Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does it take before you brohoof a post?

碇 シンジン

I brohoof for a number of reasons:

- If someone is new to the site. Sort of like a welcoming thing

- If it is something funny

- If it is something I agree with

- If someone has complimented me or has given helpful advice

- If they are trying to encourage someone else

• Brohoof 1

Fact: I brohoof too much and that is for real.

I usually brohoof people I like a lot and those post which are down right hilarious. Also those posts which I agree with strongly as well.

• Brohoof 1

I don't brohoof as much as I probably should.

I generally reserve them for posts I particularly agree with, something clever and/or funny, something I would have said myself or an especially nice picture or video I've not seen before. 

So if you get a brohoof from me you have earned it.

• Brohoof 2

If I strongly agree, laugh out loud at, or for some other reason really like a post. I'm a bit stingy giving them out, because when you give out too many, they lose their meaning.

Also, if the post is by someone I like, it doesn't take quite as much for me to brohoof it. Heh.

• Brohoof 1

Reason I brohoof:

1. I agree with the post.
  2. I like the post.
  3. The post is funny.
  4. There is a non-offensive picture of Rarity and/or Applejack. 
  5. I'm impressed by something that is said.

Unfortunately, I will often forget to brohoof something. 

I brohoofed this, in fact.

• Brohoof 2

It doesn't take much for me to brohoof a post, if I see a post and I think it's funny. I'll brohoof it, or if I just like a post in general lol.

Also if I do see someone has put a lot of effort into their post then I'll usually brohoof it, and if I agree with them.

So yeah, almost any reason for me. xDD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I sometimes do when I agree with someone, consider their post amusing, or something about their post is impressive (such as posting artwork or perhaps if they have gone into quite a bit of detail with their argument).

On side note, if such statistics were available to be seen, I think you, ooBrony, would appear as a noticeable percentage of all brohoofs given in this forum as I see your approval of people's posts much more often than anyone else.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

If said post is funny, has had some effort put into it or is something I agree with then it has my brohoof. Also if it is pony fan-art. I don't care if you've drawn a box with four legs and called it a picture of a pony. You're getting a brohoof.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

I actually brohoof most of them. Want to let people know that I've read it and appreciate it. I don't always agree, but I still respect various opinions. I find it very interesting and I learn a lot from it, so it's my sign of appreciation. :coco:

I tend to not brohoof the following:

1. Most of the stuff that feels negative, hateful, rude or vulgar. Just an example, not that I see much of it. <3 :catface:

2. When it's only one word or very short. Like, very repetitive stuff, something that feels like copy-paste.

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Sven Utacien said:

I actually brohoof most of them. Want to let people know that I've read it and appreciate it. I don't always agree, but I still respect various opinions. I find it very interesting and I learn a lot from it, so it's my sign of appreciation. :coco:

I tend to not brohoof the following:

1. Most of the stuff that feels negative, hateful, rude or vulgar. Just an example, not that I see much of it. <3 :catface:

2. When it's only one word or very short. Like, very repetitive stuff, something that feels like copy-paste.

I would say this is similar to my requirements since it should feel like a human being was actually writing instead of just copying and pasting a five word sentence to three different threads or whatever you call them hehe. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

Usually only one of three scenarios:

1. Posts that make me laugh

2. Posts that I agree with

3. Posts that I may disagree with, but with points have been constructed eloquently

I'm not a huge stickler for grammar when it comes to an internet forum but an exception to the above criteria would probably be made if a post had excessive spelling mistakes.

• 1 year later...