Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flutters

C.C.

Ive noticed that most bronies and pegasisters think Fluttershy is super cute and thats fine; I have nothing against her or Fluttershy lovers, but why is she so loveable?cute_fluttershy_by_crownofspadez-d4l9lr5

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not gonna lie, I'm under the impression that love for her has died down quite a bit - I heard that the fandom was almost entirely Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash fans back in the day, but now that's not the case, obviously - still, I think the fandom of her has notably died down.

In any case, she's a relatable character with cuteness appeal - a lot of bronies are introverts and are shy in social situations, similar to, but maybe not as extreme, as Fluttershy. She's also cute, and that's another thing about her - people went absolutely bonkers when she said "yay" :D

That's why I can see people liking her - relatability and cuteness :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 6

I know she left the biggest impression on me during the first season of mlp (along with Dash). She was probably the most developed/defined character early on and I think that's why so many people were fans of hers at the beginning. I think the fact that the other ponies have caught up and gone through more development since is probably why her fandom has died down

I don't think it has died down, but as the other Mane 6 become more developed, their fanbases grow, so rather than Fluttershy's  and RD's popularity dying down, the others (Rarity and AJ especially) are catching up.

I really didn't like Fluttershy in seaons one or two, but now she's one of my favorites. I guess it's just her kind attitude. I'm not sure why people really like her.

The soft colors she has of light yellow and pink with those soft puppy eyes... the fact she's easily upset if your not careful with what you say or act. Yet she's open around nature and even sings, and she's got lovely voice too!

I dunno...she's just that innocent shy kid I think I used to be once...dunno, she's that shy alternate personality we all sometimes have deep inside.

shes so lovable because shes fragile and delicate and loves animals

plus shes the type of mare a lot of stallions look for

Honestly it is just because she basically embodies what I feel defines the cutest kinds of girls; Super shy but twice as sweet. Everything she does, her voice, the way acts, how she treats others, heck even the way her mane goes, they all embody what I have always pictured as the cute, shy girl who is everyone's friend but too afraid to admit it. Plus she likes animals so bonus points on that end

but why is she so loveable?

It's like asking why Rainbow Dash is so awesome, or why MLP:FiM is so good.

It's a bit of everything. :)

Very sensitive and vulnerable character types should make you want to reach out and comfort them. Who the hell didn't want to give her a hug in Filly Vanilli or the finale?

Character empathy is hard to do ... Fluttershy is a great vehicle for the staff to pull it off

Fluttershy has been

my fav pony from the

start in truth but Luna

and Scoot also rank

in my favs.   Mostly

it was what could be

done with her well

in writing and fan

based things in truth

that I liked about her.