Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you work, and just what hours and how does it leave you feeling?

Fox

I worked for Subway for 5 years but slowly got tired of that crap. Now I work at a place called Primo Pizza & Italian Eatery. I do dishes, prep food, and take orders when we get busy. The last subway I worked at for two months was run by a cheap and inexperienced manager who put in the minimal effort to do his job. We eventually got in an argument and then he fired me, wich was the best day in my life. But now I'm pretty sure my current boss (age 57) is a pedophile because he was teaching me to knead dough, and told me to, I shit you not, "knead it like a plump and supple 15 year old breast." :blink: But other than that creepiness the job is a lot better, and I work with cool people.

Posted Image

Currently unemployed as fairly recently I quit my job at which I consider to be the Subway from hell. Didn't want to do it, but after what happened the last day I was there I just snapped and said f-u people!

Now in the process of looking for something better.

I snapped at my boss to after he said I was fired. Gave him a piece of my mind. Anf Subway just sucks haha, hated working there.

But now I'm pretty sure my current boss (age 57) is a pedophile because he was teaching me to knead dough, and told me to, I shit you not, "knead it like a plump and supple 15 year old breast." :blink:

I work at a local tree cutting and lawn mowing service, on the tree team. It can be extremely hard work sometimes, but at least I get the satisfaction of sending the stuff that gives me a hard time through the chipper, and watching it get pulled into its oblivion. :P

I hope that they'll teach me how to actually cut the trees down at some point, that has GOT to be awesome. :wub:

Fun work story to tell...

So as a busser I feel obligated to clean tables as fast as humanly possible so I can stand around and be lazy and socialize with hostesses... There was this one old guy who was sitting by himself in the back and I saw him get up and leave. So immediately I cleaned his table and went back to my lazy routine. Three hours later the guy comes back and complains that his stuff is all gone and cleaned up. Turns out he was only in the bathroom. For three hours. So I got pretty much the entire shift's pay cut to pay for his food. After this, the guy started showing up about once a week. Always on his own.

This was fine I guess, except I started noticing a pattern. He would only want like one of 3 specific waitresses serve him. And if they were busy he'd hobble around the restaurant, following them, asking them about their personal lives, shaking their hands, asking if they had a table open yet. Now like I said, he's an older gentleman, so one of the waitresses told me the one day to watch him just follow her, very slowly, and he did. He'd also stand by the hostess stand and go through a bucket we had for names to enter to win a free party, and just look through them. He would also spend like 7 hours there, and 3 of them were in the bathroom...

Last time he was at my restaurant he brought in 3 bags of food and hobbled in and asked for a specific waitress during a dinner rush (we had a 45 min wait), and we told him he'd have to wait for a table to open. So instead he hobbles to the back of the restaurant and places his food on a counter by one of our computers and just starts eating it. We ended up calling the Plaza security, and I guess he found out 'cus he pretty much... half-jogged out of there as soon as the manager got off the phone. Haven't seen the man since.

• Brohoof 1

So as a busser I feel obligated to clean tables as fast as humanly possible so I can stand around and be lazy and socialize with hostesses... There was this one old guy who was sitting by himself in the back and I saw him get up and leave. So immediately I cleaned his table and went back to my lazy routine. Three hours later the guy comes back and complains that his stuff is all gone and cleaned up. Turns out he was only in the bathroom. For three hours. So I got pretty much the entire shift's pay cut to pay for his food. After this, the guy started showing up about once a week. Always on his own.

This was fine I guess, except I started noticing a pattern. He would only want like one of 3 specific waitresses serve him. And if they were busy he'd hobble around the restaurant, following them, asking them about their personal lives, shaking their hands, asking if they had a table open yet. Now like I said, he's an older gentleman, so one of the waitresses told me the one day to watch him just follow her, very slowly, and he did. He'd also stand by the hostess stand and go through a bucket we had for names to enter to win a free party, and just look through them. He would also spend like 7 hours there, and 3 of them were in the bathroom...

Last time he was at my restaurant he brought in 3 bags of food and hobbled in and asked for a specific waitress during a dinner rush (we had a 45 min wait), and we told him he'd have to wait for a table to open. So instead he hobbles to the back of the restaurant and places his food on a counter by one of our computers and just starts eating it. We ended up calling the Plaza security, and I guess he found out 'cus he pretty much... half-jogged out of there as soon as the manager got off the phone. Haven't seen the man since.

post-761-0-07092400-1330644206.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I snapped at my boss to after he said I was fired. Gave him a piece of my mind. Anf Subway just sucks haha, hated working there.

