Did you EVER think you'd be a brony?

Artist-Sky

Well, I really didn't think I would. I liked the older generation 2 toys and though this new show ruined it. Then after watching it, I thought g2 ruined the new one. :3

So, did you ever think you'd be a brony?

• Brohoof 3

Not at all, when I first learned of us, I was like 'alright that's cool, but I doubt I'd ever become one myself'. That was probably ... at least 4+ months or so before I started getting into it. :P

• Brohoof 2

84jdcweaze4.png
3rd Eye | To suffer hate in search of love, or lose them both forever? 🎔 ~

(edited)

I actually began as a hater.  :eww:  I was like "WTF!?" when I first discovered bronies. I never saw myself as a brony. After episodes 1 and 2, I was like not bad. Few episodes later I was a brony in denial. Then Party of One came. Oh boy, that episode instantly turned me into a self-accepting brony.  :squee:  And I am proud of it!

Edited by A Rainbow Makusu2
  • Brohoof 7

My Youtube Channel

I upload clips, animations, and other stuff. I'd appreciate it if you subscribe.

I actually sort of wanted to be one before I became one. I knew about them (one of my friends was a brony) and I didn't really care; I was/am an anime fan, an "otaku" so to speak, and I got/get a lot of flak for that, so I never judged the bronies. But from what I had seen from my friend's t-shirts, I really liked the designs of the ponies and thought, "You know, I'd actually like to try to watch this show. Too bad I can't, because if my family walked in on me while I was doing it I'd never hear the end of it."

Then, one of my other friends became a brony and I went over to his house and I watched the first three episodes.

I was fairly speechless and wanted more.

• Brohoof 4

Nope. Not ever. Not even close. Not even in the same remote Galaxy.

It's amazing that someone like my past self even got into the show,let alone loving it through and through.

• Brohoof 1

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

Nah, but in the back of my mind I vaguely knew it was a possibly. I basically laughed at bronies and thought the whole thing was stupid before I really looked into it. But as per usual, I had to learn what all the fuss was about and I ended up becoming a fan

• Brohoof 2

I've always been a fan of animation, so given a show like this, I didn't really expect not to like it... luckily, it was of high enough quality to get me hooked. So yeah, I always assumed I would become a brony.

• Brohoof 2

Happy minion of The Fabulous One!

img-2257-1-sig-2257.sig-2257.sig-2257.Full_Spectrum2_2.jpg

Signature by Midnightive

Check out my blog! https://mlpforums.com/blog/1083-sunny-side-den/

I was a hater at first, but didn't do any active things like post on message boards. Then I actually watched it and became a better person in general! I guess I had a few lessons to learn  :huh:

• Brohoof 2

G08L3lX.png?2?1706

Hey there! I'm ~Sylveon~. You can call me Sylveon. xD If you ever need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm here for you. :)

Basically, I always wanted to be a brony, but it never dawned on me to try it for a long time, if that makes any sense.  Even before I was aware of the existence of the brony fandom, I would gaze wistfully at pony merch and pictures, and wish longingly that I could watch the show and get into it.  It just seemed like something I could, would, and should like.  But sadly, even though I am open minded and somewhat non-conformist, I am still a product of society and it's social norms and stereotypes.  As such, there was a mental block preventing me from realizes that, "YES, I CAN IN FACT WATCH THIS!"  One day, I stumbled onto the brony episode of Good Mythical Morning, and that acted as the catalyst to make me think, "What a minute, what am I doing?  Why am I not watching this?"  Pulled one episode up on demand, ordered all seasons on disc shortly thereafter, and the rest is history.

So, to answer the question directly--did I ever think I'd be a brony?  I'd have to say no.  But I wanted to be one.  And I'm so glad that some sense finally got knocked into me so that I could become one.  And today, I wore my Rainbow Dash silhouette t-shirt out to dinner for the very first time, and lemmie tell ya--it felt pretty darn good.

• Brohoof 3

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

I was actually oblivious to the brony community for the first couple of years, I discovered it when season 3 was half way done and I got curious instantly, here I am now! 

