Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you EVER think you'd be a brony?

Artist-Sky

No, not really
I didn't think the show would reel me in so quickly.
then episodes came and I fully evolved into a pegasister the end.

• Brohoof 1

Nope!

When a friend of mine introduced it to me, this was my first though: My Little Pony? But its for little girls and I remember watching it when I was a little girl... Why watch it now? O-o

....then my friend told me that it was a remake. Gave it a shot. Now I'm a brony.

• Brohoof 2

I first saw the word brony in a comment by a deviant who was condemning another deviant for drawing a pic of fluttershy doing a vore. I did not let my mind enter a stereotype though. I always said to myself "It could happen."

• Brohoof 1

I personally did not.  At the time I found this show, the only thing I had any interest in was Mobile Suit Gundam.  But MLP:FiM has lead me to enjoy so many other great things, too may for this one comment.

• Brohoof 1

Never in my life did I think I would become one.

Back in 2011 or so I hated MLP with a passion, I always thought it was just getting in the way and invading other things I liked (Basically I saw many ponified versions of other franchises by complete chance) I just couldn't stand seeing them. But three years after that (Around April 2014) I realized my hate was just me jumping the gun and judging a book by it's cover, and when I found out Lauren Faust worked on Friendship is Magic, that's when I gave the show a chance, and well... here I am.

It's funny, but the day before I watched the first episode i just HAPPENED to find a Pinkie Pie figure in the park. (Which I took home with me) One of the really small McDonald's ones.

• Brohoof 2

I began as someone who could care-less. I honestly thought that if someone liked the show- they would most likely be outcasts.

But then I started watching it, I soon found the Fandom. I started with the music. Then got more into the show. The plot and all! :D I feel in love. And I took back everything I ever said back then. I love the show, so the answer is no. I don't think so.

• Brohoof 1

Lol I've had that thought run across my head numerous times. No, if I was told that I would end up being a pony obsessed fan girl years ago I wouldn't have believed it. Was a huge tomboy and despised the thought of anything considered girly.

Hell, the first time I saw a couple of dudes on Facebook posting pony stuff a couple years ago I thought it was a little odd. I didn't think much of it, until a year and a half ago I saw the show on netflix. I laughed at how girly and lame it looked, but decided to watch it out of curiosity.

Like 4 episodes in, I was like BAM I LOVE THIS SHOW. :derp:

• Brohoof 2

Umm...I never actually knew what a 'brony' was honestly. I stumbled into the show and loved it straightaway, I found out about bronies afterwards and was happy to call myself one :)

(edited)

I saw someone with a pony avatar on a forum, and I immediately assumed said person was a girl. After a long, long while, I found out said person was actually a guy, and then I was a little confused. I assumed it was a fluke and maybe that guy was just a little weird, but after a while I started to see several grown men with pony avatars. I eventually figured out there was a term for it, Brony, and it confused the heck out of me. I thought it was a joke or a meme or something. Back in 2011, I couldn't take a dude with a colorful pony avatar seriously. I didn't even know it was My Little Pony, and I didn't even know it was a TV show.

Eventually I was curious enough, so I guessed that it was My Little Pony. I Google'd that to see if I could find some sort of explanation for the phenomenon. I went to Wikipedia to see what it was all about, and that was when I realized that it's actually just a show that people like. Less than a week later I watched my first episode. It wasn't that good, but it wasn't that bad, either. The next day I watched another. That was the first Discord two-parter, and I really liked it. I then dedicated 20 minutes of my day to watching MLP episodes until I had seen them all. Then I started calling myself a brony. At first I was reluctant to admit it to myself, but now I'm a lot more comfortable with that status.

TL;DR: I never thought I'd like My Little Pony. I never thought I'd have a pony avatar of my own. I never thought I'd become what we call a brony. But if you had said that I'd like a kid-friendly animated TV show with an all-pony cast, I'd have believed you.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest i never thought in a million years that i would have become a brony but allow me to explain. I officially became a Brony on August 26th 2012 when i was going to my local job corp to get my Computer Technician Certification there was a guy in my class who sat two seats away from me and knew that he was a Brony cause he would always be talking about it and making jokes and references from the show. I already knew what a Brony was at the time cause when you go to job corp you experience a lot of different internet culture and memes. I didnt think twice about it but after he showed me some pics and a couple of episodes i knew it was a good show by the animation quality and the voice acting but i really wasnt too sure about how i would feel about being a fandom about "Talking Colorful Ponies". But after about a couple of weeks of doing research,Browsing many Forums and watching nearly all of season one i knew that i was hooked. So i went back to my friend the next day after watching the previous episode (which was party of one) i told him that i might be a brony but he was cool with it and introduced me to many other parts of the fandom and after that everything else was history. And here i am about to celebrate my Two year Brony Anniversary if you would call it i never would have thought i could come to like MLP but i guess once you find something to relate to everything else just seems so easy to get into. And Being a Brony i have met alot of wonderful people some of whom are still my very close friends and are overall good people. If i didnt go to job corp and meet my friend i might have never got into the fandom. (long post i know) 

• Brohoof 2

Well... I don't know actually. The reason why I got into this fandom was cause of the Save Derpy campaign. It was viral 2 years ago and I was like... "What's going on?". So I checked it out and I cried. So I did some research on where it came from. Which was "The Last Roundup".

I'm a one curious person. So I watched the episode. I enjoyed it alot. So I watched more and more and I got hooked. I enjoy being a brony. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm kind of in between. When I found out what a brony was I saw it but thought nothing of it. In other words, I figured out what a brony was, but I did not think "weird" nor did I think "cool!" It just passed me up with little distraction. However, once my older sister (older, yes, about 25) started watching it on her computer it was a little distracting. That caught my attention, but I was interested. Once it was on our TV screen one morning I watched it and haven't stopped watching it since. So, I never knew I'd be one, but I didn't think I would or wouldn't be one. It just happened randomly one day.

• Brohoof 2

• 6 years later...

When I was into MLP in 2008, I would probably never think I would become a Brony. First of all, I am already into MLP. Second of all, FIM and Bronies didn't exist until late 2009.

But here I am! Go figure :mlp_icwudt: