I would just like to say that I do enjoy it and I care enough about it that I'm afraid to get to that point. And when this is over, I will be even more excited for season five. Besides I can live without ponies until new episodes come out. I mean I can't go to bronycon anyway, and EQG2, comics, fan videos, and music aren't going anywhere in the meantime.

This actually does have merit, I did this for Star Wars at one point. I'm not at the over saturation point with MLP though since I still have years of stuff to wade through.

And the teens ... they keep feeding me pony stuff.

:blink:

I'd hardly compare it to that. And I would just like to say that I do enjoy it and I care enough about it that I'm afraid to get to that point. And when this is over, I will be even more excited for season five. Besides I can live without ponies until new episodes come out. I mean I can't go to bronycon anyway, and EQG2, comics, fan videos, and music aren't going anywhere in the meantime.

I know. Good food also won't go anywhere, but that's a bad reason to eat only cheap ramen for the next year so you can -really- enjoy that great dinner during christmass.

But by all means, you go ahead, I'm just saying I see that as a very odd action with very minimalistic merit gain, personally. I like the music, I love the art, I love the clop, and I use the episodes randomly as a relaxing thing after bad work day, denying myself all that would be "meh" and hardly would make me like it more later. In fact, if you distance yourself for long enough you may achieve the "got over it" effect if anything.  ^_^

I know. Good food also won't go anywhere, but that's a bad reason to eat only cheap ramen for the next year so you can -really- enjoy that great dinner during christmass.

But by all means, you go ahead, I'm just saying I see that as a very odd action with very minimalistic merit gain, personally. I like the music, I love the art, I love the clop, and I use the episodes randomly as a relaxing thing after bad work day, denying myself all that would be "meh" and hardly would make me like it more later. In fact, if you distance yourself for long enough you may achieve the "got over it" effect if anything.  ^_^

Well, it is a challenge. Also I'm not going on a "cheap ramen diet" for this, I have lots of other "good food" to focus on in the meantime.(Star Wars, Doctor Who, Marvel, LoTR, Firefly, Star Trek, TF2, Minecraft, You name it :))

Well, it is a challenge. Also I'm not going on a "cheap ramen diet" for this, I have lots of other "good food" to focus on in the meantime.(Star Wars, Doctor Who, Marvel, LoTR, Firefly, Star Trek, TF2, Minecraft, You name it :))

Well, I still find it better to just have all the good things at the same time and deliberately blocking myself access to one seems too masochistic for me. But again, good luck, see you back in a week or so.  :lol:

Nah, I have a YouTube channel. The off season is the best time to expand, when people are looking for other ways to get their mlp fix. So I'm looking to get more subscribers, not kill my activity.