• Brohoof 2

BgX5DiG.png?1

A samurai pyromancer? That's a bit overpowered.

"Trust me, there is much more out there that's stronger than me, I'm a soldier, not a god"

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/burning-h-bastion-r5178

Hah, no. I was aware that the community existed. I hated it at first, then came to accept it, but still didn't watch the show for a long time. Started watching around season 4 and got sucked into it.

• Brohoof 1

29q1lx3.jpg

Yeah, I did. I was like: "If the show is good, I guess I'll be a brony." And the show was good. So there ya go. I'll became a brony.

• Brohoof 2

img-24134-1-img-24134-1-Sscj1oz.png

Not at all. It just happened after a few episodes I watched, and I was hooked to the series. That's when I decided that I was a brony. Before that I was completely oblivious to the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-30359000-1383085877.png

I can honestly say "no" to this. I did not think it would be possible, but after about a year of hearing about the fandom and whatnot, I gave it a shot, before immersing myself in the realm of Equestria.

Best decision of my life. Turns out that being a brony in my community makes you a friend magnet, and it is appealing to the ladies in a group as well.  :catface:

• Brohoof 3

"Time is just an illusionary factoid that all natural things are bound to. It has the power to crumble even the mightiest of mountains into little more than dust, yet if it is an illusion, why is this so? Because people waste a lot of time, only wishing they had more. Little do people realize an inescapable fact: Time governs those who wish they had more of it. By wishing you could use it better, you govern time, and you can get all the time you'll ever need." — Starfall, Quillwaver

yeah, I did.

I first found out about bronies when I joined Deviantart. ponies were EVERYWHERE! I like some of the art, so I would favourite it.

then I started....clopping.

then I decided to check out the show I was clopping to, and I watched the wonderbolt academy episode.

the rest is sweet blissful history ^_^

• Brohoof 3

ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

trixie_zpsd37014b9.png

My Deviantart | My G-Mail

I was neutral before joining the fandom, I didn't even know it was a thing until mid 2011 when I started seeing memes pop up. I was bored and did some research and got told to watch the first few episodes. I found myself smiling so I stuck around. 

Really though if I get bored enough for long enough I get into about anything.

• Brohoof 2

OC Pages: Fire Lily, Angel, Flutter Dusk

Loyalty is rare. If you've found it, keep it.

Not really at first I just turned against them, trolled them, and just hated everything ponified but then out of confusion I joined the herd to actually learn how to stay away from becoming a brony however later on I made a deal with myself if I got a few friends on the site I'd stay if not I'd stay away from ponies forever, I got 3 friends so I stayed and now I can't quit because I'm running a pony page on Facebook, I technically have 7 ponies (3 are coming in a month from Ebay) and I have to stand up for Sweetie Belle it really came out of nowhere though I liked MLP ever since Janurary 2 years ago.

• Brohoof 4

img-3243014-1-W0qjY9J.pngAwesome signature made by Pink Mist 

Well it's not too surprising for me. I've always enjoyed Power Rangers up into my adulthood, as well as other aspects of nerd/geek culture. Combine that with an utter lack of care with what others think of me, this really isn't a stretch.

• Brohoof 2

I've never hated My Little Pony or Bronies, but I didn't think I would become a Brony after learning about them. I think it helped that the first Bronies I met were a bunch of my online friends, though I joked about leaving the website we were on because of them.

I am an animation fan, however, so it was only a matter of time until another friend convinced me to go ahead and give the show a chance. And then I became hooked after "Applebuck Season". I wasn't ever in denial, so to speak, but I was definitely in "hide this from everyone" mode.

• Brohoof 3

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

In hindsight I'm not surprised I did end up liking the show because I've been a fan of other shows aimed at girls before, but at the time I would have never imagined liking a show about colorful ponies. When all the pony stuff started popping up, my initial reaction was total bewilderment, especially when it invaded a forum I was on at the time to the point that an entire sub-forum was created for it despite the fact that the forum in question had absolutely nothing to do with animation or cartoons in the slightest. 

• Brohoof 2

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.