Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does it take before you brohoof a post?

碇 シンジン

What don't you like about the term brohoof? (Please don't tell me its a silly gender thing)

I don't know his opinion but I think brohoof means different things to everybody thats why it's hard to define 'Like' button would be more simple because it is easy to understand that may be why some people don't like the term brohoof that much.

• Brohoof 1

What don't you like about the term brohoof? (Please don't tell me its a silly gender thing)

But yes, it is a "silly gender thing". I do not accept the idea of "bro/brother" being gender-neutral. I'm not saying that other women can't use it, but *I* won't, because I see it as a part of the mindset that male/masculinity is neutral/default and I reject that notion wholeheartedly.

• Brohoof 2

I don't take giving or receiving brohoofs too seriously. I've seen people get upset over not having/getting them, which really isn't worth it. I'll usually brohoof things I agree with, if the person has put a lot of effort in to a post, or anything that makes me smile, really. I think it's a nice way to be friendly. :)

Say something nice about Rarity. 

something nice about Rarity.

• Brohoof 5

~ I agree with the post.

~ I find the post funny

~ The post was well-done and informative.

~ The post was directed at me, so I brohoof to show that I've read it.

~ The post was made in a thread I created (depending).

Basically for the most part, if I like it or it involves me, I'll probably brohoof it. :)

• Brohoof 2

For the general answer, I brohoof posts I like.

As for specifics:

1. Posts I generally agree with

2. Posts with interesting or thought-provoking posts

3. Posts with pictures, music, or videos I like

4. Pro-Sombra posts

5. Eye-catching RP posts

6. @Kay Dreamer :P

Maybe other reasons. :P

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, my brohoofing is like a Like on Pandora or Facebook: its because I like what was said/what's being played. If its a good song that I can rock out to at work or online to kill time thats a plus theres a Thumbs up.  So yeah Brohoofs are like Hi fives, thumbs up, pat on the backs, the silent agreement nod, etc. 

On a side note when I actually have time to log on and enjoy myself, Applejack and Fluttershy get brohoofs :D

• Brohoof 1

Reason I brohoof:

1. I agree with the post.
  2. I like the post.
  3. The post is funny.
  4. There is a non-offensive picture of Rarity and/or Applejack. 
  5. I'm impressed by something that is said.

Unfortunately, I will often forget to brohoof something. 

Same as Spectum's post except replace the "Rarity and/or Applejack" with "Twilight Sparkle" Yes, I often forget to brohoof. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

But yes, it is a "silly gender thing". I do not accept the idea of "bro/brother" being gender-neutral. I'm not saying that other women can't use it, but *I* won't, because I see it as a part of the mindset that male/masculinity is neutral/default and I reject that notion wholeheartedly.

Oh, pfft.

I bet you also hate the word be brony because...I don't know...it symbolizes gender oppression on the internet or something.

The meaning is in the eye of the beholder.

To most, the word "bro" in "brony" (and by the law of osmosis, "brohoof") is sexually ambiguous. Not because "male is the default" or something equally as long-winded and sillu, but because it helps promote gender equality in the fandom. It helps .people think "hey, even though I'm a girl, I still belong", because at the end of the day, they watch a show about cartoon horses. I'd prefer not to alienate them from this fandom just because they're a different gender, because there's really no difference between male and female fans.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 2

Welp, I'll brohoof something I like; something I could relate to; something very well-explained; something... Well yeah that's it, or just as a means of agreement if a post wouldn't be necessary or there isn't another way to express approval.

• Brohoof 1

Usually I brohoof an idea that I agree with. Sometimes in a thread, somebody says the exact thing that I would have said, so I brohoof those instead of posting if I don't have anything to add.

I'll brohoof something if it makes me laugh, as well. 

• Brohoof 2