I should say I didn't do all that literally. I handed in my uniform with a straight face and a polite letter of constructive criticism stating everything wrong about the place. I'm too nice, plus I wanted to leave a decent impression for when I went looking for my next job.

My boss was lazy, liked to pick favorites, turned a blind eye to certain problems, get mad at the wrong things/people, and acted like she was still a teenager in high school...meanwhile she was married and had kids...glad i'm done with that.

Edited by SailorCardKnight

Nowhere 8D

...anymore.

I miss working though. x_x Despite loving my free time, I'm broke and need MLP merch. I just wish places were freakin' hiring around now ;-; It's been hard as hell finding a place just to accept a dang application..

• Brohoof 1

Nowhere 8D

...anymore.

I miss working though. x_x Despite loving my free time, I'm broke and need MLP merch. I just wish places were freakin' hiring around now ;-; It's been hard as hell finding a place just to accept a dang application..

Yeah, it's almost impossible to find places that are hiring :/

My boss was lazy, liked to pick favorites, turned a blind eye to certain problems, get mad at the wrong things/people, and acted like she was still a teenager in high school...meanwhile she was married and had kids...glad i'm done with that.

That awkward moment when you realize most people don't mature when they get older.

It was harsh when I realized that some of my...less diligent friends in college would be teaching the next generation of kids. C averages and weekend parties = "would you please teach my kids?" :blink:

That's so creepy lol! I wonder how akward it was for the waitresses >_>

I haven't start work yet. I still have some years in school before i can start work (hopefully as a police). I have been searching for some easier jobs to do on my free time in summer when i'm not in school to get some extra money :P

I spend most of my time as a student, but DJ parties when I have spare time and get called to help out with tech stuff at venues every once and a while. May be getting a part time job as an audio engineer soon though xD I work part time during the summer as a part of the technical team for a partnership with an a/v company to put on a movies in the park event for the city. Been doing it for 4 years and I've been called back to work a 5th season this summer :P

(edited)

In trying to hold off until I get to the career center. I want to be an animator so can can bring back mlp if it ever dies

MLP will never die :lol: but that is awesome that your going to the career center and it shows how passionate of a brony you are that you are willing to do that :) Edited by StuffyCake123

MLP will never die :lol: but that is awesome that your going to the career center and it shows how passionate of a brony you are that you are willing to do that :)

Better not. Also you and sugar owe me thank you muffins for getting you into mlp

(edited)

i currently work at hugos as a coach and i am a substitute coach for wallers gym jam so far i only work 2 hours a week but thats cuz i only work one day a week cuz i am still an active gymnist in compitition season

Edited by pizzaparty9

I had a job - it was horrible. So this makes sense, I will tell you I am an eye doctor. My boss had me operate at our competitor's surgery center - he couldn't get it through his thick skull that they let him operate there only because they wanted to buy his practice once he retired. The competition treated me very badly and tried to get me fired right away by writing a letter to my boss saying people didn't want to work with me, I smelled, I said inappropriate things, etc. The truth of course was that they did not want me inheriting the practice and continuing to be competition for them.

Well, I hated them right back - they advertised heavily how "advanced" their cataract surgery was but their microscopes were bought used and said WEST Germany on them. I could barely see what I was doing through those crappy antiques. When I had complications, I would tell my patients right away - that is what they considered "inappropriate." When they had complications (and I know they did because these botched patients came to me for a second opinion!), they LIED to the patients telling them everything had gone fine. Those doctors were unethical greedy monsters.

The final straw was when my boss called me up on Saturday morning wanting me to go to a movie with him. My gf had just traveled 6 hours by bus to spend the weekend with me so I said, "no." At first he seemed fine with it but then called back and suggested his wife come over and entertain my gf while I went to the movies with him. Again, I said no. It ended with my gf and his wife shouting at each other over the phone and him coming over to my house to fire me. I was so HAPPY because I wanted to quit but it would have been harder on me financially to do so (had to do with the way our contract was worded).

After a year of unemployment, I finally decided to buy my own practice. That too was painful because I bought it from a crazy doctor who thinks he is the center of the universe. I should have done my homework - he had already been in lawsuits with other doctors, had a reputation for being incompetent and drunk, and had been sued for sexual harassment. But now, as the BOSS, I got to fire him. I am making 1/10 of what I was making as an employee but I have never been happier. I know things will improve with time. What I learned is this: money is important, but having control over your own destiny is priceless.

I work In the US Army

Posted Image

I salute army pony!
  • Brohoof 2