Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't wanna go mainstream!

Harmony Spark

I love MLP but recently have watched shows that I haven't watched ever since my childhood such as Dexters Lab and Powerpuff Girls. I'm beginning to like these shows a LOT more than before and I'm worried that I might leave the MLP fandom for liking these shows more than MLP itself. And especially now it's off the air until next season, I don't know how to remain a borny now that other shows are catching my attention. what should I do?

What should you do? Do you want to be a fan of only one intellectual property because you think you will lose interest in it if you do not? If so then I guess stop watching the other shows. I personally can be a fan of many different things at the same time without dropping interest in one that is not coming out with new content at the moment. It doesn't bother me.

• Brohoof 3

There a lot of bronies that don't have MLP as their number #1 and I am one of them, in my case it is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (a bit of a tie betweeen the 80's/90's cartoon that I grew up with and the 2003 reboot), it dosen't mean I don't like MLP it just means that I have a particular show that I like even better. We are between seasons right now and losing some interest between seasons is fairly common but it dosen't always mean a permanent loss of interest. Dexters Lab and Powerpuff Girls are both great shows so enjoy them and once season 5 roles around you might end up getting some of that fire back.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, I had such situations. Being somepony with narrow circle of interests is definitely not good. But there are so many thangs that may distract us and get us to fall in love with ’em. Besides MLP I like the “Game of Thrones” series and Alan Wake. I love last one so much I even wanted to get a literary education to become someone like its protagonist (but that is not my cutie mark is telling me.) But as for me, the main passion must be only one, cause it’s always somethin’ I dedicating whole myself to (I exist in only one specimen, ain’t I? :)).

The solution is simple (at least for me)- if you like some other show, just watch it to its end. Take some time and then watch something from MLP, especially most heartwarming episodes. Even if ya have already watched it, reckon back, remember what emotions you felt during your first viewing it, or pretend that you’re watching it for very first time. And you’ll see that true love won’t pass by (at least not so fast and easily), no matter whom or what this love addressed to.

But if anything won’t help, just reconsider- maybe MLP is not your most favorite show? Well, it’s not a problem if you like something even more than ponies. The bottom line is that you have some fun by watching something you like, and that’s it. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't really understand what you're worried about. You don't have some limited reservoir of love that you must save for MLP and only MLP. You can appreciate more than one thing at the same time. In fact, that's how it should be, because if you watch nothing but MLP you're more likely to burn out on it faster. Breaks are sometimes necessary. Go ahead, expand your interests. You'll be fine.

If you fall out of love with the show at some point? That's okay too. I myself don't harbor much interest in the show anymore, and I don't feel I'm any worse off for it. 

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's nothing wrong to admit you like FIM less than other shows. You should always broaden your interests in TV shows besides just a spare few. As long as you still like FIM, you're a brony. For example, of the shows I watch, I like Thomas & Friends, Digimon, Monster Rancher, and Carmen Sandiego more than FIM.

Edited by Dark Qiviut