Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You have 3 hours to leave, what do you take?

Props Valroa

This is something that was in my mind last night, when I had a hard time falling asleep. Suppose the following happens:

Let's say that in about 3 hours, *insert disaster here* is going to happen in your place of living. Your family members have already left, what are you going to take with you, aswell as who else are you going to take, when you leave to escape whatever is going to happen?

First things first I would likely be freaking out and I would be gathering up all of the clothes I can take into bags and throw them underneath the seats in the car, I would take the flags that I have in my room and do the same. I would also grab my pillow, my computer and all of its accessories and pile it into the back of the car. Then I would gather up all of the food and drinks I can, and pile them into the back of the car and under the seats aswell. I would disassemble my main, blue telescope and pack it in the back of the car aswell, and put its accessories in one of the storage things in the back of the car, packing them in. I'd also take the rest of the blankets off of my bed, pillowcase and such and throw them over the stuff I had compiled so nobody would see it. Then I'd likely go grab some various sentimental things from around the house, put them into the cars back which would be full at this point. I know that all of my friends would have alternate ways to escape, so as to who else I'd bring with me, I'd bring that girl I liked from my math class year, the crush I have had the longest and the crush from my german class, then I'd speed on out of the area and get as far away from the area as humanly possible, likely speeding on the highway towards the south.

• Brohoof 1

PC, headphones, my fav clothes, my lamb plushie, some secret items that would only take 2 seconds to pack

Honestly most of my shit is worthless so I'd be done packing in 30 mins

Now if we're talking like apocalyptic disaster and my pc wont work anywhere, pft, I ain't moving at all. Screw a no pc life

"Your family members have already left" 

uhh, they probably took both of their cars so I have no way of leaving this town without a car
I guess I'll just sit back, relax, watch some t.v. and hope for the best 

• Brohoof 1

I've always kept a locked case of my important documents and other papers under my desk in case there was ever a fire or for some other reason I needed to leave the house immediately. The case also includes an external hard drive and USB stick with all my work and other creative projects. So the case would be one thing I would grab. My pet cat and mouse would already be safe due to family having already left. I suppose all that would be left would be to stuff my hold all bag with just enough clothes along with some basic food and hygiene products. After that, just shoes and a coat and I'm good to go. I should have a good two and a half hours to spare to leg it before whatever disaster hits. Just hope the home insurance covers whatever befalls my home. :P

• Brohoof 2

When it comes to things like this, I should have specified and said a nuclear bomb is going to be dropped on the area, enough to destroy everything in around 20-30 miles or at least make it uninhabitable for a long time. The reason being, maybe the military discovered dangerous minerals in the ground that they want to get rid of or something.

If it were a natural disaster, probably my important documents, my cat and some food/extra litter for her.  Be sure to bring my phone charger, phone, wallet, keys and maybe my laptop if I had time to.  I don't really have a car and I live alone, maybe someone would be willing to take me with them???????????

If it were a nuclear attack, nothing, you can't out-run a nuclear bomb and again, I have no car so it wouldn't be like I had a chance to escape anyways.  Just hold onto my cat and hope for the best.  If people were fleeing the city because of a bomb, there'd no doubt be traffic with a LOT of people stuck where-ever they were and again, you can't out run a bomb.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A nuke? :sealed: 

I have two vehicles: A car and pickup truck. The truck gets horrendous gas mileage, so I'm taking the car.  I would load it up with the essentials and all of my firearms/ammo. Luckily, I live in a fairly rural area, so traffic shouldn't be much of an issue.

Definitely not leaving without a telescope and tracking mount  :proud:

Edited by Phosphor
  • Brohoof 2

I'd take basic survival stuff; warm clothes, gun, knife, non-perishable food, matches flashlight, batteries and a map, and my blanket for sentimental reasons. Then I'd steal my cousin's car (she can come along) and head inland toward the mountains. I don't need much else because I don't collect a lot of things I'd want to bring along.  

• Brohoof 1

Lets just say I had 3 hours to leave the country for (insert thing that would cause many refugees)

I would just empty my school bag and a gym bag I got from a Supermarket's bank for free at school,

Then I'd grab a fabric tote bag I have and force all my clothes and underwear in one of the bags (I dont havr many pieces of clothes)

Then pack as much of my stuff as I can cram into the bags (which would probably be a large amount of what I'd take), take my Twily plushie and try to get to the nearest safe country (yes the nearest safe country, since that's kinda how being a refugee works)

• Brohoof 1

We have bug-out bags packed and ready to go, with evacuation routes planned.

If my family has already left, that means my wife's taken the truck and trailer and evacuated the livestock along with the portable pens and other equipment that lives with the trailer. That doesn't really leave much to worry about here, all the material goods are replaceable, all important documents are in the bug-out bags, electronic copies of less-important documents are kept in a portable hard-drive that sits on the network right next to the bug-out bag + all the camping equipment. Likely I'll be dealing with that + the indoor pets, so say... half an hour for me to get on the road? We have small emergency CB radios in the vehicles, so I'll be able to contact my wife if either of us can't make one of the planned rendezvous points.

• Brohoof 1

Hey! Why did my family members leave without me?

We have a lock box with all our important papers and documents. I'd grab that and RUN!

(Still don't know why my husband ditched me! I'll have word with him over that!)

I’d pack as many clothes as I can, non-perishable food...throw that all into my truck and then stop by Walmart really quick and stock up on bottled water and whatever kind of camping survival gear I can get in there, drive up to Illinois and snatch @Cyclone1066 and @Misty Breeze and then take off for the Mexican border. :P 

• Brohoof 1

I only have one room, and I don’t have too many things, so it shouldn’t take me too long to pack everything up. I’d probably leave behind my cooking things but just about everything else could come with me.

• 1 month later...

I would begin by packing food, bottled water, juices and clothes. After that I would pack my laptop, Nintendo Switch and 3DS. Of course, I'd have to pack the proper equipment and games, though it would really only take me half an hour.

3 hours is plenty of time to pack stuff. I'd probably go for my PC and Consoles first, which would only take like 20 minutes to stuff them into a box and get them out into the car. Then I'd go for some of the more important stuff (Important documents, clothes, etc.)

2 hours ago, Misty Breeze said:

My truck, my 4 wheeler, and most important my Lucky Bolt:toldya:

Sounds like a deal! :ticking: One thing though....would your truck be able to tow mine? :mlp_lie: