Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does it take before you brohoof a post?

碇 シンジン

If you've got a post that makes me laugh or interests me in some way then you've got a brohoof.

Sometimes I'll do it if someone has the same opinion, giving it a "thumbs up".

Often I'll brohoof a post that is well thought out or perhaps took a lot of time for the person to write, such ramblings are enjoyable enough to me anyway, and it shows someone cares about what they're saying.

Pictures and Gifs are good too. They often get my approval! 

• Brohoof 3

Oh, pfft.

I bet you also hate the word be brony because...I don't know...it symbolizes gender oppression on the internet or something.

The meaning is in the eye of the beholder.

To most, the word "bro" in "brony" (and by the law of osmosis, "brohoof") is sexually ambiguous. Not because "male is the default" or something equally as long-winded and sillu, but because it helps promote gender equality in the fandom. It helps .people think "hey, even though I'm a girl, I still belong", because at the end of the day, they watch a show about cartoon horses. I'd prefer not to alienate them from this fandom just because they're a different gender, because there's really no difference between male and female fans.

Listen, all I did was answer the question to this topic. Then I answered why I didn't like the term when questioned. I will never accept "bro" as gender-neutral. It is short for "brother", which means male sibling. Gender-ambiguous terms should be, I don't know, actually gender-neutral, not masculine terms that have found a second meaning (funny how it's always masculine terms that do this, too).

Either way, what is it to you? I just won't use the "brohoof" button.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Anything anyone says that I would have said otherwise, but because it was said, I do not have to post....

I also brohoof anything I may not have said on my own terms (for whatever reason), but I do agree with.

I also brohoof anything I never thought of before but makes sense and thus opens my worldview in that context...

Anything so hilarious I cannot help but laugh...

Overall anything methodical and thoughtful within the reasoning of the topic at hand. I like smart people, but at the same time, not everything needs to be a dissertation....

Sometimes KISS is all that is needed....

Keep it Short, Simple, and Stupid!

• Brohoof 1

Usually oppinions I can respect completely and what are not in anyway offencive. I also brohoof what I find amusing but if I could id brohoof everything as not many people on here have given me bad answers and have been quite friendly so far. I have a huge amount of respect for you guys and this site and moderators as well this site is the heaven of the net world. Sooo massive brohoofs all round. :-)

• Brohoof 1

I only Brohoof posts if they're either funny, nearly word for word what I was going to post or are something I can wholeheartedly agree with.. So if you manage to make me either laugh or say "You took the words right out of my mouth" then you just earned a brohoof from me. 

• Brohoof 2

I only Brohoof posts if they're either funny, nearly word for word what I was going to post or are something I can wholeheartedly agree with.. So if you manage to make me either laugh or say "You took the words right out of my mouth" then you just earned a brohoof from me. 

Haha, you just earned a brohoof from me! :D

• Brohoof 1

Before I dispense a brohoof (and brohoofs are of course finite - I have only so many to give), the post in question must meet one or several strict criteria!  I pose, to myself, the following questions:

1. Does the post contain words?

2. Does the post assemble said words in a pleasing manner?

3. Is there an appealing picture of Rainbow Dash situated somewhere amongst the pleasingly assembled words?  Is she making one of her patented "sexyfaces?"

4. Did someone compliment me?

5. Did someone compliment Rainbow Dash?

6. Am I soooo very sleep-deprived that I am largely beyond giving a damn?

7. Do I even have a number seven?

If I like / agree with your post on some level I may well brohoof it.  If I feel even a small sense of kinship with you whilst perusing your post: brohoof.  I may brohoof your post simply to acknowledge that I read it; probably after you quoted me.  I may brohoof your post just in case; when I'm not entirely certain if you're being sarcastic or genuine.  I may brohoof you to show my support.  Had we disagreed about something and ultimately achieved some degree of neutrality, I will likely brohoof.  Unless you posted a sexy picture of Rainbow Dash, there might not be any sure way of telling why you were brohoofed by me lol.  I might not even know.

• Brohoof 1

Generally if someone makes a good and noteworthy point. I don't have to agree with someone to brohoof them. If they make a good observation or comment that I might still disagree with that's good enough.

Also anything that makes me laugh or has pure nostalgia value is just as good! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

If I think something the poster said is funny or witty. Or if I totally agree with what they said.

Also if someone comments on my artwork I brohoof their response 99% of the time. I don't usually respond to their comments unless I feel it's necessary or if I want to. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to write out a really generic looking thank you even if I'm grateful for their compliment or critique. So I'll brohoof it to acknowledge their response.

• Brohoof 1

What kind of post it has to be to you to hit that button?

I brohoof every post I like or when I see the poster has put a lot of effort into the post.

From what I see, it does not take much. So many people brohoof my posts and I dont know why!  :o

• Brohoof 1

If you take the time to think about what you want to post before making it public, then chances are I'll give you a brohoof.

I tend to gravitate towards posts that are written eloquently and thoughtfully. If your post is only 1 sentence long, then chances are i'll scroll past your post and look for others that are longer and have more meaning to them.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

If it's a post in the Welcoming Plaza, I'll almost definitely brohoof it, unless it's unfriendly or just very irrelevant. Elsewhere, the post would have to be particularly helpful, friendly or funny for me to brohoof it, or one that I agree with quite strongly, perhaps. I also try to brohoof recent topics as well, and if you make a post in the Fluttershy fan club, you'll know when I've seen it. ^.~

• Brohoof 2

I brohoof a post when it matches my own thoughts, or is so well rationalized that I can't help but respect it even if I disagree. I also use it when I'm in a discussion with someone and want to show I have read their post and have nothing more to add to the discussion.

• Brohoof 1

Brohoofs I give if:

1. Rarity :D

2. Rarity :pout:

3. Rarity :proud:

4. Funny/Clever posts :lol:

5.  Luna :comeatus:

6. Posts that show somepony cares. :twi:

7. Effort put into said post. B)

8. Speaking out on something major. :sneer:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I brohoof a post if I see a post that's:

~Well thought out and nicely written.

~Something positive, like words of encouragement.

~If it has anything to do with Princess Luna.

~If it's a friend of mine.

~A point that I agree with.

~Something funny.

:D

Edited by Sommar
  • Brohoof 1